Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Free Beer Tomorrow JMU
Bookmark and Share
South Carolina Duke Offline
Banned

I Root For: James Madison
Free Beer Tomorrow JMU
It seems that this would be more appropriate for our Administration to adverstise. Forget all other slogans and socially accepted/corporate buzz words.

I would like our Admin, BOV and faculty, students and alumni to answer this question. Can a "National University" be committed to academics and athletics. Or, are these two functons on any Division I college campus mutually exclusive?

As for the free beer tomorrow, that is exactly what JMU has been feeding all of us for some time. The reality is that tomorrow will never come! True leadership comes from living in the present and not "tomorrowland". True leaders do not fear action.
(This post was last modified: 04-16-2014 11:16 AM by South Carolina Duke.)
04-16-2014 10:55 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

quick25 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: JMU
RE: Free Beer Tomorrow JMU
To be fair JMU did in fact feed me plenty of free beer. "JMU rules because our beer is free" is one slogan/promise that actually was fulfilled.
04-28-2014 10:03 PM
QuinDuke Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: James Madison
(04-28-2014 10:03 PM)quick25 Wrote:  To be fair JMU did in fact feed me plenty of free beer. "JMU rules because our beer is free" is one slogan/promise that actually was fulfilled.

I, too, received plenty of beer I did not pay for while I was at JMU, and I also think JMU rules. Therefore, by the transitive power of awesomeness, JMU rules because of free beer. 04-cheers
04-29-2014 08:07 AM
Longhorn Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-16-2014 10:55 AM)South Carolina Duke Wrote:  True leadership comes from living in the present and not "tomorrowland". True leaders do not fear action.

By your definition I suppose the stars of "Jacka*s (the movie)" are leaders...living in the present, not fearing action, and with complete disregard and disdain of any consequences.

"Action without reason!!!" should be our new university motto. 04-cheers
(This post was last modified: 04-29-2014 08:31 AM by Longhorn.)
04-29-2014 08:30 AM
Advertisement

ShadyP Offline
Heisman

(04-29-2014 08:30 AM)Longhorn Wrote:  
(04-16-2014 10:55 AM)South Carolina Duke Wrote:  True leadership comes from living in the present and not "tomorrowland". True leaders do not fear action.

By your definition I suppose the stars of "Jacka*s (the movie)" are leaders...living in the present, not fearing action, and with complete disregard and disdain of any consequences.

"Action without reason!!!" should be our new university motto. 04-cheers

Nope, just we have no real peers remaining in the CAA (Delaware in the only legitimate peer institution in the CAA)......JMU actually has far more in common from a peer institution angle with SB/MAC/CUSA than the CAA.
04-29-2014 08:49 AM
HolyCityDuke Offline
All American

I Root For: Duke Doge
The JMU admin remind me of the underpants gnomes...

step 1: Do listening tours
step 2: ?
step 3: National University!

[Image: c1e3dba81fc987cbca70af435b2140689e51fc0b...09fb8d.jpg]
04-29-2014 10:39 AM
deepsouthduke Offline
Water Engineer

this thread?
04-29-2014 02:36 PM
brizzock Offline
Galactic Overlord

Free Beer Tomorrow JMU
(04-29-2014 10:39 AM)HolyCityDuke Wrote:  The JMU admin remind me of the underpants gnomes...

step 1: Do listening tours
step 2: ?
step 3: National University!

[Image: c1e3dba81fc987cbca70af435b2140689e51fc0b...09fb8d.jpg]

I love this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
04-29-2014 11:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.