Season Tickets

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bowl game or Fail?
Bookmark and Share
4thDownBlazer Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UAB
Bowl game or Fail?
We are coming up on 10 years since the Blazer's trip to the Hawaii Bowl (Our only bowl appearance). Is our program at a point where its a failed season if we dont make it to a bowl game? Even with a new coach this season?
04-16-2014 09:08 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

the_blazerman Offline
Revert to group default

RE: Bowl game or Fail?
Skate or Die?
04-16-2014 09:09 AM
The Answer UAB Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB!!!
I think everyone WANTS a bowl game, but our program has been so bad for so long that you can't consider it a failure if our first year coach doesn't make a bowl game next season. I think four-five wins would be a very good season for us.
04-16-2014 09:16 AM
Memphis Blazer Online
Lifelong member of the general public

I Root For: Acts grown old

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Might as well say its a failed season if we don't win the national championship this year.
04-16-2014 09:28 AM

Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Given that 6 wins would triple our win total for last year, no.
04-16-2014 09:30 AM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
Ditto Smaug. That said a bowl would be a great shot in the arm for everyone. Doable but not expected.
04-16-2014 09:41 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
blazers9911 Offline
Heisman

Survivor Runner-up
It's a failed season when the team doesn't show up for games, like it has done numerous times the last few years. It's much easier to handle a loss when just a couple of things going one way or the other could change the game. It really sucks losing by 800 to teams that haven't been competitive all year.

I don't think a bowl game is likely this year. I haven't thought that in years. I do think showing signs of improvement, especially on the defensive side, is likely. Outside of maybe a couple of teams in the conference, UAB should be able to play competitive football with every team in C-USA. As always, the Troy game will set the tone for the season. Hopefully this year if we have a QB playing lights out we won't put another in for the third series just because that was the game plan.
04-16-2014 10:08 AM

ICB Offline
All American

I just want the team to progress throughout the year... Whether that's winning 2 or 12.
04-16-2014 10:39 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
biglizard Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Absolutely not. Show us some progress. We are so far from a bowl team in terms of talent (at least based on the last 2 years). Just go out there and compete for 60 minutes every Saturday. That's all I'm looking for
04-16-2014 10:50 AM
BAMANBLAZERFAN Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB & Bama

BlazerTalk Award
A strong QB showing will be very positive for a better UAB season. What we can EXPECT today when we haven't even seen the team practice, may be overstating what we feel. We do know that the team lacked that as a factor in previous seasons (since Joe Webb). More multiplay drives (fewer 3 & outs) will help the "D" to improve its performance as well. I am hoping to see stronger play in the second half - particularly the 4th quarter - as a sign of improvement over 2012 & 2013.
04-16-2014 11:02 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2017 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.