Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Marijuana Use Causes Brain Damage Confirmed
EagleRockCafe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Eagles
Marijuana Use Causes Brain Damage Confirmed
[Image: 29bndrq.jpg]

Yea, tell me again how smoking this stuff is harmless....

Scientists have confirmed the long-held suspicion that frequent heavy marijuana use damages the brain's memory and learning capacity.

Australian researchers have showed for the first time that the earlier people start their marijuana habit, the worse the brain damage.

"Our results suggest that long-term cannabis use is hazardous to white matter in the developing brain. This was especially true for those who had started in adolescence, as we know the brain is still developing during this time," Lead researcher Dr. Marc Seal, from Melbourne’s Murdoch Children's Research Institute said in a university release.

Scientists from MCRI, Melbourne University and Wollongong University compared MRI scans of the brain for 59 people who had been using marijuana for an average of 15 years to 33 healthy people who had never used the drug.

After measuring changes to the volume, strength and integrity of white matter in the brains of all participants, researchers found that long-term heavy cannabis users had disruptions in their white matter fibers.

http://www.medicaldaily.com/marijuana-us...ed-241869#
04-15-2014 08:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

pharaoh0 Offline
Triggered by Microaggressions

I Root For: Duke, L'ville
RE: Marijuana Use Causes Brain Damage Confirmed
Researchers always said this....people just don't want to listen. Kinda like smoking tobacco regularly.
04-15-2014 08:23 PM
oklalittledixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Oklahoma
Que pothead advocates to discount this research

Go!
04-15-2014 08:25 PM
WPDAWG08 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UGA
Alcohol pickles the brain along with most other organs. It is a moot point anymore really. You holier than thou types should find a new crusade b/c mark my work pot will be legal in most states within 10 years. Money almost always trumps a religious/moral agenda from the Governments standpoint iirc. Look at how much cash it made Colorado in the first year! And when societal benefit far out weighs social cost it is a win win in most's eyes...
04-15-2014 08:34 PM
AngryAphid Offline
Arthropod of Truth

I Root For: Braves
(04-15-2014 08:34 PM)WPDAWG08 Wrote:  Alcohol pickles the brain along with most other organs. It is a moot point anymore really. You holier than thou types should find a new crusade b/c mark my work pot will be legal in most states within 10 years. Money almost always trumps a religious/moral agenda from the Governments standpoint iirc. Look at how much cash it made Colorado in the first year! And when societal benefit far out weighs social cost it is a win win in most's eyes...

To make it more realistic, I read your post with “dude” at the end of every sentence.
04-15-2014 08:44 PM
maximus Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
Re: RE: Marijuana Use Causes Brain Damage Confirmed
(04-15-2014 08:34 PM)WPDAWG08 Wrote:  Alcohol pickles the brain along with most other organs. It is a moot point anymore really. You holier than thou types should find a new crusade b/c mark my work pot will be legal in most states within 10 years. Money almost always trumps a religious/moral agenda from the Governments standpoint iirc. Look at how much cash it made Colorado in the first year! And when societal benefit far out weighs social cost it is a win win in most's eyes...

Huh?

Exactly what are you getting at?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
04-15-2014 09:00 PM
Advertisement

WPDAWG08 Offline
1st String

(04-15-2014 08:44 PM)AngryAphid Wrote:  

To make it more realistic, I read your post with “dude” at the end of every sentence.

Well I have not smoked pot in 8 years and really do not care for it myself you know this aphis. I know the stuff is a lot stronger than the stuff you were used to way back when before it was illegal.
04-15-2014 09:03 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
Which proves that anti government liberals of the 60's and 70's became pro government
intrusion fans later in life.
04-15-2014 09:13 PM
WPDAWG08 Offline
1st String

(04-15-2014 09:13 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  Which proves that anti government liberals of the 60's and 70's became pro government
intrusion fans later in life.

No Aphid smoked prior to the Marijuana tax act of 37.
04-15-2014 09:20 PM
SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America
Recreational drug use has no societal benefit. Not even the cash can offset the harm, especially to minors.
04-15-2014 09:23 PM
WPDAWG08 Offline
1st String

(04-15-2014 09:23 PM)SumOfAllFears Wrote:  Recreational drug use has no societal benefit. Not even the cash can offset the harm, especially to minors.

I disagree alcohol societally benefits us in that it helps us common folk forget about much our lives suck right now in this economy. And that has to count for something imo. I do agree it helps minors in now way, shape, or form.
04-15-2014 09:28 PM
Advertisement

SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America
(04-15-2014 09:28 PM)WPDAWG08 Wrote:  
(04-15-2014 09:23 PM)SumOfAllFears Wrote:  Recreational drug use has no societal benefit. Not even the cash can offset the harm, especially to minors.

I disagree alcohol societally benefits us in that it helps us common folk forget about much our lives suck right now in this economy. And that has to count for something imo. I do agree it helps minors in now way, shape, or form.

Pissed off mindless drunk people benefit society how?
04-15-2014 09:33 PM
mptnstr@44 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Nati Bearcats

How about instead of using drugs to escape your sucky life maybe you should consider making changes in your life to escape the suck permanently and for real? go back to school and get a degree, find a new job, penny pinch and stockpile your money, etc.

Or attend church, love your family and friends, rescue and care for a new pet from the SPCA, volunteer in your community and look to do good...there are positive ways to escape the suck that don't involve mind altering drugs or booze.

Crazy talk.
(This post was last modified: 04-15-2014 09:42 PM by mptnstr@44.)
04-15-2014 09:39 PM
UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators
If you can legally drink alcohol and smoke tobacco...I don't understand why you can't legally smoke, vaporize, consume marijuana.

I mean, it wouldn't be a "gateway drug" if you didn't have to go to a drug dealer to buy it...
04-15-2014 09:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
nomad2u2001 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
(04-15-2014 09:39 PM)mptnstr@44 Wrote:  

How about instead of using drugs to escape your sucky life maybe you should consider making changes in your life to escape the suck permanently and for real? go back to school and get a degree, find a new job, penny pinch and stockpile your money, etc.

Crazy talk.

Those are the rational things to do, but it is somewhat irrational to expect people to be rational.
04-15-2014 09:41 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
(04-15-2014 09:40 PM)UofMemphis Wrote:  If you can legally drink alcohol and smoke tobacco...I don't understand why you can't legally smoke, vaporize, consume marijuana.

I mean, it wouldn't be a "gateway drug" if you didn't have to go to a drug dealer to buy it...

Why not meth and heroin?
04-15-2014 09:44 PM
Advertisement

mptnstr@44 Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-15-2014 09:41 PM)nomad2u2001 Wrote:  

Crazy talk.

Those are the rational things to do, but it is somewhat irrational to expect people to be rational.

Probably. But I get so sick and tired of hearing people complain about their lives and yet do nothing for themselves to improve their lot.
04-15-2014 09:45 PM
nomad2u2001 Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-15-2014 09:40 PM)UofMemphis Wrote:  If you can legally drink alcohol and smoke tobacco...I don't understand why you can't legally smoke, vaporize, consume marijuana.

We need a cultural change in a way. Alcohol is legal, but excess use is somewhat glamorized in our culture. Just think about legal marijuana.

I'm concerned about it and I'm pro-legalization.
04-15-2014 09:45 PM
mptnstr@44 Offline
Hall of Famer

Crazy talk.

Stoned and irrational would be a troubling combination.
04-15-2014 09:46 PM
nomad2u2001 Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-15-2014 09:45 PM)mptnstr@44 Wrote:  

Crazy talk.

Probably. But I get so sick and tired of hearing people complain about their lives and yet do nothing for themselves to improve their lot.

It's not as easy as sitting on a message board and listing all of the right things to do.

Unless you've had it personally happen to you, you have no idea how hard it is to work yourself out of it.

The "right things to do" are generally those things a person won't think about until life gets even worse.
04-15-2014 09:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.