Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Aresco set to announce Orlando as permanent location for AAC football champ game
KNIGHTTIME Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: '17 Natty Champ
Aresco set to announce Orlando as permanent location for AAC football champ game
Mentioned the city, travel designation, etc. Looks like Citrus Bowl for the AAC championship starting in 2015-2022. Not sure how attendance would be if both Florida teams are locked out.
04-15-2014 08:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Chappy Offline
Resident Goonie

I Root For: ECU
RE: Aresco set to announce Orlando as permanent location for AAC football champ game
Bad idea to choose a neutral site in such a spread out conference. What if it's Houston vs Cincinnati? Not gonna be a good turnout.
04-15-2014 08:52 AM
NBPirate Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Georgetown
RE: Aresco set to announce Orlando as permanent location for AAC football champ game
Next step, move the conference HQ to Orlando. My god, what is going on recently.
04-15-2014 08:53 AM
NYCTUFan Offline
All American

I Root For: Temple
I have mixed feelings on this as well. Sure Orlando is great in late Nov / early Dec but will the schools travel enough fans to give a good showing for TV? If the fans do show up you run the risk of those being the fans who would have been traveling to a bowl game just a few weeks in the future and then attendance for that game can become an issue. For this one I would have leaned toward a home game for either of the 2 schools who made the championship game.
04-15-2014 08:57 AM
FrancisDrake Offline
1st String

I Root For: Piecesof8
My initial reaction is dumb, dumb, dumb. Game should be at the higher ranked team's house. Attendance is going to be putrid at a neutral site. Though, if Orlando is throwing good money at the conference and Aresco believe a neutral site game is a better "look" for the conference I guess I get it.
04-15-2014 09:00 AM
mac6115cd Offline
1st String

I Root For: Bearcats
UC fans travel well - we always buy out our allotment of bowl game tickets. Can't speak for the other teams.
04-15-2014 09:01 AM
Advertisement

Juan Tibonya Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
(04-15-2014 08:48 AM)KNIGHTTIME Wrote:  Mentioned the city, travel designation, etc. Looks like Citrus Bowl for the AAC championship starting in 2015-2022. Not sure how attendance would be if both Florida teams are locked out.

This would not be a good thing IMHO. I liked the CUSA method of having the game at one of the team's home field. It ensures attendance. It just makes sense.
04-15-2014 09:01 AM
NothingButKnight Offline
All American

I Root For: UCF, LSU
Horrible, horrible, horrible idea. It needs to be at the top-ranked team's home stadium.
04-15-2014 09:03 AM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

Wow really? I'd need to hear the financials of this deal, but on the surface I don't like the idea.
bearcatlawjd Offline
All American

I Root For: UC
If the money talks you play it in Orlando. Maybe he is betting on one of the Florida schools to play in the championship game every season? Orlando is becoming the home of the American.
NBPirate Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Georgetown
Aresco lives inside the Citrus Bowl
04-15-2014 09:04 AM
Advertisement

Knights_of_UCF Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF
If orlando is paying big money it makes sense. Gotta keep up with p5 anyway we can. Orlando is renovating the citrus dump and badly needs events. How much could they be paying though??

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App
04-15-2014 09:05 AM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

(04-15-2014 09:03 AM)bearcatlawjd Wrote:  If the money talks you play it in Orlando. Maybe he is betting on one of the Florida schools to play in the championship game every season? Orlando is becoming the home of the American.

That's a pretty foolish/risky bet if that's the plan. The ACC thought Miami-FSU would be playing every year in the ACC title game and put it in Florida and it look embarrassing. I'm fine with it if it's your first scenario, that they paid an amount of money that makes this an easy choice, but if it's the second that's not smart.
04-15-2014 09:06 AM
FTUKNIGHT74 Offline
Bench Warmer

Link?
NYCTUFan Offline
All American

I Root For: Temple
Wow, this is a gamble. I just took a look at a Citrus Bowl renovation article, the stadium is going to have 65,000 seats?

Wow, if a Florida school isn't in the mix that's going to put a lot of pressure on a lot of people to make a road trip to make that place look full.
Juan Tibonya Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
This is one of the reasons that the college playoff system is doomed. It still has the tie in with the bowl locations. Tell me what a financial burden it will be for a team to have to travel to two bowl games and a conference championship and have guaranteed ticket sales for all three games. If the playoffs were tied to one team's home field at least then we might do away with the "minimum ticket purchase" as the home team fans will gladly snatch those up.
Advertisement

b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

(04-15-2014 09:04 AM)NBPirate Wrote:  Aresco lives inside the Citrus Bowl

This would make more sense if maybe the Russel Athletic Bowl had kept the AAC as the champions bowl. Then it would make sense to want to help out the Citrus Bowl and the city of Orlando in any way possible. However, that bowl dropped us like a bad habit. Of course they did give us a great game against the Sun-Belt #4 so that's a fair trade off. 01-wingedeagle
04-15-2014 09:09 AM
Knights_of_UCF Offline
Heisman

Haven't heard anything about this. Doubt it's true.

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App
04-15-2014 09:12 AM
quo vadis Offline
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
(04-15-2014 08:52 AM)Chappy Wrote:  Bad idea to choose a neutral site in such a spread out conference. What if it's Houston vs Cincinnati? Not gonna be a good turnout.

Excellent point. 04-cheers
04-15-2014 09:12 AM
Pirate1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: ThePiratesofECU
Tampa and Orlamdo were a disaster and embarrassment for the ACC. This will give us a black eye.
04-15-2014 09:13 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.