Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Snowing in Chicago today, April 14th......
EagleRockCafe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Eagles
Snowing in Chicago today, April 14th......
[Image: 8shf.jpg]
04-14-2014 06:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
RE: Snowing in Chicago today, April 14th......
I'm in Roswell today and this morning it snowed.
04-14-2014 07:05 PM
oklalittledixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Oklahoma
There was a tad of snow mixed with rain for about 10 minutes here.
04-14-2014 07:17 PM
BleedsHuskieRed Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU

Donators
Per our local weather man this isn't unusual at all. Over 60% of years have snowfall on or after 4/14. Only something like 35% have measurable snowfall.
04-14-2014 07:24 PM
THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
It's that Global Warming Climate Change causing this and the only way to solve this is to redistribute America's wealth through a series of complex transactions called Carbon Credits. That will save the world.
04-14-2014 07:27 PM
EagleRockCafe Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-14-2014 07:27 PM)THE NC Herd Fan Wrote:  It's that Global Warming Climate Change causing this and the only way to solve this is to redistribute America's wealth through a series of complex transactions called Carbon Credits. That will save the world.

If you ever doubted the insanity of the Global Warming bunch...

Top Climate Change Alarmist Michael Mann: Global Warming An “Even Greater Existential Threat To Civilization” Than Nuclear Weapons…

[Image: 33agowp.jpg]

‘His ‘hockeystick graph’ became the defining symbol of man-made climate change – and made him a special target of the fossil-fuel lobby’

‘If you as a scientist share the stage with an industry-funded denier, you are implicitly telling the audience that these are two equally credible voices – and they’re not’

John Gibbons interviews Michael Mann [...]

JG: Conventional scientists tend to ‘stay out of the fight’ and can be critical of those who do engage. What shaped your decision to get into the fight?

MM: As a young scientist at the University of Virginia, I very much shared the viewpoint described, that somehow we scientists have to preserve our scientific purity, yet if you look back at a scientist like Einstein, he played a very profound role in the political discussion (on developing nuclear weapons). This is a different sort of threat, a threat the whole world is being subjected to by human-caused climate change, but an even greater existential threat to civilisation.

http://www.villagemagazine.ie/index.php/2014/04/5706/
04-14-2014 07:38 PM
Advertisement

EagleRockCafe Offline
Hall of Famer

More Global Warming insanity....

UN Climate Change Group: Only Way To Stop Global Warming Is To Give Up Meat, Coal, Oil, Economic Growth And National Sovereignty…

[Image: 30s9iew.jpg]

The United Nations (UN) has delivered its latest verdict on the measures necessary to save the world from global warming and the news is as grim as it is predictable and wearisomely familiar:

More regulation from “experts”, technocrats and bureaucrats at supranational organisations, such as the one whose initials begin with U and end with N.

More taxpayer subsidies for expensive, inefficient renewable energy.

More nuclear power (with shale gas used as a transitional fuel to replace coal).

The abandonment of fossil fuels.

Less meat consumption.

A single, globally-regulated price for carbon dioxide.

More local-government-enforced walking, cycling and public transportation.

More back-door wealth redistribution from the West to the developing world in the name of “sustainability”

All at a cost to the global economy of up to 3.7 per cent of GDP by 2030, provided we act now.

These are the recommendations of Working Group III of the Fifth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), due to be officially announced in Berlin on Monday.

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-Londo...ate-report
04-14-2014 07:42 PM
EagleRockCafe Offline
Hall of Famer

And yes even more Global Warming insanity from Lurch....

Kerry: How Could Anyone Doubt Global Warming When The “Science Is Unambiguous?”…

[Image: 23moi0g.jpg]

Secretary of State John Kerry on Sunday said a major United Nations report on climate change is a “wake-up call about global economic opportunity.”

“We’ve already had wake-up call after wake-up call about climate science,” Kerry said in a statement. “This report is a wake-up call about global economic opportunity we can seize today as we lead on climate change.”

The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) found that global emissions of greenhouse gasses have risen to unprecedented levels despite a growing number of policies to reduce climate change.

Emissions grew more quickly between 2000 and 2010 than in each of the three previous decades, researchers said in a report released Sunday.

Technology and changes in behavior, however, could limit the global mean temperature to two degrees Celsius above pre-industrial levels, according to the report, which said only major institutional and technological change will give a “better than even” chance that global warming will not exceed that threshold.

“We already know that climate science is unambiguous and that every year the world defers action, the costs only grow,” Kerry said. “But focusing only on grim realities misses promising realities staring us right in the face.”

Kerry added that the report makes it clear “we face an issue of global willpower, not capacity.”

http://thehill.com/blogs/e2-wire/e2-wire...l-economic
04-14-2014 07:50 PM
ODUsmitty Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
the proverbial cold day in hell.............
04-14-2014 09:17 PM
oklalittledixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Oklahoma
(04-14-2014 07:38 PM)EagleRockCafe Wrote:  
(04-14-2014 07:27 PM)THE NC Herd Fan Wrote:  It's that Global Warming Climate Change causing this and the only way to solve this is to redistribute America's wealth through a series of complex transactions called Carbon Credits. That will save the world.

Top Climate Change Alarmist Michael Mann: Global Warming An “Even Greater Existential Threat To Civilization” Than Nuclear Weapons…

‘His ‘hockeystick graph’ became the defining symbol of man-made climate change – and made him a special target of the fossil-fuel lobby’

‘If you as a scientist share the stage with an industry-funded denier, you are implicitly telling the audience that these are two equally credible voices – and they’re not’

JG: Conventional scientists tend to ‘stay out of the fight’ and can be critical of those who do engage. What shaped your decision to get into the fight?

MM: As a young scientist at the University of Virginia, I very much shared the viewpoint described, that somehow we scientists have to preserve our scientific purity, yet if you look back at a scientist like Einstein, he played a very profound role in the political discussion (on developing nuclear weapons). This is a different sort of threat, a threat the whole world is being subjected to by human-caused climate change, but an even greater existential threat to civilisation.

That guy just looks like a big Obama voter. Look at that stupid bald head and goatee that screams liberal *****.
04-14-2014 09:22 PM
chess Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU & Nebraska
After I took the children to school, I put fertilizer (weed and feed) on the grass as the snow started (just a flake here and there). After I finished, the snow started coming down and we have an inch or so. The roads are clean.

Ah, Chicago.
04-14-2014 10:31 PM
Advertisement

SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
(04-14-2014 06:59 PM)EagleRockCafe Wrote:  [Image: 8shf.jpg]

Global warming or Bush's fault.
04-14-2014 10:38 PM
Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

I Root For: The Underdog

04-14-2014 10:53 PM
GoApps70 Offline

I Root For: Appalachian St.
Guess this proves nothing, as usual.
04-14-2014 11:46 PM
ncbeta Offline
Suffering from trolliosis

I Root For: ECU

Anyone seen this gem? Had to watch it in undergrad...they do a pretty convincing job.
04-14-2014 11:51 PM
GoApps70 Offline

I Root For: Appalachian St.
Interesting trailer.
04-15-2014 12:02 AM
Advertisement

dmacfour Offline
All American

I Root For: Idaho Vandals
When someone says, "it's 107 in Seattle, global warming is real" I think they're stupid. When someone says, "it's snowing April, so much for global warming" I feel the same way.
(This post was last modified: 04-15-2014 03:08 AM by dmacfour.)
04-15-2014 02:58 AM
ncbeta Offline
Suffering from trolliosis

I Root For: ECU
(04-15-2014 02:58 AM)dmacfour Wrote:  When someone says, "it's 107 in Seattle, global warming is real" I think they're stupid. When someone says, "it's snowing April, so much for global warming" I feel the same way.

Yeah, isolated incidents don't really prove anything.

I really don't have a hard time buying that the earth is warming. Hell, average temperatures are up, ice cover is down, and glaciers are melting. But that's only since we've been recording. Scientists also say the earth was once a ball of boiling water and a giant snowball, so it wouldn't surprise me that it's will head back towards one of those directions. What I have a problem with is the varying degrees of man's involvement (which is huge), and the doomsdayers. These people are hell bent on changing the ways humans live. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for alternative energy sources, but let's use them with what we have. So as natural resources dwindle, it isn't a huge deal and we efficiently transition to a society that doesn't rely on oil.

I don't think clean air is necessarily a liberal or conservative thing. You hand someone a balloon filled with 25% coal fumes and 75% air surrounding the coal plant and a balloon filled with air from a Kansas wheat farm, and tell them to breathe one in, I think most people would choose the wheat farm. Really I get no benefit from oil other than burning fuel like a mad dog in my truck... if we could figure out how to use the sun/wind to create energy for cheap, well that's about as fiscally responsible/conservative as you can get as well as being a good steward of the environment-- God's gift to us.
(This post was last modified: 04-15-2014 03:48 AM by ncbeta.)
04-15-2014 03:46 AM
VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte

Looks like he's trying to sell a book. As with anything, just follow the money and you'll find people's true intentions. Same with carbon credits, etc.
04-15-2014 05:23 AM
EpicNiner Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Charlotte
(04-14-2014 07:24 PM)BleedsHuskieRed Wrote:  Per our local weather man this isn't unusual at all. Over 60% of years have snowfall on or after 4/14. Only something like 35% have measurable snowfall.

I lived in Madison, WI for a little bit a few years ago. Had family come visit in late April because I foolishly thought the weather would be good at that point. It snowed 2 to 3 inches the first day they arrived.
04-15-2014 07:18 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.