Quirky Nuggets of the 2014 College Footbal Schedules
04-11-2014 08:35 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

cartershaw Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU, UT
RE: Quirky Nuggets of the 2014 College Footbal Schedules
Texas Tech has already sold a school record 34,100 season tickets, and is on track to sell out the entire stadium for the season. The Red Raider faithful is obviously enthused about the direction of the program under Kliff Kingsbury, but the home schedule also deserves a chunk of credit.
04-11-2014 09:03 AM
cartershaw Offline
All American

After hosting Nicholls State on Sept. 6, Arkansas faces a grand total of one non-bowl team the rest of the season. The Razorbacks get Texas Tech, Northern Illinois, Texas A&M, Alabama and Georgia, a one-week breather against UAB on Oct. 25, then close with Mississippi State, LSU, Ole Miss and Missouri. By the way, Arkansas opens the season at Auburn.
04-11-2014 09:03 AM
Advertisement

cartershaw Offline
All American

A handful of MAC teams do not play a single Saturday game in the month of November: Bowling Green, Buffalo, Northern Illinois and Toledo.

Thanks to MACtion, we will be blessed with live football on television every night from Thursday, Oct. 30 through Monday, Dec. 1 except for Nov. 26, the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. Thirty-two out of 33 ain't bad.
04-11-2014 09:05 AM
Policiious Offline
All American

I Root For: NU, NIU
(04-11-2014 09:03 AM)cartershaw Wrote:  After hosting Nicholls State on Sept. 6, Arkansas faces a grand total of one non-bowl team the rest of the season. The Razorbacks get Texas Tech, Northern Illinois, Texas A&M, Alabama and Georgia, a one-week breather against UAB on Oct. 25, then close with Mississippi State, LSU, Ole Miss and Missouri. By the way, Arkansas opens the season at Auburn.

Which is why I have stated that NIU's schedule is pretty sweet. After Auburn Arky has Nicholls then at Texas Tech, then NIU followed by A&M on the road and Alabama at home. If the Huskies play smart they can trap Arky on 9/20
04-11-2014 09:53 PM
Advertisement

HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU
(04-11-2014 09:53 PM)Policiious Wrote:  
(04-11-2014 09:03 AM)cartershaw Wrote:  After hosting Nicholls State on Sept. 6, Arkansas faces a grand total of one non-bowl team the rest of the season. The Razorbacks get Texas Tech, Northern Illinois, Texas A&M, Alabama and Georgia, a one-week breather against UAB on Oct. 25, then close with Mississippi State, LSU, Ole Miss and Missouri. By the way, Arkansas opens the season at Auburn.

Which is why I have stated that NIU's schedule is pretty sweet. After Auburn Arky has Nicholls then at Texas Tech, then NIU followed by A&M on the road and Alabama at home. If the Huskies play smart they can trap Arky on 9/20

That game vs TX A&M is in Jerry's World so even more of a look forward to for them.

One other thing that would help NIU is if Arky beats TT the week before so they are not pissed off going into our game.

Personally, I have zero expectations for this game other than the paycheck and it being on Watch ESPN
04-13-2014 07:00 AM
randyfensfanclub1 Offline
All American

(04-11-2014 09:03 AM)cartershaw Wrote:  Texas Tech has already sold a school record 34,100 season tickets, and is on track to sell out the entire stadium for the season. The Red Raider faithful is obviously enthused about the direction of the program under Kliff Kingsbury, but the home schedule also deserves a chunk of credit.

250k in Lubbock. When the next closest thing to civilization in 4+ hrs away, it's gonna be HS football on Friday and Tech on Saturday for residents of Lubbock and every hick town around. Ain't much else to do, other than shoot animals (many at night) and cruise around in your pickup with someone in the back being dragged in a cage like the John Mellancamp movie, though I think they are more into being dragged from the tailgate of the pickup w/ no cage, as I have been told by some Red Raiders. But winning and a coach theylike (they still love Leach, hated Tuberville who couldn't find a way out fast enough) will do it.
04-13-2014 08:15 PM
Advertisement

Huskie_Jon Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Huskies
Quote:13. And then there's poor Central Michigan, the only MAC team to play every one of its conference games on a Saturday.

So why is that supposed to draw my sympathy?
04-14-2014 12:33 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
timxlydon Offline
Left Hand Path

(04-14-2014 12:33 PM)Huskie_Jon Wrote:  
Quote:13. And then there's poor Central Michigan, the only MAC team to play every one of its conference games on a Saturday.

They don't to be involved in the pinnacle of college football that is MACtion!
04-14-2014 12:46 PM
Advertisement

Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Donators
(04-14-2014 12:46 PM)timxlydon Wrote:  

Yeah, poor CMU! Their fans don't get to freeze their asses off on a frigid November weeknight with bone-rattling wind chills. That's enough to draw my sympathy!
04-14-2014 01:04 PM
CMichFan Offline

I Root For: CMU

Crappies
(04-14-2014 01:04 PM)Dog Fan Wrote:  
(04-14-2014 12:46 PM)timxlydon Wrote:  

Yeah, poor CMU! Their fans don't get to freeze their asses off on a frigid November weeknight with bone-rattling wind chills. That's enough to draw my sympathy!

Finally, no day-after-Thanksgiving attendance killer this season! 03-cloud9
04-15-2014 01:50 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.