Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

TV Ratings for UCONN Women Championship Game
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCONN
TV Ratings for UCONN Women Championship Game
Highest since 2004

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/04...Numbers%29

Hartford/New Haven led all markets for the telecast with a 29.3 rating, making it the market’s highest overnight for a program on cable in 2014. Nashville was the second highest-rated market with a 6.8 followed by Knoxville (6.0), Louisville (5.5), Indianapolis (4.8), Raleigh-Durham (4.7), Providence (4.6), New York (4.6), Memphis (4.5) and Greenville (4.5).

It did real well in New England, New York, and Connecticut. This further establishes UCONN as New England/New York's team. Also, I am very surprised about Greenville. Our ECU friends really helped there. It also did real well in Louisville and Memphis as well.

What does this mean? The women's final between Notre Dame & UConn was watched by more people than every single bball game involving a Big East team this year.
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2014 01:07 PM by SF Husky.)
04-10-2014 12:49 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

indydoug Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Cincinnati
RE: TV Ratings for UCONN Women Championship Game
(04-10-2014 12:49 PM)SF Husky Wrote:  Highest since 2004

What does this mean? The women's final between Notre Dame & UConn was watched by more people than every single bball game involving a Big East team this year.

That is a devasting sentence for the near future of the BE as presently configured. I would imagine that AAC recruiters might mention that to recruits out on the ole' recruiting trail....
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2014 01:17 PM by indydoug.)
04-10-2014 01:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dasville Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UofL

Hartford/New Haven led all markets for the telecast with a 29.3 rating, making it the market’s highest overnight for a program on cable in 2014. Nashville was the second highest-rated market with a 6.8 followed by Knoxville (6.0), Louisville (5.5), Indianapolis (4.8), Raleigh-Durham (4.7), Providence (4.6), New York (4.6), Memphis (4.5) and Greenville (4.5).

It did real well in New England, New York, and Connecticut. This further establishes UCONN as New England/New York's team. Also, I am very surprised about Greenville. Our ECU friends really helped there. It also did real well in Louisville and Memphis as well.

Part of me wishes that UConn would move to the BE just to see the difference between ESPN and FS1. How are the BE teams ratings this year on FS1 compared to when they played on ESPN last year against similar opponents? That would be telling.
04-10-2014 01:17 PM
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

As a FYI, RU hasn't register anything that high in NY since 2006.
04-10-2014 01:27 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-10-2014 01:17 PM)Dasville Wrote:  

Part of me wishes that UConn would move to the BE just to see the difference between ESPN and FS1. How are the BE teams ratings this year on FS1 compared to when they played on ESPN last year against similar opponents? That would be telling.

FS1 certainly did no favors for the BE. On top it, they lost all of their top draws (UCONN, SU, ND etc.). It will take a few years for people to be aware of FS1. Would a brand like UCONN help FS1? Certainly but we will never know.
04-10-2014 01:28 PM
Piratelife4me Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ECU
Were glad Uconn is doing well. Me personally the biggest reason I wanted Uconn to win was the idea of hosting the national champ.(exspecially mens bball) I know if Uconn is playing @ECU, it will take away attention from tobacco road well at least depending on the match up(as long as the big 4 are not playing each other). I'm sure Uconn vs ECU would take local eye balls away from lets say a WF vs BC game at the same time or a NCSU vs GT(MIA)ect..

Ive seen some post saying ECU fans are taking credit for Uconns accomplishments, which I don't believe to be the case. Everyone is excited to play against premier team(s) that will help our basketball team grow.

Congrats Uconn, and Im sure that Raleigh number also had a lot to do with ECU fans.
04-10-2014 01:57 PM
PirateMarv Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-10-2014 01:57 PM)Piratelife4me Wrote:  ... I know if Uconn is playing @ECU, it will take away attention from tobacco road well at least depending on the match up(as long as the big 4 are not playing each other). I'm sure Uconn vs ECU would take local eye balls away from lets say a WF vs BC game at the same time or a NCSU vs GT(MIA)...

That is what is going to eventually cause the ACC to invite UConn. It is not going to go over well to have the defending national champion coming down into the heart of ACC country to play ECU. That might take eyes off of the ACC and make the AAC look like a nice alternative league, which is why the ACC hated the BE to begin with.
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2014 02:28 PM by PirateMarv.)
04-10-2014 02:27 PM
Advertisement

bearcatlawjd Offline
All American

I Root For: UC
(04-10-2014 01:17 PM)Dasville Wrote:  

FS1 did ok when Michigan State, Kentucky, Syracuse and Cincinnati among other name brands played Big East schools. Not great but better than there usual rating.
04-10-2014 03:00 PM
Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
(04-10-2014 12:49 PM)SF Husky Wrote:  The women's final between Notre Dame & UConn was watched by more people than every single bball game involving a Big East team this year.
Granted, the game was for the National Championship. And granted, the opponent was Notre Dame.

But still, that really puts things in perspective.
04-10-2014 03:06 PM
CalallenStang Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: SMU Mustangs
Is that Greenville, NC or Greenville, SC?
04-10-2014 03:10 PM
Advertisement

upstater1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UConn
More people watched the women's game in NYC than watched the men's game in the Louisville market (men's highest market nationally).

NYC market 23m x 4.6
Louisville 1.2m x 45
04-12-2014 10:05 AM
Tiger1983 Offline
BBA

I Root For: Tigers - GTG!

DonatorsDonatorsDonators

The men's NC ratings also included Memphis, Nashville, and Knoxville in the top 10. Arguably, Memphis is "Hoop City" (ie, intense rooting interest in city HS, college and pro teams) and the State of Tennessee is "College Hoops State".
04-12-2014 10:13 AM
ECMAN79 Offline
All American

(04-10-2014 03:10 PM)CalallenStang Wrote:  Is that Greenville, NC or Greenville, SC?

South Carolina. the listings are typically for the top 68 media markets..which are all "metered markets"....

though I appreciate the OP giving us credit 02-13-banana
04-12-2014 04:46 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.