Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Please come back,,...
Pirate1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: ThePiratesofECU
Please come back,,...
The comment down at the bottom, priceless.

Baby Please come back,
04-09-2014 05:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

I Root For: ECU
RE: Please come back,,...
What a funny read that was.
04-09-2014 05:54 PM
bearcatlawjd Offline
All American

I Root For: UC
UConn is going to give up their tournament credits, exit fee revenue, college football playoff revenue and any chance of joining a power five conference just so they can double their TV contract and play on FS1 with the C7 plus three. That sounds like a good idea!!! Maybe Cincinnati can join them too!!! Heck if they can get Temple and UMass to join them then they would have an awesome basketball conference!!!

Its funny sometimes how those in the media have no idea how college sports and realignment works.
04-09-2014 05:59 PM
gostangs Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
plus there is very high likelihood that our counteract goes up anyway by staying put. Watch and learn.
04-09-2014 06:00 PM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

(04-09-2014 05:59 PM)bearcatlawjd Wrote:  UConn is going to give up their tournament credits, exit fee revenue, college football playoff revenue and any chance of joining a power five conference just so they can double their TV contract and play on FS1 with the C7 plus three. That sounds like a good idea!!! Maybe Cincinnati can join them too!!! Heck if they can get Temple and UMass to join them then they would have an awesome basketball conference!!!

Its funny sometimes how those in the media have no idea how college sports and realignment works.

When you put it that way why would they stay? 03-lmfao
04-09-2014 06:02 PM
quo vadis Offline
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
As a Georgetown fan I missed not competing against UConn this past year as we had for more than 30 years, and I always will. They were great conference mates.

But, it makes zero sense for them to join the Big East. Football does rule the roost, and the Big East is defined by its absence of football, so the Big East is the last place UConn should consider leaving the AAC for.
04-09-2014 06:29 PM
Advertisement

otown Offline
All American

I Root For: Florida
(04-09-2014 06:29 PM)quo vadis Wrote:  As a Georgetown fan I missed not competing against UConn this past year as we had for more than 30 years, and I always will. They were great conference mates.

But, it makes zero sense for them to join the Big East. Football does rule the roost, and the Big East is defined by its absence of football, so the Big East is the last place UConn should consider leaving the AAC for.

wow..... i actually agree with you 02-13-banana
04-09-2014 06:35 PM
HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

I Root For: UCONN
(04-09-2014 06:29 PM)quo vadis Wrote:  As a Georgetown fan I missed not competing against UConn this past year as we had for more than 30 years, and I always will. They were great conference mates.

I think UCONN's been talking with Nova and Georgetown about some OOC games.

I agree that both sides miss playing, but UCONN is where they need to be.
(This post was last modified: 04-09-2014 06:52 PM by HuskyU.)
04-09-2014 06:51 PM
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Shows you how clueless some writers are.
04-09-2014 06:54 PM
quo vadis Offline
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
(04-09-2014 06:51 PM)HuskyU Wrote:  

That would be awesome. 04-cheers
04-09-2014 06:56 PM
freshtop Offline
All American

I Root For: WKU
(04-09-2014 06:56 PM)quo vadis Wrote:  
(04-09-2014 06:51 PM)HuskyU Wrote:  

That would be awesome. 04-cheers

This article has it backwards, UConn just proved it doesn't need the Big East by winning it all. The Big East needs UConn because they are worried about losing relevance. I'd say you guys have it right. UConn can schedule some OOC games with teams they care to keep playing, but that is about the extent of things.
04-09-2014 07:10 PM
Advertisement

ECUPirated Offline
NAPALMINATOR

I Root For: American Rising
[Image: 984028_817884388239572_6794799196052181985_n.jpg]
04-09-2014 07:11 PM
mike012779 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Uconn
Unfortunately there are radicals on the uconn boards that suggested this daily. I don't see the point myself as I think we can get gtown and Nova ooc. If they played the nectarine Who is responsible for the last big east mess they would play us.
04-09-2014 07:13 PM
AGuyIn_Water Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UCF
This idea is as absurd as it seems. UConn already has a great exposure in AAC for Basketball. Plus AAC football is great. AAC basketball is already better than Big East even without Louisville. SMU, UConn, Houston, Cincy and Memphis. We are way better than Big East. Plus UCF and USF could be a power sometime soon with the right decision.

This article has no credibility.
04-09-2014 07:14 PM
JDTulane Online
Sazeracs and Retirement

I Root For: Peace
What a terrible article. If I were the site's sports editor (doubt they have one having read that) I would have politely handed that essay and a pink slip back to the writer.
04-09-2014 07:21 PM
rednblackattack Offline
1st String

I Root For: UofL
(04-09-2014 07:14 PM)AGuyIn_Water Wrote:  This idea is as absurd as it seems. UConn already has a great exposure in AAC for Basketball. Plus AAC football is great. AAC basketball is already better than Big East even without Louisville. SMU, UConn, Houston, Cincy and Memphis. We are way better than Big East. Plus UCF and USF could be a power sometime soon with the right decision.

Creighton, Xavier, Georgetown, Marquette, Villanova, Providence aren't too shabby. Marquette and GTown will not be down long. The Big East will be just fine
04-09-2014 07:21 PM
Advertisement

otown Offline
All American

I Root For: Florida
The money will be so much better with the aac. The next BE contract is gonna take a dive if their ratings keep up.
04-09-2014 07:32 PM
mike012779 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Uconn
(04-09-2014 07:21 PM)rednblackattack Wrote:  
(04-09-2014 07:14 PM)AGuyIn_Water. Wrote:  This idea is as absurd as it seems. UConn already has a great exposure in AAC for Basketball. Plus AAC football is great. AAC basketball is already better than Big East even without Louisville. SMU, UConn, Houston, Cincy and Memphis. We are way better than Big East. Plus UCF and USF could be a power sometime soon with the right decision.

Creighton, Xavier, Georgetown, Marquette, Villanova, Providence aren't too shabby. Marquette and GTown will not be down long. The Big East will be just fine

True but I don't think those teams would turn down a home and home with uconn either. I would be interested in a couple Old BE opponents a year
04-09-2014 07:33 PM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

My favorite part of that joke article was the talk that being in the Big East would get you on national TV every game, when UCONN already was on national TV every game and on networks that dwarfed the ratings of FS1.
04-09-2014 07:38 PM
tnzazz Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers!
Please come back,,...
Haha.....I thought that article was joking. Someone needs to do some homework.
04-09-2014 07:41 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.