Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

IRS plot thickens?
CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

I Root For: Cajuns
IRS plot thickens?
Darrell Issa says emails suggest Elijah Cummings prompted IRS targeting of True the Vote

House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Chairman Darrell Issa, R-Calif., has accused the panel's top Democrat of prompting the Internal Revenue Service in 2012 to target a conservative organization applying for non-profit status.

Issa said records obtained last week from the IRS show communications from the office of ranking member Rep. Elijah Cummings, D-Md., about True the Vote, a Texas-based, non-profit conservative group that aims to prevent voter fraud.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/issa-says-...le/2547007

Was that phat phuck knee-pad-wearing administration apologist possiby up to no good? Say it ain't so.
04-09-2014 05:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
RE: IRS plot thickens?
Issa is a racist
04-09-2014 05:20 PM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
Interesting. Cummings sure did seem to have an interest in all this going away as quickly as possible.

We shall see.

Not a smidgen. Period. 03-lmfao
04-09-2014 05:26 PM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
That would be too much!
04-09-2014 05:29 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
No wonder Cummings is all crazy, dude is corrupt.
04-09-2014 05:34 PM
WoodlandsOwl Offline
Up in the Woods

I Root For: Rice Owls
New Orleans Bowl
Republicans take the Senate in November and you will have at least Joint. Congressional Investigative Committees on Lerner etc and Benghazi.

Bet Harry Reid reinstates the 60 Vote Filibuster before then.
04-09-2014 05:36 PM
Advertisement

smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
Whatever happens to Lerner should happen to Cummings.
04-09-2014 07:39 PM
THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
This could end up being as damaging for the dimocrats as Watergate was for the Republicans.
04-09-2014 07:41 PM
Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

I Root For: The Underdog
And somehow Issa thinks what he did, sick the IRS on a group he did not like, is kosher...

Libs can you not see why we don't trust government?
04-09-2014 08:00 PM
CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

(04-09-2014 07:41 PM)THE NC Herd Fan Wrote:  This could end up being as damaging for the dimocrats as Watergate was for the Republicans.

I don't recall which talking head it was, might have been Krauthammer, said basically the same. A cluster fark like Benghazi can happen due to layers and layers of gubmint ineptitude and people will often shrug their shoulders, say, "shyte happens", and move on.

But using the IRS against your political opponents? Everyone, regardless of political beliefs, knows the sinking feeling when one extracts a letter from the mail box and the return addy prominently displays, Internal Revenue Service.

No one of any political stripe wants to think that their political adversaries will hound them with the likes of the IRS.
04-09-2014 09:50 PM
Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

Toms too busy prying into the bedrooms of GOP reps to care about this..
04-09-2014 10:40 PM
Advertisement

DaSaintFan Offline
Dum' Sutherner in Midwest!

I Root For: Southern Miss
Cummings could get up to 5 years in prison:

Quote: Whoever, with intent to avoid, evade, prevent, or obstruct compliance, in whole or in part, with any civil investigative demand duly and properly made under the Antitrust Civil Process Act, willfully withholds, misrepresents, removes from any place, conceals, covers up, destroys, mutilates, alters, or by other means falsifies any documentary material, answers to written interrogatories, or oral testimony, which is the subject of such demand; or attempts to do so or solicits another to do so; or

Whoever corruptly, or by threats or force, or by any threatening letter or communication influences, obstructs, or impedes or endeavors to influence, obstruct, or impede the due and proper administration of the law under which any pending proceeding is being had before any department or agency of the United States, or the due and proper exercise of the power of inquiry under which any inquiry or investigation is being had by either House, or any committee of either House or any joint committee of the Congress—

Shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than 5 years or, if the offense involves international or domestic terrorism (as defined in section 2331), imprisoned not more than 8 years, or both.
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2014 04:44 AM by DaSaintFan.)
04-10-2014 04:43 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Machiavelli Offline
Back to Reality. Oh there goes Gravity

I Root For: BGSU
Sooooooooooooooo.

We know that Issa can gin up restlessness amongst the spin room crowd. We've had threads on F&F, Benghazi, IRS shenanigans but nothing ever comes to fruition????? Why do you think that is????????

The Librul media?????????

This ISSA guy teases you more than a 11th grade virgin.

When will you guys start asking for results? Do you even care? Somewhere, sometime results have to start mattering to this revolving circus. It's a constant and I do mean constant stream of throwing crap at a wall and seeing what sticks. If it wasn't for the spin room I wouldn't hear any of this. The conservative megaphone is broken. Too many carnival barkers. Too many instances of crying wolf. We shall see.
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2014 07:47 AM by Machiavelli.)
04-10-2014 07:46 AM
QuestionSocratic Offline
Banned

I Root For: Buffalo
(04-10-2014 07:46 AM)Machiavelli Wrote:  Sooooooooooooooo.

We know that Issa can gin up restlessness amongst the spin room crowd. We've had threads on F&F, Benghazi, IRS shenanigans but nothing ever comes to fruition????? Why do you think that is????????

When will you guys start asking for results? Do you even care? Somewhere, sometime results have to start mattering to this revolving circus. It's a constant and I do mean constant stream of throwing crap at a wall and seeing what sticks. If it wasn't for the spin room I wouldn't hear any of this. The conservative megaphone is broken. Too many carnival barkers. Too many instances of crying wolf. We shall see.

Congress has been asking the IRS for results in the form of information on activities and they have been greeted with obfuscation. Therefore, they must carry on.

Your post is banal but I can match it with one of my own: if Lerner has nothing to hide, why did she take the fifth?
04-10-2014 07:51 AM
Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
If you murder your wife and you're the judge, jury and executor, what is ever going to happen.
04-10-2014 07:53 AM
CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

(04-10-2014 07:51 AM)QuestionSocratic Wrote:  

Congress has been asking the IRS for results in the form of information on activities and they have been greeted with obfuscation. Therefore, they must carry on.

Your post is banal but I can match it with one of my own: if Lerner has nothing to hide, why did she take the fifth?

Indeed. The same IRS that illegally shared private taxpayer informaton for political purposes is dragging its heels responding to Congressional requests for documents because it doesn't want to break the law by sharing private taxpayer information.
04-10-2014 09:56 AM
Advertisement

Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

Nothing to say about the content of what was found.... I'm shocked...07-coffee3
04-10-2014 12:45 PM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
The fact that some people aren't concerned over the integrity of the system shows how small some folks are. Regardless of the party etc if there is even a suspicion that the very foundation of the system is being abused it needs to be completely investigated in a bipartisan manner.
04-10-2014 12:54 PM
Crebman Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(04-10-2014 12:54 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  The fact that some people aren't concerned over the integrity of the system shows how small some folks are. Regardless of the party etc if there is even a suspicion that the very foundation of the system is being abused it needs to be completely investigated in a bipartisan manner.

This!!! You lefties need to remember that the pendulum does swing. You want some Republican in office like a Nixon after we've allowed this crap to go on.

We can't allow those in government to use agencies of the government to trample on the rights of citizens - and I don't care what party is currently in power.

It's not like the Federal government doesn't have too much power as it is - it's foolish to turn a blind eye to it because next time it might be you.
04-10-2014 01:06 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
Move along...

Quote:In his response, Cummings said the GOP has falsely accused him of wrongly contacting the IRS about True the Vote. Cummings said in the letter that he has publicly stated his interest in finding more about True the Vote, which supports voter ID laws that Cummings opposes.

Cummings said in his letter that his inquiries were appropriate and did not violate any rules. His requests, Cummings added, were for publicly available information.

One request, Cummings said, was to gather information about True the Vote's $5,000 donation to the Republican State Leadership Committee, a move that suggested partisan and political motives.

Cummings said the letter from Issa and others Republicans is "a desperate attempt to shift the focus on tomorrow's contempt vote away from the serious Constitutional deficiencies in these proceedings."

I love it that you fools keep falling for Issa and his stunts...none of which, after 5 years, have produced anything meaningful except waste your money.
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2014 01:11 PM by Redwingtom.)
04-10-2014 01:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.