Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The AAC
Bookmark and Share
Duke Dawg Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison
The AAC
remember a few months ago when some people on here said the AAC was not any better than MAC/CUSA/SB?...and a couple said it might be worse?

Men's and women's basketball champion is in the AAC.

AAC >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> MAC/CUSA/SB
04-09-2014 08:26 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Longhorn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: JMU
RE: The AAC
(04-09-2014 08:26 AM)Duke Dawg Wrote:  remember a few months ago when some people on here said the AAC was not any better than MAC/CUSA/SB?...and a couple said it might be worse?

No, what it means is UConn >>> SEC, Big East, Big XII, ACC, Big X, PAC X, MAC. CUSA,SB in basketball

Edit: And I forgot to throw in better than the A10 too.
(This post was last modified: 04-09-2014 08:39 AM by Longhorn.)
04-09-2014 08:38 AM
JMU2004 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: DUKES
and I still think UConn will find another home within 18 months. Same for Cincy.
04-09-2014 08:39 AM
JMU08 Offline
1st String

(04-09-2014 08:26 AM)Duke Dawg Wrote:  remember a few months ago when some people on here said the AAC was not any better than MAC/CUSA/SB?...and a couple said it might be worse?

You seem to forget another equation.

Football >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> MBB + WBB
04-09-2014 08:40 AM
Duke Dawg Offline
Heisman

see what I mean.
04-09-2014 08:47 AM
All Dukes_All Day Offline
All American

I Root For: JMU, Pitt
Yeah, UCONN winning doesn't mean the AAC is better, just that UCONN is better. I think the AAC is certainly better than the MAC/C-USA/Sun Belt combo and even the MWC right now, but if UCONN and Cincy leave, I think it is relegated to below the MWC and only a little ahead of MAC/C-USA/Sun Belt.
04-09-2014 08:50 AM
Advertisement

PhillyDuke Offline
Special Teams

Anyone who says the MAC is better than the AAC is crazy.

From a pure basketball standpoint, I thought the AAC was extremely underrated all year. Given the pedigree of the teams I am not sure why that was. Related, I thought the Big East was terribly overrated all year and this played out in a big way in the tournament.
04-09-2014 09:15 AM
brizzock Offline
Galactic Overlord

The AAC
(04-09-2014 08:38 AM)Longhorn Wrote:  

No, what it means is UConn >>> SEC, Big East, Big XII, ACC, Big X, PAC X, MAC. CUSA,SB in basketball

Edit: And I forgot to throw in better than the A10 too.

Agreed. This was UCONN's revenge. They'll be gone soon enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
04-09-2014 09:19 AM
DaBigBlue Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ODU
If Wichita St had won the whole thing, you wouldn't say the MVC is better than all the P5. Same holds for UConn, they seem like a better fit into a P5 conf. They're a better fit than many of the other P5 schools (BC, Rugters). They bring in so much NCAA money, one of the P5s will pick them up.

UConn and maybe Cincinnati, moving will start the next wave of conference movement. It starts at the top and works it's way down the food chain.
04-09-2014 09:43 AM
Duke Dawg Offline
Heisman

maybe i should change this from "some" people to "many" people.

anyone who thinks the AAC and the rest of those leagues are close are just blinded by homerism.

UConn
Cincy
Memphis

those 3 alone are light years ahead of anyone in the other leagues in attention and revenue they bring to their school. football. basketball. it doesn't matter. more people know UConn, Cincy and Memphis hoops than So Miss football.

And by the way, SMU is in many people's top 15 for next season in hoops.

you can bring up football all you want, but i don't see the MAC/CUSA/SB getting more TV money than the AAC. I don't see them getting Top 25 teams in football.

Having national champions in the 2nd and 3rd most popular collegiate sports trumps anything football brings. Especially when football does not bring those other leagues anything close to winning titles.
(This post was last modified: 04-09-2014 10:00 AM by Duke Dawg.)
04-09-2014 09:59 AM
Dukes84 Offline
All American

SMU and UConn are both top 25 teams next season, it would seem and Cincy is usually always very solid. I've seen the first two teams at least in next year's early version of top 25.
04-09-2014 10:00 AM
Advertisement

JMaddy Offline
All American

(04-09-2014 09:59 AM)Duke Dawg Wrote:  maybe i should change this from "some" people to "many" people.

anyone who thinks the AAC and the rest of those leagues are close are just blinded by homerism.

UConn
Cincy
Memphis

those 3 alone are light years ahead of anyone in the other leagues in attention and revenue they bring to their school. football. basketball. it doesn't matter. more people know UConn, Cincy and Memphis hoops than So Miss football.

And by the way, SMU is in many people's top 15 for next season in hoops.

you can bring up football all you want, but i don't see the MAC/CUSA/SB getting more TV money than the AAC. I don't see them getting Top 25 teams in football.

Having national champions in the 2nd and 3rd most popular collegiate sports trumps anything football brings. Especially when football does not bring those other leagues anything close to winning titles.

I would agree, a 10-3 maybe a 9-4 AAC team has a chance of being ranked in the final polls, I wouldn't think so for a MAC/CUSA or SBC team.
04-09-2014 10:35 AM
DoubleDDuke Offline
Heisman

I don't understand why you're having such a difficult time understanding that UConn and Cincy will not be in that league in the near future.
04-09-2014 12:43 PM
Cyniclone Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-09-2014 12:43 PM)DoubleDDuke Wrote:  I don't understand why you're having such a difficult time understanding that UConn and Cincy will not be in that league in the near future.

Because nobody's going to take them. Not for a long time, at least. The ACC has repeatedly passed over UConn in favor of every former Big East school they've added, from BC to Louisville. At 14 schools and Notre Dame getting most favored nation status, there's no benefit in expansion.

Big 12 isn't likely to look at UConn unless they make a massive expansion move, like to 14 or 16. And that's not likely. Cincinnati is a somewhat more likely option, but they seem pretty set at 10. If they do expand, my guess is they'd either go Cincy/BYU or UCF/USF, hoping to make inroads into Florida. Yeah, it's unwieldly, but if they cared that much about a compact footprint, West Virginia never would have seen the light of day.

Perhaps Cincy and UConn's athletic departments would fellate a pack of rabid silverbacks to get a spot in a P5 conference, but there's no room at the inn, so they might as well set out to make the American as good as it possibly can.
04-09-2014 01:46 PM
HolyCityDuke Offline
All American

I Root For: Duke Doge
(04-09-2014 01:46 PM)Cyniclone Wrote:  
(04-09-2014 12:43 PM)DoubleDDuke Wrote:  I don't understand why you're having such a difficult time understanding that UConn and Cincy will not be in that league in the near future.

Because nobody's going to take them. Not for a long time, at least. The ACC has repeatedly passed over UConn in favor of every former Big East school they've added, from BC to Louisville. At 14 schools and Notre Dame getting most favored nation status, there's no benefit in expansion.

Big 12 isn't likely to look at UConn unless they make a massive expansion move, like to 14 or 16. And that's not likely. Cincinnati is a somewhat more likely option, but they seem pretty set at 10. If they do expand, my guess is they'd either go Cincy/BYU or UCF/USF, hoping to make inroads into Florida. Yeah, it's unwieldly, but if they cared that much about a compact footprint, West Virginia never would have seen the light of day.

Perhaps Cincy and UConn's athletic departments would fellate a pack of rabid silverbacks to get a spot in a P5 conference, but there's no room at the inn, so they might as well set out to make the American as good as it possibly can.

UConn is being blocked by BC.
04-09-2014 01:50 PM
DaBigBlue Offline
Heisman

UConn Lady Huskies draws 14K vs BC men's team that draws 4K. I would kickout BC and take UConn.

Why are some so down on UConn, is it FB. They're much better at getting into the NY market, they own MSG.
04-09-2014 03:33 PM
Advertisement

FBM2014 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: JMUDukes
(04-09-2014 03:33 PM)DaBigBlue Wrote:  UConn Lady Huskies draws 14K vs BC men's team that draws 4K. I would kickout BC and take UConn.

Why are some so down on UConn, is it FB. They're much better at getting into the NY market, they own MSG.

I think their football team is shaky. They have not been very good the last couple years but they do have national brand recognition. Still think it's because of basketball though.
04-09-2014 03:39 PM
DoubleDDuke Offline
Heisman

I understand what you're saying about there being no room at the inn but at some point when you win the NC in both men's and women's hoops, you're just going to kick the door in and take somebody's room.
04-09-2014 04:44 PM
jmusuperfan Offline
All American

The AAC
Or they make their own game, stay in AAC and grow to be on par with other conferences. AAC has already made major strides. Playoff will expand beyond 4 too
04-09-2014 05:28 PM
jmusuperfan Offline
All American

The AAC
They already won BCS game and NC in bball
04-09-2014 05:28 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.