Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The ACA success just keeps rolling....
tigertom Offline
"Illegitimus Non Tatum Carborundum"

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Donators
The ACA success just keeps rolling....
... over those that were happy and protected with their health care.

"We have to pass it so we can see what's in it".... the most idiotic statement probably ever said by a California politician.

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/201..._kids.html

On the other coast, they don't think she's so smart.
04-08-2014 07:46 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

EagleX Offline
Wake me when the suck is over

I Root For: Southern Miss
RE: The ACA success just keeps rolling....
that plan sucked. now, those six year old boys have covered pap smears and mammograms.
(This post was last modified: 04-08-2014 08:05 AM by EagleX.)
04-08-2014 07:51 AM
VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
(04-08-2014 07:51 AM)EagleX Wrote:  that plan sucked. now, those six year old boys now have covered pap smears and mammograms.

Don't forget that his pregnancy will now be covered as well.
04-08-2014 08:03 AM
200yrs2late Offline
Resident Parrothead

I Root For: East Carolina
Hate it for the families and kids. I just finished reading this article, and I know it isn't the only one that talks about what Obamacare "requires", but for some reason the use of the word in this article just infuriates me. First the government requires that individuals buy insurance, then it requires that certain things be covered. How the hell is the government supposed to know what coverage I want or need? What will they require us to purchase next?
04-08-2014 09:08 AM
GoApps70 Offline

I Root For: Appalachian St.
But it's for the "common good" comrade.
Let's you pay for everyone's medical care.
(This post was last modified: 04-08-2014 09:14 AM by GoApps70.)
04-08-2014 09:12 AM
Advertisement

Fitbud Offline
Banned

I Root For: PAC 12
(04-08-2014 07:46 AM)tigertom Wrote:  ... over those that were happy and protected with their health care.

"We have to pass it so we can see what's in it".... the most idiotic statement probably ever said by a California politician.

Totally taken out of context. Congress was allowed to see the bill before it was passed. It was their choice whether or not to read it. She was referring to the general public. They are the one's who would not be able to see it until it got passed.
04-08-2014 10:34 AM
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(04-08-2014 10:34 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  She was referring to the general public. They are the one's who would not be able to see it until it got passed.

You realize that doesn't improve her position, right?
04-08-2014 12:58 PM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
Well, here is how it works.

[Image: Screen_shot_2010-07-28_at_1.05.57_PM.png]
04-08-2014 01:00 PM
EagleX Offline
Wake me when the suck is over

I Root For: Southern Miss
(04-08-2014 10:34 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  
(04-08-2014 07:46 AM)tigertom Wrote:  ... over those that were happy and protected with their health care.

Totally taken out of context. Congress was allowed to see the bill before it was passed. It was their choice whether or not to read it. She was referring to the general public. They are the one's who would not be able to see it until it got passed.

she meant exactly what she said. ACA was passed outside of normal order in the house, which bypassed the committee process and any significant committee involvement. it (and a hastily slammed together package of "fixes") was passed via reconciliation in the senate (because they didn't have the votes to avoid a filibuster), which bypassed the conference committee step, thus destroying the chances of ironing out any of the more horrifying flaws in a fatally flawed bill. either by plan or by accident, at every step of the way, this bill evaded any real inspection whatsoever, especially as it gathered more and more "layers".

so, no. no one really knew what was in the bill, and the bug-eyed zealots passed it anyway, having no real clue what the hell it was that they just inflicted on the american people.
04-08-2014 02:02 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.