Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Jordan Lynch: 'I want to come in and win Rookie of the Year'
Bookmark and Share
foch41 Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU
Jordan Lynch: 'I want to come in and win Rookie of the Year'
Jordan Lynch intends on being the NFL's Rookie of the Year in 2014. He just doesn't have any idea what position he'll have to play to do it.
Lynch, a former quarterback at Northern Illinois, might need a position change to make an NFL roster. He worked out as a running back at the NFL Scouting Combine and even performed some defensive back drills at his pro day workout. For a borderline prospect like Lynch, these are the sort of concerns that can make time pass excruciatingly slowly on the third and final day of the draft. But of the 256 players who will be chosen from May 8-10, Lynch wants to finish on top of all of them when the book is closed on the 2014 season.
"I want to play in the NFL for 10 or so years," Lynch said, according to CSNChicago. "I want to come in and win Rookie of the Year."

Lynch reportedly worked out for the Chicago Bears as a quarterback, according to suntimes.com -- on April 18. How many teams out there have the right position in mind, and the right opening on the roster, for Lynch to fill a role? Lynch might never know, because this could be a one-shot proposition. Wherever he's drafted, and for whatever position, it would be a pretty big surprise if Lynch is merely the best rookie on his own squad, much less the entire league."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000...f-the-year

The website has a nice video of his combine efforts
04-08-2014 05:32 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

7 Offline
The Pride of the Midwest

RE: Jordan Lynch: 'I want to come in and win Rookie of the Year'
Good luck lol
04-08-2014 07:38 AM
Huskie_Jon Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Huskies
First, he has to be a rookie.
04-08-2014 08:37 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DogTracks Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
It's nice to have goals. Maybe try to keep the pie in the sky stuff in his own head though.
04-08-2014 08:52 AM
cartershaw Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU, UT
(04-08-2014 08:52 AM)DogTracks Wrote:  It's nice to have goals. Maybe try to keep the pie in the sky stuff in his own head though.

This reminds me of the FSU comments he made...
04-08-2014 09:51 AM
Advertisement

NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
(04-08-2014 09:51 AM)cartershaw Wrote:  
(04-08-2014 08:52 AM)DogTracks Wrote:  It's nice to have goals. Maybe try to keep the pie in the sky stuff in his own head though.

Yea, me too. For somebody that isn't expected to get drafted, or drafted in late rounds at best, the comments are rather surprising to say the least. I personally think playing running back would be his best chance.
04-08-2014 10:39 AM
Rabid Squirrel Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU Huskies
(04-08-2014 10:39 AM)NIU007 Wrote:  
(04-08-2014 09:51 AM)cartershaw Wrote:  

Yea, me too. For somebody that isn't expected to get drafted, or drafted in late rounds at best, the comments are rather surprising to say the least. I personally think playing running back would be his best chance.

I'm going to try and get out ahead of the "too slow to play RB" comments. I made this video with Lynch and wolfe both getting 40 solid, straight yards in side by side. There are plenty of variables for both, but it's a decent barometer. Not definitive but just for fun here's Wolfe vs Lynch 40 yards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_Dp6IzClFg
04-08-2014 11:00 AM
Advertisement

PrideinthePack Offline
1st String

Too slow to play RB.
04-08-2014 11:12 AM
huskiealum03 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU & Go Go Sox
I'm not going to laugh and scoff at this idea that he has. Its the same 'reach for the sky' attitude that has allowed him to win many games for NIU. It is an attitude that can help him be very successful outside of football. Am I skeptical if it can happen? yes. Am i going to outright poo pooh him for having aspirations? no.
04-08-2014 11:27 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
(04-08-2014 11:27 AM)huskiealum03 Wrote:  I'm not going to laugh and scoff at this idea that he has. Its the same 'reach for the sky' attitude that has allowed him to win many games for NIU. It is an attitude that can help him be very successful outside of football. Am I skeptical if it can happen? yes. Am i going to outright poo pooh him for having aspirations? no.

Yea, having the goal is fine, even if it's a reach. I'm taking a wait and see approach and wish him the best. The guy has proven his toughness among other things, and he'll need that in the NFL.
04-08-2014 11:30 AM
Huskie_Jon Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Huskies
(04-08-2014 11:30 AM)NIU007 Wrote:  
(04-08-2014 11:27 AM)huskiealum03 Wrote:  I'm not going to laugh and scoff at this idea that he has. Its the same 'reach for the sky' attitude that has allowed him to win many games for NIU. It is an attitude that can help him be very successful outside of football. Am I skeptical if it can happen? yes. Am i going to outright poo pooh him for having aspirations? no.

Yea, having the goal is fine, even if it's a reach. I'm taking a wait and see approach and wish him the best. The guy has proven his toughness among other things, and he'll need that in the NFL.

Like there are no cocky players in the NFL.
04-08-2014 11:36 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.