Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Schumer On Dem Midterm Elections Strategy:“I Think The Koch Bros Thing Will Work"
EagleRockCafe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Eagles
Schumer On Dem Midterm Elections Strategy:“I Think The Koch Bros Thing Will Work"
[Image: zmo31j.jpg]

So the Dem campaign strategy is to work to take the free speech rights away from two citizens. I thought they were going to run on how great Barrycare is.

Sen. Chuck Schumer defended Democrats’ strategy of slamming the billionaire Koch brothers, predicting Monday that the efforts “will work.”

Schumer said recent polling shows 48 percent of Americans recognize the name of the businessmen, who have poured millions into conservative political ads and campaigns.

“That’ll mean about 90 percent of them will know it [the Koch name] in October,” Schumer said on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” on Monday. “We also have to have a shield that protects us from these ads. And I think the Koch brother thing will work.”

The New York Democrat brushed off criticism from conservatives that Democrats are trying to suppress the free speech rights of Charles and David Koch with the repeated attacks, including some from Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid calling them “un-American.”

“The Koch brothers aren’t just sitting there innocently on the side,” Schumer said. “They’re spending $40, $50 million in ads that are not focused on their real agenda, which is just eliminating all regulation on corporations, cutting taxes to virtually nothing. And so that demands a response. So I don’t feel sorry for them.”

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/04/ch...05424.html
(This post was last modified: 04-07-2014 09:40 AM by EagleRockCafe.)
04-07-2014 09:09 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

EagleX Offline
Wake me when the suck is over

I Root For: Southern Miss
RE: Schumer On Dem Midterm Elections Strategy:“I Think The Koch Bros Thing Will Work&q...
gotta find someone to demonize. gotta find someone to scare the "little guys" into voting dem, because if they can't convince "us" that there is some sinister "they" trying to hurt "us", then there is no reason to elect someone to "fight" for "us", and the dems exist for no purpose.
04-07-2014 09:14 AM
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
RE: Schumer On Dem Midterm Elections Strategy:“I Think The Koch Bros Thing Will Work"
Every Dem should be disgusted by this. Not running in issues, but rather fear mongering.
04-07-2014 09:27 AM
EagleRockCafe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Eagles
RE: Schumer On Dem Midterm Elections Strategy:“I Think The Koch Bros Thing Will Work&q...
(04-07-2014 09:27 AM)DrTorch Wrote:  Every Dem should be disgusted by this. Not running in issues, but rather fear mongering.

Hell, Shumer as much as admitted that is what they are doing. Of course when you don't have any accomplishments to run on, fear mongering is the Leftist motto.
04-07-2014 09:37 AM
TheDancinMonarch Online
All American

I Root For: Old Dominion
Strategy:“I Think The Koch Bros Thing Will Work&q...
I'll bet that Chuckie got beat up every day at school as a kid. There is no other explanation.
04-07-2014 10:07 AM
Advertisement

EagleX Offline

(04-07-2014 09:27 AM)DrTorch Wrote:  Every Dem should be disgusted by this. Not running in issues, but rather fear mongering.

mitten's tax returns, george bush, foreign money buying influence in the republican party, george bush . . .

the dems haven't run on their record since the ascension of The One.
04-07-2014 10:13 AM
oklalittledixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Oklahoma
RE: Schumer On Dem Midterm Elections Strategy:“I Think The Koch Bros Thing Will Work"
The only way the communists have any chance of winning anything in Nov is through voter fraud...which they will indeed be involved with.

Sadly for them, the country isn't quite as upset with the Koch brothers as the radical left.
04-07-2014 10:20 AM
EagleX Offline

(04-07-2014 10:20 AM)oklalittledixie Wrote:  The only way the communists have any chance of winning anything in Nov is through voter fraud...which they will indeed be involved with.

Sadly for them, the country isn't quite as upset with the Koch brothers as the radical left.

I have limitless confidence in the ability of the republicans to screw this up.
04-07-2014 10:23 AM
oklalittledixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Oklahoma
(04-07-2014 10:23 AM)EagleX Wrote:  
(04-07-2014 10:20 AM)oklalittledixie Wrote:  The only way the communists have any chance of winning anything in Nov is through voter fraud...which they will indeed be involved with.

I have limitless confidence in the ability of the republicans to screw this up.

They need to be really aware of the media traps the Dems are most definitely working on. They will try to rope the key GOP Senate candidates in social controversies like abortion and gay rights. Don't say too much, don't say too little. Stick to the important issues and avoid any left wing diatribe.
04-07-2014 10:29 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.