Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Raider QB's Impressive in First Scrimmage
Bookmark and Share
ThreeifbyLightning Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Univ of Middle Tennessee
Raider QB's Impressive in First Scrimmage
Over 2000 in attendance for the first spring scrimmage...

[Image: BkeqN6ECIAAefTN.jpg]

The Blue Raiders ran 102 plays on 19 drives in their first scrimmage of the spring season. Austin Grammer, A.J. Erdely and Brent Stockstill all split the quarterback duties. Stockstill led the passing game, going 12-for-18 for 202 yards and three touchdown passes. Erdely also had three touchdown passes, going 11-for-15 for 98 yards, while Grammer was 11-for-17 for 132 yards with one touchdown pass.

"I was pleased with the things the quarterbacks were able to do," Stockstill said. "We didn't take sacks, we threw the ball away and I don't think we threw an interception. They're going through their reads well; they're showing good pocket presence and they aren't getting rattled. They're also doing a great job from the leadership standpoint on the field so we have three really good quarterbacks."
http://www.goblueraiders.com/content.cfm/id/75953
04-05-2014 03:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

banker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
RE: Raider QB's Impressive in First Scrimmage
So you're saying you could be in trouble in the secondary, right?

That's the thing about playing against yourself, every good thing is also a bad thing.
04-05-2014 09:33 PM
Advertisement

SpaceRaider Offline
All American

I Root For: MiddleTennessee
(04-05-2014 09:33 PM)banker Wrote:  So you're saying you could be in trouble in the secondary, right?

That's the thing about playing against yourself, every good thing is also a bad thing.

well, it would be more concerning, but for a couple of things, MT's best defensive players like T.T. Barber, and Kevin Byard saw little action in favor of the less experienced players getting more reps, and Stockstill said that the defense limited itself, no blitzes, which might explain no sacks...
04-05-2014 10:04 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ThreeifbyLightning Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Univ of Middle Tennessee
(04-05-2014 09:33 PM)banker Wrote:  So you're saying you could be in trouble in the secondary, right?

That's a good point. That's why you can never really tell what kind of team you have by scrimmages.

In this instance though, this is a positive sign, because we have some depth and experience returning in the secondary. I don't believe anyone is worried about our defense coming into this season.

But if our untested QB's are coming out throwing INTs or completing only 50% of their passes against base defensive sets that would be an early indication to worry about our quarterback situation.

Like I said before the three QB's we currently have on the roster are all three probably better at this early stage of their careers than any QB we've had at a similar time frame, but we just don't know what we're going to get until the starter is named and lights come on.
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2014 10:27 AM by ThreeifbyLightning.)
04-06-2014 10:26 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.