Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The AAC needs to go after Villanova
EvilVodka Offline
stuff

I Root For: FSU LSU
The AAC needs to go after Villanova
I'm usually anti-hybrid, but if Navy is coming along for the ride as a football only, why not go after Villanova in basketball??

I understand there's a push for Wichita State, but I've always seen Villanova as a better basketball power.

Villanova/Navy, sharing a spot in the AAC!!!

Do it!!!!
04-04-2014 02:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Attackcoog Online

I Root For: Houston
RE: The AAC needs to go after Villanova
Why would Nova have any interest in the AAC? And is Nova very popular in the AAC after the divorce? The only way it might be remotely possible is if the AAC wanted Nova and was willing to take their football in order to get Villanova basketball....I just don't see it happening.
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2014 02:51 PM by Attackcoog.)
04-04-2014 02:49 PM
bmorex Online
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Xavier
(04-04-2014 02:43 PM)EvilVodka Wrote:  I'm usually anti-hybrid, but if Navy is coming along for the ride as a football only, why not go after Villanova in basketball??

I understand there's a push for Wichita State, but I've always seen Villanova as a better basketball power.

Do it!!!!

You have a better chance of dating Kate Upton than this happening.
04-04-2014 02:49 PM
Tallgrass Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
The Big East is very stable with like-minded institutions, the money in BE is greater, and the AAC has issues regarding stability.

UCONN ATHLETIC DIRECTOR REMARKS
04-04-2014 04:46 PM
Melky Cabrera Offline
Bill Bradley

I Root For: UConn
VCU makes much more sense. Similar institution to most of the AAC. Is located in the same Chesapeake region as Navy and could combine with Navy to keep the conference visible in the same general region all year long. VCU could also provide a rival within a bus trip or a car ride for ECU.

The AAC already has a member in Philadelphia. I doubt that Temple is interested in sharing the local spotlight with Villanova.
04-04-2014 04:56 PM
stever20 Online
Legend

I Root For: Sports
I think if they could poach anyone from the Big East(which they can't), they would go after Georgetown quite frankly. Kind of same reasoning as Melky.
04-04-2014 05:04 PM
Advertisement

NovaPride Offline
Banned

I Root For: Villanova
No thanks.
04-04-2014 06:08 PM
esayem Offline
Hark The Sound!

I Root For: Olde Ironclad
(04-04-2014 04:56 PM)Melky Cabrera Wrote:  VCU makes much more sense. Similar institution to most of the AAC. Is located in the same Chesapeake region as Navy and could combine with Navy to keep the conference visible in the same general region all year long. VCU could also provide a rival within a bus trip or a car ride for ECU.

The AAC already has a member in Philadelphia. I doubt that Temple is interested in sharing the local spotlight with Villanova.

Well, well, well, how the turn tables...
04-04-2014 06:09 PM
TexanMark Online
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
(04-04-2014 06:09 PM)esayem Wrote:  
(04-04-2014 04:56 PM)Melky Cabrera Wrote:  VCU makes much more sense. Similar institution to most of the AAC. Is located in the same Chesapeake region as Navy and could combine with Navy to keep the conference visible in the same general region all year long. VCU could also provide a rival within a bus trip or a car ride for ECU.

The ACC already has a member in New England. I doubt that BC is interested in sharing the local spotlight with UConn.

Well, well, well, how the turn tables...

FIFY 03-lmfao
04-04-2014 06:36 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ChrisLords Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Virginia Tech
(04-04-2014 02:43 PM)EvilVodka Wrote:  I'm usually anti-hybrid, but if Navy is coming along for the ride as a football only, why not go after Villanova in basketball??

Do it!!!!

Doesn't the AAC already have Temple in the Philly market? You'd be much better served by Georgetown, St. John's, Marquette, DePaul, Butler or Wichita State. Xavier's market is already covered by Cincy and Providence and Seton Hall are ho-hum choices. Creighton had a great year but is far away from everyone in the AAC.

Oh yeah, and let's not forget that the BE makes twice as much as the AAC. So getting any of them would require them to agree to a big pay cut. Wichita State it is.
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2014 06:52 PM by ChrisLords.)
04-04-2014 06:50 PM
Savacool Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tulane
Nova is only one dimensional,basketball. Football drives the bus! Do not want them in the AAC.
04-04-2014 08:19 PM
Advertisement

john01992 Offline
Former ESPNer still in recovery mode

I Root For: John0 out!!!!
if the acc is gonna pull a BE school/navy combo it will be georgetown + notre dame
04-04-2014 09:15 PM
gosports1 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: providence
no one from the be will go to the AAC
04-04-2014 09:25 PM
john01992 Offline
Former ESPNer still in recovery mode

I Root For: John0 out!!!!
(04-04-2014 09:25 PM)gosports1 Wrote:  no one from the be will go to the AAC

yeah right05-stirthepot
04-04-2014 09:48 PM
prp Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Tartans!
As long as we're talking about unrealistic scenarios, the AAC should add Georgetown, Villanova, Seton Hall, Providence, St Johns, Syracuse, Boston College, Miami and Pittsburgh as all sports members and Rutgers, VA Tech, and WVU as football only members. Once all those schools are on board, they should kick out everyone else but UConn and maybe Temple, but only for football. Maybe in a few years, some of those football only members can be added as all sports members.
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2014 10:06 PM by prp.)
04-04-2014 10:02 PM
mikeinsec127 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rutgers
No it doesn't
1 Villanova is a C7 that would not fit in with the current AAC membership.
2 Villanova was reaspnosible for keeping Temple out of the then BE for all sports.
3 The AAC does not need Villanova to bring the Philly market, it just needs a resurgence by Temple.
4 If the AAC wanted a non football to balance out football only Navy, VCU is a better choice.

Both conferences seem stable right now. Why on earth would you think the leadership of either would want to destabilize both?
04-05-2014 07:26 AM
Advertisement

DFW HOYA Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Georgetown
(04-04-2014 08:19 PM)Savacool Wrote:  Nova is only one dimensional,basketball. Football drives the bus! Do not want them in the AAC.

Villanova is a consistently strong FB program, having won the I-AA/FCS title in 2009. Andy Talley just passed the 200 win total in his career last season. Of the three Big East schools that play football, the Wildcats are certainly the strongest on the field and in budget.

That having been said, they're not interested in the AAC.
(This post was last modified: 04-05-2014 07:38 AM by DFW HOYA.)
04-05-2014 07:37 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BigEastHomer Offline
Banned

I Root For:
(04-05-2014 07:37 AM)DFW HOYA Wrote:  That having been said, they're not interested in the AAC.

That's good because their energies are better spent on something attainable.
They had their chance at FBS football and couldn't even supply our presidents with a legit venue option. That ship has sailed.
04-05-2014 10:52 AM
BE4evah Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Big East
SMU, Houston, Cincy, Tulsa, Memphis

balanced with UCF, USF, Tulane, ECU and Georgia State

Uconn and Temple geographic outlers that can't really be helped, unless Umass, URI maybe to 14
04-05-2014 11:01 AM
IceJus10 Offline
All American

I Root For: Sports
(04-04-2014 04:46 PM)Tallgrass Wrote:  the AAC has issues regarding stability.

UCONN ATHLETIC DIRECTOR REMARKS

If you are an FBS program and you aren't trying to be the best you can be... there is something wrong with you. The only way UCONN is leaving the American is to go P5 and any school in any NON-P5 conference would jump at that chance too. So the American is no less stable than any other conference.

If there is a major conference all-sport breakaway from the NCAA - don't count on the Big East being stable either... some of those schools will be dialing everyone they know and calling in every favor possible for a lifeline to save their basketball programs like minded institutions or not - None of them want to be stuck playing mid-majors exclusively either.
04-05-2014 11:24 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.