Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

AAC showing strength in NCAA tourney ratings
BE4evah Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Big East
AAC showing strength in NCAA tourney ratings
AAC had the early game on Sunday against Michigan State. The NCAA tournament is drawing really well this year.

"Keep in mind that list does not include Sunday’s Elite Eight games. Kentucky/Michigan earned a 9.0 overnight, down 4% from Louisville/Duke last year (9.4), up 15% from Kansas/North Carolina in 2012 (7.8), and likely to finish as the top telecast entering the Final Four. In the early window, Connecticut/Michigan State drew a 6.5 — up 5% from Michigan/Florida last year (6.2) and up 23% from Baylor/Kentucky in 2012 (5.3)."

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2014/03/...inal-four/

We've talked about how Aresco will be able to leverage the AAC's strong tv ratings. The AAC is showing that it is strong. Whether it be a renegotiation, extension, entails a grant of rights, whatever, I hope Aresco gets it done.
04-01-2014 06:11 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Gray Avenger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
RE: AAC showing strength in NCAA tourney ratings
(04-01-2014 06:11 AM)BE4evah Wrote:  AAC had the early game on Sunday against Michigan State. The NCAA tournament is drawing really well this year.

"Keep in mind that list does not include Sunday’s Elite Eight games. Kentucky/Michigan earned a 9.0 overnight, down 4% from Louisville/Duke last year (9.4), up 15% from Kansas/North Carolina in 2012 (7.8), and likely to finish as the top telecast entering the Final Four. In the early window, Connecticut/Michigan State drew a 6.5 — up 5% from Michigan/Florida last year (6.2) and up 23% from Baylor/Kentucky in 2012 (5.3)."

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2014/03/...inal-four/

We've talked about how Aresco will be able to leverage the AAC's strong tv ratings. The AAC is showing that it is strong. Whether it be a renegotiation, extension, entails a grant of rights, whatever, I hope Aresco gets it done.

If he doesn't, nobody can.
04-01-2014 12:31 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(04-01-2014 12:31 PM)Gray Avenger Wrote:  
(04-01-2014 06:11 AM)BE4evah Wrote:  "

If he doesn't, nobody can.

The Aresco spider man syndrome.
04-01-2014 12:38 PM
Advertisement

invisiblehand Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tulsa
Tulsa kind of got shafted on the draw, at least for tv....
It was already supposed to start at 9pm Tulsa time, and it didn't end up actually starting until 10:30.
04-01-2014 01:36 PM
BE4evah Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Big East
Aresco doesn't have to be superman. Just leverage the positive exoposure earned by the AAC in getting to the final four- both men's and women's!

I know that the Big Ten shares ticket revenue, and while something like that will probably not happen completely in the AAC, a tournament like Aresco wants in New York that sees maybe a Uconn men's and women's double header, that is potentially a great source of exposure and revenue.

Even a AAC-Big East challenge among the top 5 schools played on the same day with revenue shared equally to help out those bottom five schools that don't get to play.

How about the AAC licensing with under armour or nike to equip all AAC teams. That would be a huge coup for Aresco and bring in tons of $'s.

Have the AAC get exclusive production rights to coaches show- imagine the AAC producing a show with Cronin, larry brown all at the same table. Streamed for us fans??

There are a lot of possibilities.
04-01-2014 02:21 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.