Nothing corrupt going on is there?
03-27-2014 07:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
blazerwkr Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB

BlazerTalk Award
RE: Old Dominion tells Alabama(and ESPN) to kick dirt
Well they had to try to add someone so they could fill the $EC network plus get UAT an easy win so they can get in the NC game
03-27-2014 07:56 PM
KevMo4UAB Offline
#FreeUAB

Good for ODU.

I see uat is playing Wisconsin in 2015, but of course not at Wisconsin but rather at a neutral site.
03-27-2014 08:19 PM
jcduncan13 Offline
All American

ODU doesn't want to be like Georgia State. I wouldn't want to get killed by a team like Alabama, but the million dollar paycheck sounds good.
03-27-2014 08:51 PM
BandGrad Offline
Heisman

So Bama can play two CUSA teams but can't acknowledge the CUSA team 50 miles away! They can suck it!!!
03-27-2014 09:09 PM
Advertisement

Montgomery Blazer Offline
Special Teams

(03-27-2014 09:09 PM)BandGrad Wrote:  So Bama can play two CUSA teams but can't acknowledge the CUSA team 50 miles away! They can suck it!!!

What do you mean "Can't acknowledge"?

What benefit is it to Alabama to play UAB? And what benefit is it for UAB to play Alabama?

UAB loses 77-3 and then what? UAB football fans should NOT want to play Alabama. I'll pass.

The 77-3 prediction is not outlandish. We did just lose 62-27 to a team that had not won a football game since 2011. Awful stuff, but it's reality.

THAT SAID: With the exception of Watson, I think Bill Clark will be the best coach we ever had. Very excited for this fall, and excited to hang at Legion on Saturdays.
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2014 09:22 PM by Montgomery Blazer.)
03-27-2014 09:20 PM
BandGrad Offline
Heisman

Keep the money in State. They don't have to play us. USA? Troy? JSU? Even A&M or Bama State? Don't try to protect their way of thinking.
03-27-2014 09:28 PM
BlazerPhil Offline
Administrator of Comedy

I Root For: Birmingham U.
Folding@NCAAbbs
(03-27-2014 09:20 PM)Montgomery Blazer Wrote:  
(03-27-2014 09:09 PM)BandGrad Wrote:  So Bama can play two CUSA teams but can't acknowledge the CUSA team 50 miles away! They can suck it!!!

What benefit is it to Alabama to play UAB? And what benefit is it for UAB to play Alabama?

UAB loses 77-3 and then what? UAB football fans should NOT want to play Alabama. I'll pass.

The 77-3 prediction is not outlandish. We did just lose 62-27 to a team that had not won a football game since 2011. Awful stuff, but it's reality.

THAT SAID: With the exception of Watson, I think Bill Clark will be the best coach we ever had. Very excited for this fall, and excited to hang at Legion on Saturdays.

The bar for coaches at UAB is not set very high. Watson included.
03-27-2014 09:32 PM
Special Teams

(03-27-2014 09:32 PM)BlazerPhil Wrote:  

Until Coach Clark can defeat an SEC team, or go bowling, only 1 man can claim he's done it at UAB.
03-27-2014 09:33 PM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
I have absolutely zero interest in watching UAB and Alabama on the same football field. I would not watch it.
03-27-2014 09:34 PM
Advertisement

the_blazerman Offline
Legend

Don't feed the pigeons.
03-27-2014 09:36 PM
Special Teams

(03-27-2014 09:34 PM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  I have absolutely zero interest in watching UAB and Alabama on the same football field. I would not watch it.

Well, USC did schedule Fresno State (and nearly lost), and Tennessee played Memphis also (Memphis won).

Major BCS schools occasionally (but rarely) play mid-major BCS schools from in-state, but in the case of UAB/Bama, it's even less likely. We are both members of the same UA System.
03-27-2014 09:36 PM
BlazerPhil Offline
Administrator of Comedy

Folding@NCAAbbs
(03-27-2014 09:33 PM)Montgomery Blazer Wrote:  

Until Coach Clark can defeat an SEC team, or go bowling, only 1 man can claim he's done it at UAB.

THE reason we refer to Watson as " Zero" is because Watson as a coach gives you zero sum gain. Watson has the same value as head coach as anyone who has never coached a college game. Thus Clark, with a winning record as a college head coach, is already ahead of Watson "Zero" Brown.
03-27-2014 09:38 PM
Special Teams

(03-27-2014 09:38 PM)BlazerPhil Wrote:  

THE reason we refer to Watson as " Zero" is because Watson as a coach gives you zero sum gain. Watson has the same value as head coach as anyone who has never coached a college game. Thus Clark, with a winning record as a college head coach, is already ahead of Watson "Zero" Brown.

I wouldn't necessarily say "zero sum gain".

The entire nation saw UAB players celebrating and in tears after their defeat of LSU in Death Valley, and the entire nation saw Mississippi State get whipped on their own field by a CUSA team 2 hours to the east.

Or, the nationally-televised bowl game?

Watson did a lot of good for UAB. What does that make Callaway then? Negative Five?
03-27-2014 09:40 PM
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

[Image: pigeons.jpg]
03-27-2014 09:43 PM
Advertisement

BlazerPhil Offline
Administrator of Comedy

Folding@NCAAbbs
(03-27-2014 09:40 PM)Montgomery Blazer Wrote:  
(03-27-2014 09:38 PM)BlazerPhil Wrote:  
(03-27-2014 09:20 PM)Montgomery Blazer Wrote:  What do you mean "Can't acknowledge"?

I wouldn't necessarily say "zero sum gain".

The entire nation saw UAB players celebrating and in tears after their defeat of LSU in Death Valley, and the entire nation saw Mississippi State get whipped on their own field by a CUSA team 2 hours to the east.

Or, the nationally-televised bowl game?

Watson did a lot of good for UAB. What does that make Callaway then? Negative Five?

So, you last name is Brown , or you played football at UAB prior to Calaway, but after Hilyer were head coach ?
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2014 09:53 PM by BlazerPhil.)
03-27-2014 09:48 PM
panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE
(03-27-2014 08:51 PM)jcduncan13 Wrote:  ODU doesn't want to be like Georgia State. I wouldn't want to get killed by a team like Alabama, but the million dollar paycheck sounds good.

Pfft

We laugh in the face of UTSA and ODU's startups.

[/sarcasm]

Our AD is an idiot.
03-28-2014 06:28 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Blazer on the southside Offline
Special Teams

(03-27-2014 09:20 PM)Montgomery Blazer Wrote:  What benefit is it to Alabama to play UAB?

Seems kind of funny that Nick Satan is lamenting how difficult it is to schedule OC games in that article, yet there is a team 50 miles away who would most likely play them (and generate tons of local interest) that they won't even talk to.
03-28-2014 07:09 AM
UAB Band Dad Offline
Occasionally Reasonable

I Root For: A Free UAB!
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(03-28-2014 07:09 AM)Blazer on the southside Wrote:  
(03-27-2014 09:20 PM)Montgomery Blazer Wrote:  What benefit is it to Alabama to play UAB?

Seems kind of funny that Nick Satan is lamenting how difficult it is to schedule OC games in that article, yet there is a team 50 miles away who would most likely play them (and generate tons of local interest) that they won't even talk to.

"The University of Alabama has everything to lose and nothing to gain by playing UAB."

He even parrots the UA party line on that.

Screw 'em. Never play them. Don't give their knuckledragging trailer park fans any more excuse to piss on us. We can find other, more attractive buy games if we need the money.
03-28-2014 08:10 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.