ODU Monarchs

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ODU annual surplus gear SALE
ODU Oldtimer Offline
All American

I Root For: .ODU

Lion's Den Poster of the Year
Just thought I would bring this to everyone's attention. Last year they had this same sale and there were some great items with good prices. I would suggest getting there early. Unfortunately I am sure the line will be long, and this year maybe even longer. Hope everyone can pick up some good gear

ODU FB Equipment ‏@ODUFBEquipment · 1h
We will be having our annual surplus gear sale April 3rd from 12pm-4pm. Come pick out some gear to show your support on game day!

03-27-2014 02:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bit_9 Offline

I Root For: ODU
RE: ODU annual surplus gear SALE
What kind of "gear"?
03-27-2014 02:55 PM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

And what is the location... other than somewhere at ODU?
03-27-2014 02:56 PM
ODUgamecocks Offline
Water Engineer

(03-27-2014 02:55 PM)Cr8n Wrote:  What kind of "gear"?

When they did this in October 2012, we picked up a jersey, t-shirts worn in practice, sweatshirts, and warmup jackets. I think all of the stuff is gently used.
03-27-2014 03:21 PM
ODU Oldtimer Offline
All American

The sale location is at ODU's Property Control Warehouse in the Facilities Management Building, 4401 Powhatan Avenue. Parking is available in Lot 43 Also Remember: CASH ONLY. EXACT CHANGE PLEASE.
They Sold out of a lot of items very fast in 2012.

Some of the sale items are new/never used and include

We noticed that a few items, that had tags on them had dirt spots. I was told, they were not positive but a few items could have been returns (they said they did take returns). Other Items may have been gently worn. We were also told that, some items had been picked over in the book store, may have been knocked off the rack and got kicked around or been left in the warehouse. Some items are before we were members of the CAA and some Items have the CAA logo on jersey's. Hope this helps. If I get more info I will pass on.

The above was from the 2012 Notice. I think it is the same location, kind of gear.... remember this is APRIL 3, 2014 12 noon - 4pm

ATHLETIC GEAR (ODU FOOTBALL) SALE AT ODU PROPERTY CONTROL

The Department of Procurement Services’ Property Control Office will conduct a Set Sale of Surplus Athletic Gear (ODU Football) on Thursday, Nov. 1, from 12:30 p.m. to 3:15 p.m., or until last item is sold, whichever occurs first. The sale will be open to faculty, staff, students, and the general public.

A majority of the surplus athletic gear sale items are “Nike” brand and some have ODU Football Logos (see attached photos). Some of the sale items are new/never used and include: Nike Football Game Jerseys (Blue and White)- some with the name of the player on the back, Nike Football Practice Jerseys (Blue, White, and Red), Black Nike Knit Caps, Nike Football Hooded Sweatshirts and Sweatpants, Nike ODU Football Travel Suits, Nike Pullovers, Nike Warm-up Jackets (Blue) and Warm-up Pants (Blue), Nike Workout Shorts, Coaches Training Shorts, Nike White T-shirts, Nike Grey T-shirts, One pair of Nike Cleats (size 9 ½), McDavid Athletic Shorts, McDavid Padded Girdles, Leg Pads, and Hip Pads. Apparel sizes range from Small up to 4XL. Most of the Nike T-shirts, Work-out Shorts, Coaches Training Shorts, Knit Caps, and McDavid apparel sale prices range between $5.00 each to $10.00 each. The Nike Football Game Jerseys are priced at $100.00 each. Nike Football Practice Jerseys are priced at $10.00 each. Nike Football Hooded Sweatshirts are priced at $20.00 each. Nike Pullovers and Warm-up Jackets range from $15.00 - $20.00 each. Nike Sweatpants and Warm-up Pants range from $10.00 - $15.00 each. Nike ODU Football Travel Suits are priced at $50.00 each and the One Pair of Nike Cleats is priced at $25.00. Due to the limited quantity offered, there will be a limit of two like items each per customer. All athletic gear will be sold “AS IS”, on a ‘first come, first serve basis’.

Payment must be made at the time the customer selects the athletic gear. All items must be picked up at the time of purchase - NO EXCEPTIONS. No sale previews will be allowed. The sale location is at ODU's Property Control Warehouse in the Facilities Management Building, 4401 Powhatan Avenue. Parking is available in Lot 43. CASH ONLY. EXACT CHANGE PLEASE. For more information, please contact the Property Control Office at phone #757-683-4810.
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2014 04:06 PM by ODU Oldtimer.)
03-27-2014 03:44 PM
ODU Oldtimer Offline
All American

Just got the ODU Release for this SALE April 3, 2014 12 noon - 4:00pm

OLD DOMINION UNIVERSITY
SURPLUS ATHLETIC GEAR SALE!

The Department of Procurement Services’ Property Control Office will conduct a Set Sale of Surplus Athletic Gear (ODU Football) on Thursday, April 3, from 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m., or until last item is sold, whichever occurs first. The sale will be open to faculty, staff, students, and the general public.

A majority of the surplus athletic gear sale items are “Nike” brand and some have ODU Football Logos. A majority of the sale items are new/never used and include: Nike Football Game Jerseys (Blue)- some with the name of the player on the back, Nike Football Practice Jerseys (Blue & White), Nike ODU Football Warm-Up Jackets (Blue & Grey) and Matching Warm-up Pants (Blue & Grey), Nike Pullovers (Blue, Grey, and Black), Nike T-shirts (White, Grey, & Black), Nike Wrist Sweatbands (White) & QB Bands, Nike Cleats (sizes range from 8 ½ - 18), McDavid Padded Girdles & Thigh Boards, and McDavid Padded Shirts (Rib & Back). Apparel sizes range from Small up to 4XL. Most of the Nike T-shirt apparel sale prices range between $5.00 each to $10.00 each. The Nike Football Game Jerseys are priced at $50.00 each. Nike ODU Football Warm-Up Jackets (Blue & Grey) and Matching Warm-up Pants (Blue & Grey) are priced at $40.00 per set. Nike Pullovers (Blue, Grey, and Black) prices range from $25.00 – $30.00 each. McDavid Padded Shirts (Rib & Back) are priced at $10.00 each. All Nike Cleats are priced at $25.00 per pair. Nike Sweatbands and QB Bands are priced at $1.00 each. The Nike Football Practice Jerseys will be sold as Lots priced at $50.00 per Lot (Lots will range from 50-60 jerseys each, sorted by color). The McDavid Padded Girdles & Thigh Boards will also be sold as Lots with prices ranging from $15.00 up to $75.00 per Lot (sorted by style). Also included in the sale will be Footballs on a Rope (priced at $10.00) and a Scrimmage Strip (priced at $30.00). With the exception of the Lots offered and the Nike Football Game Jerseys, there will be a limit of two like items each per customer due to the limited quantity. All athletic gear will be sold “AS IS”, on a ‘first come, first serve basis’.

Payment must be made at the time the customer selects the athletic gear. All items must be picked up at the time of purchase - NO EXCEPTIONS. No sale previews will be allowed. The sale location is at ODU's Property Control Warehouse in the Facilities Management Building, 4401 Powhatan Avenue. Parking is available in Lot 43. CASH ONLY. EXACT CHANGE PLEASE. For more information, please contact the Property Control Office at phone #757-683-4810.

Good Luck everyone
03-27-2014 04:05 PM
Advertisement

ODU Oldtimer Offline
All American

(03-27-2014 04:42 PM)smudge12 Wrote:  No helmets? I want a full-sized one of the Virginia logo, but any of the others will do. :-(

Not this year.
[Image: Helmet_ODU_2.png]
03-27-2014 05:01 PM
12thmonarch Offline
Heisman

(03-27-2014 05:01 PM)ODU Oldtimer Wrote:  
(03-27-2014 04:42 PM)smudge12 Wrote:  No helmets? I want a full-sized one of the Virginia logo, but any of the others will do. :-(

Not this year.
[Image: Helmet_ODU_2.png]

Saw this on coach scotts twitter looked pretty sweet. The white/blue uniform will look dang good with this lid.02-13-banana
03-27-2014 08:14 PM
CUSAmonarchman Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Old Dominion
Word of advice to those attending...get there EARLY!!! I went to the first one an hour early and was still waaaay down the line. All the good stuff was gone before I even made it through the door.
03-27-2014 08:41 PM
ODU Oldtimer Offline
All American

(03-27-2014 08:41 PM)CUSAmonarchman Wrote:  Word of advice to those attending...get there EARLY!!! I went to the first one an hour early and was still waaaay down the line. All the good stuff was gone before I even made it through the door.

Same here.

They didn't give as much notice this year especially compared to 2012. I think the big difference will be that in 2012 it was during football season, they may have even announced the sale at the last home game. I know that football was still on everyone's mind, and I am sure that help the sale dramatically. However I agree with you...get there early for the best selections.
03-27-2014 09:11 PM
ODU Oldtimer Offline
All American

OLD DOMINION UNIVERSITY
SURPLUS ATHLETIC GEAR SALE!

Don't forget the SALE April 3, 2014 12 noon - 4:00pm Tomorrow

The sale location is at ODU's Property Control Warehouse in the Facilities Management Building, 4401 Powhatan Avenue.[/b] Parking is available in Lot 43. CASH ONLY. EXACT CHANGE PLEASE. For more information, please contact the Property Control Office at phone #757-683-4810.

Just a reminder if you have interest in new gear. Good Luck everyone.
04-02-2014 08:58 PM
Advertisement

Big Blue Crazy Offline
Special Teams

Sucks I could not go today. Work got in the way.
Hope there was some great stuff to be had

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App
04-03-2014 11:35 AM
Les Geaux Offline
2nd String

Was in line at 11am and the 6th person in line.

Very unimpressed with the amount of apparel there. Wanted a warm-up jacket and everything was 3XL and 4XL. They let 2 or 3 people in every 5-10 minutes.

Wouldn't recommend it unless you can get first in line. Basically they have one item each in the normal sizes and they go to the first 3 people.

Overall lackluster.
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2014 01:38 PM by Les Geaux.)
04-03-2014 01:36 PM
ODUMONARCHZ1 Offline
Heisman

A person I know got Nick Mayer's Jersey. That's pretty cool
04-03-2014 07:06 PM
LuckyLion Offline
1st String

We got Chris Burnette, Ronnie Cameron, and Eddie McClam. But there really wasn't all that much there, other than the blue game jerseys. If you needed cleats, those were a super deal, $25 for brand new, in the box Nike cleats.
04-03-2014 07:40 PM
Monarch Homselr Offline
1st String

I was about the 10-11th in line getting there shortly after 11 AM. It was announced that this sale was rather small. They were getting rid of some stuff with CAA logos. They said there would probably be a pretty big one next year I was surprised that the line was so short when I arrived. The previous one the line was at least 5 times as long. I got two T-shirts.....one was from the 2012 season worn by players with the schedule and the "Unfinished Business" statesment.
04-03-2014 11:15 PM
Advertisement

Monarch2014 Offline
Bench Warmer

Showed up at 10:15 AM and was the 6th one there. I managed to snag a travel nike jacket and a cotton t-shirt. Wanted a jersey but they were all too snug for me. Oh well... time to hit the gym!
04-04-2014 11:43 PM
LuckyLion Offline
1st String

This is the haul we got from the sale.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=...to_comment
04-05-2014 06:11 PM
ODU Oldtimer Offline
All American

(04-05-2014 06:11 PM)LuckyLion Wrote:  This is the haul we got from the sale.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=...to_comment

Nice 03-thumbsup
04-05-2014 07:11 PM
ODU AGGIE Offline
Heisman

Wednesday against Wofford: ODU leads 13-0, top of the 4th - no outs.
04-09-2014 04:17 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.