Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Tiger game day dilemma
Bookmark and Share
John44932 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Memphis
Tiger game day dilemma
I had my lucky Tiger shirt on and spilled something on it after lunch. I was not going to wash it until we won the national championship.

Should I try to wash it now and hope it is out of the dryer before the end of the game?

Or, should I just let it stay dirty and stick to the plan of not washing it?

Sorry for causing the Tigers entire season to come down to my dirty laundry.
03-21-2014 05:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SpiderMan79x Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
RE: Tiger game day dilemma
Don't wash it! You are just asking for trouble.
03-21-2014 05:16 PM
Downtown Tiger Offline
Banned

Please post more. I enjoy your sarcasm
03-21-2014 05:33 PM
John44932 Offline
Special Teams

I got nervous and went ahead and washed it. It should be going in the dryer during the first half.

Tigers may be down until early second half, and I will have my lucky shirt back and they will take over.
03-21-2014 05:44 PM
UofMstateU Online
Legend

Leave it in the washer!!!!!!
03-21-2014 06:34 PM
Advertisement

John44932 Offline
Special Teams

I got it out of the dryer at halftime. I will now take it off so that it doesn't get dirty again.

You can all thank my shirt for getting us through that round. I will be putting it back on for the next round!

[Image: oiun90.jpg]
03-21-2014 08:33 PM
John44932 Offline
Special Teams

I'm going to put the lucky shirt on now. I'm guaranteeing a win today.
03-23-2014 06:48 PM
hollywoodtigerhound Offline
U.S. Constitution

I Root For: MEMPHIS MACHINE
(03-23-2014 06:48 PM)John44932 Wrote:  I'm going to put the lucky shirt on now. I'm guaranteeing a win today.

SWEET
03-23-2014 06:57 PM
John44932 Offline
Special Teams

Sorry, my shirt let us down.

1. Virginia is hot right now. They just got done winning the ACC tourney. I don't care if the perception is the ACC is down this year, it is still impressive. Meanwhile, Memphis limped into the tournament. Sometimes it is just who gets hot at the right time.

2. The first 5 minutes didn't look good. It looked like there was a lot of contact not being called on our guys. You could see AN visibly frustrated. CJP was barking from his box after a non call. It is what it is though. Sometimes you don't get the calls. Sometimes the other team does. If you are not, quit playing to contact and look for better shots.

3. Who gives a s#*t about a pregame speech? If those kids need to be motivated by a pregame speech, then CJP has failed them. They had 48 hours to get prepared. Those last few minutes should not matter.

4. Find someone that can shoot free throws. This has been a long standing problem in Memphis. I'll never forget Coach Cal saying forget shooting extra ones, just close your eyes and think about making them. We throw away so many points to missed FTs. Shaq should be practicing FTs right now. For 26 hours a day. Until the season starts.

5. Shaq is an enigma. He had some moments at the beginning of the year that made us think he was going to have a breakout season. He just has terrible hands. I've never seen someone bobble the ball so much. Maybe he should wear gloves? He matured a lot and quit fouling so much. Maybe it is just nerves? I hope he breaks out next year.

6. AN and King should shine next year. Both look good for freshmen.

7. Calling for CJP's job is just stupid. He's not my preference (heck, I wish we could have Cal back), but he's who we got and he's not that bad. Now that he is getting more chances against ranked teams he is racking up some wins. See 2 games against UL. There is only so much a coach can do. If the players can't execute, it shouldn't be on the coach. I understand the frustration, but it seems misplaced.

8. Winning in the tournament is hard. We were spoiled by a bunch of great runs with Cal's teams. That kind of success is difficult to achieve. You are playing good teams every game. The fact that we've progressed to the second game 2 years in a row is a step in the right direction. Look how many upsets there have been in the tournament already. Winning is not easy this time of the year.

Anyways, I'll see you all in a few months. I think this season was good, and we're on the right track. I hope we can get more big men in, and get away from all these guards. Bonus points if we can find some kids that can shoot FTs. We'll see what happens.
03-23-2014 10:46 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.