Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Good luck tonight from a UConn fan
Bookmark and Share
huskiesnyc Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UCONN
All our years in the Big East I always rooted against teams in our conference. Well, now that we are in the AAC together I've changed my opinion. From my interactions with Memphis fans I can tell you have a really classy fan base. Having a healthy rivalry with a conference mate is foreign to me after dealing with Syracuse scum all these years. I will be pulling hard for you guys tonight and I know you can do it. I think Jackson puts it all on the line tonight and represents.

P.S- it seems a lot of you don't like Pastner but give the guy a chance. He can recruit like crazy and he beat Pitino twice this year. You don't beat a HOF coach like Rick 2 times unless you seriously know what you're doing.
03-21-2014 04:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

holyterror Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
RE: Good luck tonight from a UConn fan
Thanks. I've got y'all going to the sweet 16 in my bracket. However, I also had cincy, too.
03-21-2014 04:40 PM
Bathtub Gin Offline
All American

I Root For: Free Market
Glad to be sharing a conference with uconn
03-21-2014 04:41 PM
Tigerfan Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Tigers
(03-21-2014 04:30 PM)huskiesnyc Wrote:  All our years in the Big East I always rooted against teams in our conference. Well, now that we are in the AAC together I've changed my opinion. From my interactions with Memphis fans I can tell you have a really classy fan base. Having a healthy rivalry with a conference mate is foreign to me after dealing with Syracuse scum all these years. I will be pulling hard for you guys tonight and I know you can do it. I think Jackson puts it all on the line tonight and represents.

P.S- it seems a lot of you don't like Pastner but give the guy a chance. He can recruit like crazy and he beat Pitino twice this year. You don't beat a HOF coach like Rick 2 times unless you seriously know what you're doing.

Thanks, Huskies! I agree on all counts! Glad you guys are still alive. Here's to an Elite 8 round 4 matchup (just leave Giffey at home this time!!).
(This post was last modified: 03-21-2014 04:43 PM by Tigerfan.)
03-21-2014 04:43 PM
MTigerBlue Offline
Heisman

Appreciate it. Glad you guys made it out of your tough opener. It was beginning to look like our league was going 0-fer for the first night.
03-21-2014 04:44 PM
QuitoTiger Offline
¿Q' hubo, pues?

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Way to deliver the goods vs. Saint Joe's, UConn. We're certainly expecting to get to face Virginia. Have always liked UConn, period.
03-21-2014 04:45 PM
Advertisement

UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators
Thanks!
03-21-2014 04:56 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SpiderMan79x Offline
All American

(03-21-2014 05:00 PM)I_LUV_MEMPHISTIGERS Wrote:  Thanks huskies. We've never had the pleasure of another conference mate in the tourney, so it's new territory for us, but I love it. I was cheering like crazy last night for the Huskies and it was awesome. A healthy rivalry to root for each in every game except the ones we play each other in. Louisville is not in the conference anymore so they don't count.

And there aren't as many fans that don't like Pastner as you may think. It's just the ones that don't like him are the loudest and most vocal. The people that do like him don't feel the need to get on here every day praising him.

They are also the ones who bitched and moaned about Cal for 5 years until we got the Laurenburg crew and went on our run.
03-21-2014 05:05 PM
John44932 Offline
Special Teams

(03-21-2014 05:05 PM)SpiderMan79x Wrote:  
(03-21-2014 05:00 PM)I_LUV_MEMPHISTIGERS Wrote:  Thanks huskies. We've never had the pleasure of another conference mate in the tourney, so it's new territory for us, but I love it. I was cheering like crazy last night for the Huskies and it was awesome. A healthy rivalry to root for each in every game except the ones we play each other in. Louisville is not in the conference anymore so they don't count.

And there aren't as many fans that don't like Pastner as you may think. It's just the ones that don't like him are the loudest and most vocal. The people that do like him don't feel the need to get on here every day praising him.

They are also the ones who bitched and moaned about Cal for 5 years until we got the Laurenburg crew and went on our run.

So, winning solves all problems. I agree.
03-21-2014 05:06 PM
450bench Offline

Good luck to you guys! I'm a newfound UCONN fan here
03-21-2014 05:07 PM
oldmangrizz Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: free love
(03-21-2014 04:30 PM)huskiesnyc Wrote:  All our years in the Big East I always rooted against teams in our conference. Well, now that we are in the AAC together I've changed my opinion. From my interactions with Memphis fans I can tell you have a really classy fan base. Having a healthy rivalry with a conference mate is foreign to me after dealing with Syracuse scum all these years. I will be pulling hard for you guys tonight and I know you can do it. I think Jackson puts it all on the line tonight and represents.

Sorry. I don't swing that way.

(Not that there's anything wrong with that.)
03-21-2014 05:35 PM
Advertisement

Chi-TownTiger Offline
Got Stripes?

Donators

Don't give us too much credit but thanks for the kind words. Good luck to both teams. Gotta go with the AAC family.
03-21-2014 05:42 PM
Psicosis Offline
Remain in Light

Crappies
AAC BAYBEEEEE
03-21-2014 08:48 PM
huskiesnyc Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UCONN
That's what I'm talking about! Huge win fellas
03-22-2014 12:30 AM
anothertigerfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: T.I.G.E.R.S
(03-22-2014 12:30 AM)huskiesnyc Wrote:  That's what I'm talking about! Huge win fellas

When we actually show up to play we can win.
03-22-2014 12:36 AM
TigerSeth Offline
Heisman

I Root For: memphis tigers
(03-21-2014 05:42 PM)Chi-TownTiger Wrote:  

Don't give us too much credit but thanks for the kind words. Good luck to both teams. Gotta go with the AAC family.

^^^^^

The ultimate negative Nellie.
03-22-2014 01:01 AM
Advertisement

ImsogladIwenttotheUofM Offline
All American

I feel the same way; the AAC is growing on me.

I want to see the Tigers win, of course, but I don't feel any of the good old hate for any team, not even Cincy or The Ville. (Maybe wanting to have the best possible RPI has me rooting for other AAC teams when the Tigers aren't playing them.)

I think Joe Jackson was hyped-up so much during his recruitment that there's no way he could've met those expectations.

Josh is pretty slick at recruiting...I'll leave it at that...don't want to be labeled a Negative Nellie. (Nelly?)
(This post was last modified: 03-22-2014 03:19 AM by ImsogladIwenttotheUofM.)
03-22-2014 03:13 AM
tnzazz Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers!
I love the new UConn rivalry. Until we meet again, Huskies.
03-22-2014 03:14 AM
Herff Tiger Offline
Heisman

I Root For: T-I-G-E-R-S

Showing your age, or lack thereof.
03-22-2014 12:20 PM
TripleA Offline
Legend

Memphis Hall of Fame
Thanks, Huskies. The feeling is mutual from me.

As for this being the first time we've had conference mates in the tourney, uh, no, lol.
03-22-2014 01:22 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.