Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Today's Keys To Victory
Bookmark and Share
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
Today's Keys To Victory
1. Hit your free throws. (Many of the games yesterday were decided by free throws. (UConn was perfect in regulation, and they needed every one of them to get to overtime. They went something like 15-16 for the entire game.)

2. Shot Selection - If we jack up a deep contested 3 pointer 10 seconds into the shot clock because we just hit an open 3 in the previous possession, we are in trouble. In the half court offense, work the ball for the best shot.

3. Shaq - Don't f*ing foul

4. Some level of turnovers are acceptable due to how we play, but we must limit the turnovers which lead to transition baskets. Our defense is good, but our transition defense blows chunks. (As do most teams. )

5. Arrive mentally prepared to play the game. Many teams looked like they were in a funk yesterday.

Let the drinking games begin 04-cheers
03-21-2014 12:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TigerTimmy Offline
Outsider

I Root For: Tigers & Titans
RE: Today's Keys To Victory
6. Score more points than they do.
03-21-2014 12:56 PM
TigerBill Offline
Imperator Optimus Maximus

I Root For: Liberation

Donators
(03-21-2014 12:55 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  1. Hit your free throws. (Many of the games yesterday were decided by free throws. (UConn was perfect in regulation, and they needed every one of them to get to overtime. They went something like 15-16 for the entire game.)

2. Shot Selection - If we jack up a deep contested 3 pointer 10 seconds into the shot clock because we just hit an open 3 in the previous possession, we are in trouble. In the half court offense, work the ball for the best shot.

4. Some level of turnovers are acceptable due to how we play, but we must limit the turnovers which lead to transition baskets. Our defense is good, but our transition defense blows chunks. (As do most teams. )

5. Arrive mentally prepared to play the game. Many teams looked like they were in a funk yesterday.

Very good thoughts. I can only agree, but I think everything flows from #5.
03-21-2014 01:05 PM
80sTiger Offline
Why Am I Stuck on 'Water Engineer' ?

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
7. Balls and buttholes
03-21-2014 01:11 PM
Advertisement

UofMstateU Offline
Legend

(03-21-2014 01:11 PM)80sTiger Wrote:  7. Balls and buttholes

lol, I was just coming on here to add that to the list after I read the Joe Jackson quote.
03-21-2014 01:25 PM
daonepro Offline
All American

I Root For: MEMPHIS
Limit turnovers - Don't provide easy buckets and extra possessions

Defend like hell- intensity, force contested threes, defend without fouling

Rebound - Don't give up offensive rebounds. Rebound, Rebound, Rebound the ball

If we do these things consistently, we will keep ourselves in every game regardless of how we are performing on the offensive end.
03-21-2014 01:32 PM
bubbapt Offline
Uh, what?

Donators
This is going to be a challenge for our offense. George Washington will be running a 1-3-1 zone, which we don't see very often.

And they do what teams often do against Memphis: they refuse to give up the fast break, so we'll have to execute our offense effectively all night if we're going to score.

And then press.
03-21-2014 02:07 PM
Advertisement

GAmogul Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Alabama,Memphis
Get ahead and continue to follow the game plan. Don't start going one on one to "get yours" because we have a lead. Seen that bad formula too many times.
03-21-2014 02:18 PM
Willie Becton Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Fair Play.
make.

shots.
03-21-2014 02:18 PM
mairving Offline
Ignant Homer

(03-21-2014 12:55 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  1. Hit your free throws. (Many of the games yesterday were decided by free throws. (UConn was perfect in regulation, and they needed every one of them to get to overtime. They went something like 15-16 for the entire game.)

In each of the last 3 games (Cincinnati, SMU and UConn) we have had 8 turnovers in the 1st 10 minutes. We ended up with 14, 18 and 12 total for those games but because of those turnovers we have had to dig ourselves out of a hole. We did in the SMU game but could never get out of it in the other 2 games. Get a good start today and don't turn the ball over to start.
03-21-2014 02:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Chi-TownTiger Offline
Got Stripes?

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Donators
(03-21-2014 01:05 PM)TigerBill Wrote:  

Very good thoughts. I can only agree, but I think everything flows from #5.

I agree 100% with you. Mind over matter guys.
03-21-2014 02:47 PM
mem-x Offline
On The Downhill Run Now.

I Root For: Tigers!

... And everything else is a byproduct.
03-21-2014 02:52 PM
hollywoodtigerhound Offline
U.S. Constitution

I Root For: MEMPHIS MACHINE
[Image: 3finch3_t607.jpeg]
03-21-2014 03:09 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.