Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Anthony Maddie Highlights
Bookmark and Share
niu_1087 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Tuck Foledo
Anthony Maddie Highlights
I thought this might be useful since our QB competition is heating up, as we've seen McIntosh and Hare already. Looks like a good runner with a serviceable arm, I can't help but think he'll fit in our system really well. Doesn't look like he's as physical as Lynch, but I'm sure he's added a bit of size since these are from 2011.

03-21-2014 11:07 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

RedandBlackAttack Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU
RE: Anthony Maddie Highlights
(03-21-2014 11:07 AM)niu_1087 Wrote:  I thought this might be useful since our QB competition is heating up, as we've seen McIntosh and Hare already. Looks like a good runner with a serviceable arm, I can't help but think he'll fit in our system really well. Doesn't look like he's as physical as Lynch, but I'm sure he's added a bit of size since these are from 2011.

The kid sure can run. I have kind of done my own little assessment on the top three QB's in the running to start and here is what I came up with...

McIntosh - Average passer, average runner, balanced quarterback
Hare - Bigger body, good passer, average-to-below average runner
Maddie - Small body, quick runner and good at finding holes, average passer

Basically, it'll depend on where our offense goes this year. McIntosh compares to Harnish who can thrive in a read/zone option offense, Hare compares to your average pro style offense QB, and Maddie is a poor man's Manziel who will thrive in a spread offense.
03-21-2014 11:46 AM
niu_1087 Offline
Special Teams

(03-21-2014 11:46 AM)RedandBlackAttack Wrote:  
(03-21-2014 11:07 AM)niu_1087 Wrote:  I thought this might be useful since our QB competition is heating up, as we've seen McIntosh and Hare already. Looks like a good runner with a serviceable arm, I can't help but think he'll fit in our system really well. Doesn't look like he's as physical as Lynch, but I'm sure he's added a bit of size since these are from 2011.

The kid sure can run. I have kind of done my own little assessment on the top three QB's in the running to start and here is what I came up with...

Basically, it'll depend on where our offense goes this year. McIntosh compares to Harnish who can thrive in a read/zone option offense, Hare compares to your average pro style offense QB, and Maddie is a poor man's Manziel who will thrive in a spread offense.

Those seem like fair assessments, although I'd say Harnish was a better runner than McIntosh. Honestly I think Maddie fits the best with our system: He can eat up yards with his legs and isn't afraid to do it, and can also make the throws he needs to make. The only thing that concerns me is his size, but maybe that's just because I've gotten used to seeing Lynch out there.
(This post was last modified: 03-21-2014 12:03 PM by niu_1087.)
03-21-2014 11:55 AM
7 Offline
The Pride of the Midwest

Maddie has amazing feet and quickness, better than both Lynch and Harnish. I get the feeling he's smaller than both of them too, though. Completely agree with the poor man's Manziel comparison. I think that's right on.

I really think it's going to be a toss up between Maddie and McIntosh.
(This post was last modified: 03-21-2014 12:14 PM by 7.)
03-21-2014 12:13 PM
niu_1087 Offline
Special Teams

(03-21-2014 12:13 PM)7 Wrote:  Maddie has amazing feet and quickness, better than both Lynch and Harnish. I get the feeling he's smaller than both of them too, though. Completely agree with the poor man's Manziel comparison. I think that's right on.

That's my guess too, and I wouldn't be surprised if Maddie ultimately comes away with it.
03-21-2014 12:30 PM
cartershaw Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU, UT
Be careful... Aurora Christian plays at one of the smallest levels in IL football..
03-21-2014 12:43 PM
Advertisement

7 Offline
The Pride of the Midwest

(03-21-2014 12:30 PM)niu_1087 Wrote:  
(03-21-2014 12:13 PM)7 Wrote:  Maddie has amazing feet and quickness, better than both Lynch and Harnish. I get the feeling he's smaller than both of them too, though. Completely agree with the poor man's Manziel comparison. I think that's right on.

That's my guess too, and I wouldn't be surprised if Maddie ultimately comes away with it.
Tie goes to the older guy/the one who has been here longer.
03-21-2014 01:05 PM
klake87 Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-21-2014 01:05 PM)7 Wrote:  

Carey said he already has a leader just wont say who. If they are all close in talent, the best leader wins out.
03-21-2014 01:13 PM
NIU32 Offline
Heisman

(03-21-2014 11:46 AM)RedandBlackAttack Wrote:  [quote='niu_1087' pid='10577077' dateline='1395418039']
I thought this might be useful since our QB competition is heating up, as we've seen McIntosh and Hare already. Looks like a good runner with a serviceable arm, I can't help but think he'll fit in our system really well. Doesn't look like he's as physical as Lynch, but I'm sure he's added a bit of size since these are from 2011.

Maddie is an inch taller than Lynch and hes pretty solid. Check out this video, he was already putting up 225 on bench 19 times and this video was from 2 years ago. Thats pretty uncommon strength for a QB especially at 18 yrs od. I think he will be pretty sturdy

(This post was last modified: 03-21-2014 01:31 PM by NIU32.)
03-21-2014 01:15 PM
cartershaw Offline
All American

He didn't leave WMU because he thought NIU was better he left WMU because they are bringing in a 3*....So he shies away from competition...

I think Hare starts
03-21-2014 01:47 PM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Donators
(03-21-2014 01:47 PM)cartershaw Wrote:  He didn't leave WMU because he thought NIU was better he left WMU because they are bringing in a 3*....So he shies away from competition...

I think Hare starts

You don't think he left because of P.J.? Maybe Maddie has a fear of water.
03-21-2014 01:48 PM
Advertisement

RedandBlackAttack Offline
1st String

(03-21-2014 01:47 PM)cartershaw Wrote:  He didn't leave WMU because he thought NIU was better he left WMU because they are bringing in a 3*....So he shies away from competition...

I think Hare starts

Actually the real reason Maddie left was because Fleck brought in an entire new offense from what Cubbit ran which took away from all of his strengths and abilities. He is suited for a spread offense like NIU's, not a pro style like Fleck is bringing in at WMU. I'm sure the new recruit helped his decision but it definitely isn't the main one.
03-21-2014 01:50 PM
niu_1087 Offline
Special Teams

I think Hare starts

That's actually not true at all, he left because P.J. was bringing in more of a pro-style system.
03-21-2014 03:52 PM
niu_1087 Offline
Special Teams

(03-21-2014 01:05 PM)7 Wrote:  

Carey said it himself, the guy who can put the most points on the board will get it. From what I've seen, Maddie has the potential to be a lot more versatile than Hare.
03-21-2014 03:53 PM
niu_1087 Offline
Special Teams

(03-21-2014 12:43 PM)cartershaw Wrote:  Be careful... Aurora Christian plays at one of the smallest levels in IL football..

As did Harnish in Indiana.
03-21-2014 03:59 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

I Root For: any UT opponent
Do you guys almost get the feeling this year at QB is just a keep the seat warm kind of thing. I would expect their incoming freshman 3-star this year to probably take the job starting out in 2015.
(This post was last modified: 03-21-2014 04:41 PM by MaddDawgz02.)
03-21-2014 04:41 PM
Advertisement

Doggone Offline
1st String

(03-21-2014 04:41 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  Do you guys almost get the feeling this year at QB is just a keep the seat warm kind of thing. I would expect their incoming freshman 3-star this year to probably take the job starting out in 2015.

Um No.
03-21-2014 05:22 PM
gobaseline Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

I think Hare starts

He left because Peejay wants to run a pro style offense and he wasnt going to get a real shot. Van Tubergren was a 5th year senior with experience and they had another RS freshman QB who too is a pro-style. And yes, they were targeting yet another pro-style QB who did commit.

Maddie was an apple in a bowl of kiwi. He didnt fit in and he made his decision. Absolutley noting about competition. Everything about a change in philosophy with a new HC looking to put his own guys in.

I'd call that smart.
03-21-2014 08:52 PM
DiehardHuskie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Hard Way
My guess is McIntosh will be the starter.
(This post was last modified: 03-21-2014 08:54 PM by DiehardHuskie.)
03-21-2014 08:53 PM
cartershaw Offline
All American

(03-21-2014 04:41 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  Do you guys almost get the feeling this year at QB is just a keep the seat warm kind of thing. I would expect their incoming freshman 3-star this year to probably take the job starting out in 2015.

Who is the 3 star incoming freshman??
03-21-2014 10:49 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.