Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Creighton's First 100 Days
Bookmark and Share
KPJ Offline
1st String

I Root For: EMU
Creighton's First 100 Days
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WCGyNF4...dwBVB_argQ

I think this guy might be on to something special.
03-21-2014 09:51 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: emu
RE: Creighton's First 100 Days
I'll never forget listening to WEMU during the basketball game when they announced the new coach-I kept thinking Dino Babers and when I heard Chris Creighton I said who? Honestly I was not happy. But CC has been a pleasant surprise so far, I like the fact that he pulled together a decent MAC class (see comparison with Chuck Martin) and I like despite some staffing defections (Hart, Stubbenfield) he's pulled together a decent staff and I really like the strength coach resume. There's been more outreach ie for the program. CC strikes me as a decent guy who walks the walk besides talks the talk, a straight shooter, hard worker. And yes we've had those types here before at EMU. I'm shocked in a positive way he hasn't tried to "run off" players as previous coaches have but seems to be more roll up your sleeves get to work and work with what you have.
03-21-2014 10:04 AM
realistEagle Offline
Special Teams

I am really liking this guy so far, I hope he can succeed.
03-21-2014 10:18 AM
Advertisement

KPJ Offline
1st String

(03-21-2014 10:04 AM)emu79 Wrote:  I'll never forget listening to WEMU during the basketball game when they announced the new coach-I kept thinking Dino Babers and when I heard Chris Creighton I said who? Honestly I was not happy. But CC has been a pleasant surprise so far, I like the fact that he pulled together a decent MAC class (see comparison with Chuck Martin) and I like despite some staffing defections (Hart, Stubbenfield) he's pulled together a decent staff and I really like the strength coach resume. There's been more outreach ie for the program. CC strikes me as a decent guy who walks the walk besides talks the talk, a straight shooter, hard worker. And yes we've had those types here before at EMU. I'm shocked in a positive way he hasn't tried to "run off" players as previous coaches have but seems to be more roll up your sleeves get to work and work with what you have.

To me, this is either a testament to his ability to work with anyone or a testament to the fact that English was bringing in quality without getting quality results. Maybe both... Maybe other factors too...
03-21-2014 10:26 AM
emussuperfan Offline
Heisman

(03-21-2014 09:51 AM)KPJ Wrote:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WCGyNF4...dwBVB_argQ

I think this guy might be on to something special.
He asked me to speak to the last Tuesday. I did and it was great I kept it to around 2 minutes I was told I did a good of it there is a picture of me doing in the football photos area. I watch them practice for about 2 hours and I must say I was impressed so far. Not much cursing and they where getting after it (the ball carrier). Still I couldn't see much from ground level but could hear them making contact and getting after the players not doing what being asked of them. A good practice over all though.
03-21-2014 10:27 AM
Advertisement

holybovine Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Eastern Michigan
Nice clip -- excited to see the guys excited!
03-21-2014 10:32 AM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

Not all the negative media is from Detroit or Ann Arbor, witness this except from the Lansing State Journal's Tim Staudt who has a radio show on 530AM. I've had to live in the world revolves around MSU sports and Tim can be very arrogant and rude in my opinion. He doesn't really has much positive to say about about MAC teams even with Enos now coach at CMU. About the only positive things I ever heard from Staudt about EMU was when Schmitt was QB-Staudt covered Andy in high school and thought highly of him which shows at least when it came to Schmitt Staudt had good judgment.

Tough road ahead

New Eastern Michgan football coach Chris Creighton 44 called this week to hype his program. The Eagles play at MSU on September 20.

He has enough problems building interest in the perennial loser Eagles without having to deal with a lousy schedule. EMU draws few fans and then points out were not home after Aug 30 until Oct 11.

Creighton probably had more interest in his Drake team last season then he'll have in Ypsilanti wehre some 300 fans turned out for a tournament basketball game earlier this week.

What is sad about this is that under Genyk EMU and CMU split most of the Div I football prospects in the Lansing area.

I give credit to CC for trying to market the program.
03-23-2014 01:21 PM
Advertisement

Ken Barna Offline
All American

Dear emu79,
Eastern and other schools in the MAC are never going to get any respect, coverage, or time on the radio or television, with the Big Ten "slappies". The only thing Eastern can do is try and defeat the "Biggies" in head to head competition, or at least be competitive when we do have them on the schedule.
I don't know if many on this board saw Eastern's men's swim team defeated MSU's team quite handily during the past season. I hope we can beat them both (U-M, MSU) in baseball and softball this season too.
03-23-2014 01:35 PM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

EMU has a great sports program and a winning traditional however this hasn't extended to men's basketball or football which gets most of the media coverage.
03-24-2014 08:19 AM
Advertisement

ljmhurons Offline
1st String

(03-23-2014 01:21 PM)emu79 Wrote:  Not all the negative media is from Detroit or Ann Arbor, witness this except from the Lansing State Journal's Tim Staudt who has a radio show on 530AM. I've had to live in the world revolves around MSU sports and Tim can be very arrogant and rude in my opinion. He doesn't really has much positive to say about about MAC teams even with Enos now coach at CMU. About the only positive things I ever heard from Staudt about EMU was when Schmitt was QB-Staudt covered Andy in high school and thought highly of him which shows at least when it came to Schmitt Staudt had good judgment.

Tough road ahead

New Eastern Michgan football coach Chris Creighton 44 called this week to hype his program. The Eagles play at MSU on September 20.

He has enough problems building interest in the perennial loser Eagles without having to deal with a lousy schedule. EMU draws few fans and then points out were not home after Aug 30 until Oct 11.

Creighton probably had more interest in his Drake team last season then he'll have in Ypsilanti wehre some 300 fans turned out for a tournament basketball game earlier this week.

What is sad about this is that under Genyk EMU and CMU split most of the Div I football prospects in the Lansing area.

I give credit to CC for trying to market the program.

Tim who?
03-24-2014 12:20 PM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

03-24-2014 12:23 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.