Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

NCAA Tourney General Thread
NBPirate Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Georgetown
NCAA Tourney General Thread
All discussion of AAC teams in the tourney as well as other games discussed here.
03-20-2014 08:09 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

I Root For: UCONN
RE: NCAA Tourney General Thread
Excited for today's games:

12 Harvard vs 5 Cincinnati @ 2:10 on TNT
10 St Joseph's vs 7 UCONN @ 6:55 on TBS
13 Manhattan vs 4 Louisville @ 9:50 on TNT
03-20-2014 08:14 AM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First
(03-20-2014 08:14 AM)HuskyU Wrote:  Excited for today's games:

Harvard is VERY VERY Dangerous for Cincinnati
03-20-2014 08:26 AM
aTxTIGER Online
Carrot Dude Gave Me 10% Warning

I Root For: Fire Jose!!!!!

Donators
Let's go out there and not pull a Mountain West. clap clap clap
03-20-2014 08:41 AM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-20-2014 08:41 AM)aTxTIGER Wrote:  Let's go out there and not pull a Mountain West. clap clap clap

American > MWC...04-cheers
03-20-2014 08:46 AM
aTxTIGER Online

Donators
(03-20-2014 08:46 AM)Maize Wrote:  
(03-20-2014 08:41 AM)aTxTIGER Wrote:  Let's go out there and not pull a Mountain West. clap clap clap

American > MWC...04-cheers

I agree.
03-20-2014 08:52 AM
Advertisement

Melky Cabrera Offline
Bill Bradley

I Root For: UConn
Most of you guys probably have no idea who Manhattan is, the team that Louisville is facing in the opening round. Actually they are one of the stronger mid majors with an RPI ranking around 60 and are among the nation's leaders in defense, rebounding, and shot blocking.

What makes this game interesting I the fact that they are coached by steve Masieloo a former walk-on at UK in the Pitino era, who played on their 1998 national championship team. He went on to become a Pitino assistant at UK for 6 years before he took the Manhattan job

Because their conference tournament was played near where I live and because I am a college basketball junkie, I went to the semi-finals of their conference tournament a couple of weeks ago. I swore sitting there watching that game that I was watching a Pitino coached team. Identical.

When Masiello learned whom he had drawn in the tournament, he just buried his head in his hands. He later commented while shaking his head, "They are just a bigger, better version of us. And they have a better coach, who taught me everything I know."

Louisville is favored by something like 17 points, but who better to keep it interesting than someone who was once a practice player trying to frustrate the Louisville offense? Who better to keep it interesting than an assistant coach who stood by Pitino's side for 6 years listening to Pitino worry about the things an opponent could do to beat his team.

Louisville will win this game, but I'll be watching to see if Masiello has come up with a way for his Manhattan team to make it interesting. Following a coach's strategy is sometimes more fun than rooting for an outcome.
(This post was last modified: 03-20-2014 09:13 AM by Melky Cabrera.)
03-20-2014 09:12 AM
HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

(03-20-2014 09:12 AM)Melky Cabrera Wrote:  Most of you guys probably have no idea who Manhattan is, the team that Louisville is facing in the opening round. Actually they are one of the stronger mid majors with an RPI ranking around 60 and are among the nation's leaders in defense, rebounding, and shot blocking.

What makes this game interesting I the fact that they are coached by steve Masieloo a former walk-on at UK in the Pitino era, who played on their 1998 national championship team. He went on to become a Pitino assistant at UK for 6 years before he took the Manhattan job

Because their conference tournament was played near where I live and because I am a college basketball junkie, I went to the semi-finals of their conference tournament a couple of weeks ago. I swore sitting there watching that game that I was watching a Pitino coached team. Identical.

When Masiello learned whom he had drawn in the tournament, he just buried his head in his hands. He later commented while shaking his head, "They are just a bigger, better version of us. And they have a better coach, who taught me everything I know."

Louisville is favored by something like 17 points, but who better to keep it interesting than someone who was once a practice player trying to frustrate the Louisville offense? Who better to keep it interesting than an assistant coach who stood by Pitino's side for 6 years listening to Pitino worry about the things an opponent could do to beat his team.

Louisville will win this game, but I'll be watching to see if Masiello has come up with a way for his Manhattan team to make it interesting. Following a coach's strategy is sometimes more fun than rooting for an outcome.

I like how every year the committee tries to say that they didn't make these story-line match-ups on purpose, but it was "just the way the seeds fell...."
03-20-2014 09:18 AM
aTxTIGER Online

Donators
(03-20-2014 09:18 AM)HuskyU Wrote:  
(03-20-2014 09:12 AM)Melky Cabrera Wrote:  Most of you guys probably have no idea who Manhattan is, the team that Louisville is facing in the opening round. Actually they are one of the stronger mid majors with an RPI ranking around 60 and are among the nation's leaders in defense, rebounding, and shot blocking.

I like how every year the committee tries to say that they didn't make these story-line match-ups on purpose, but it was "just the way the seeds fell...."

I saw them say that about OSU and Dayton and even the committee head couldn't keep from cracking a smile.

The bull**** just oozes from them.
03-20-2014 09:20 AM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

FYI...we know who they are...lol....they are us since they run the exact same offense and defense as UofL.

It going to be interesting but since it is so late I am going to have to DVR it...basically a 10pm tip off.
03-20-2014 09:20 AM
uccheese Offline
1st String

I Root For: Bearcats
(03-20-2014 08:26 AM)Maize Wrote:  

So are you picking Harvard? Let's get it on record. 07-coffee3
03-20-2014 09:28 AM
Advertisement

Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-20-2014 09:28 AM)uccheese Wrote:  

No...I picked UC...just saying it is a very dangerous game.
03-20-2014 09:35 AM
Bearcat61 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Cincinnati
(03-20-2014 09:35 AM)Maize Wrote:  

Are those times West Coast? My mistake, looks like Eastern.
(This post was last modified: 03-20-2014 09:52 AM by Bearcat61.)
03-20-2014 09:46 AM
HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

(03-20-2014 09:46 AM)Bearcat61 Wrote:  
(03-20-2014 09:35 AM)Maize Wrote:  

Are those times West Coast?

East Coast
03-20-2014 09:51 AM
HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

Admin Tech on UC for not having a guy in the book...?
03-20-2014 01:36 PM
PirateMarv Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
"The Ohio State University" sucketh much.

That is all.
03-20-2014 01:38 PM
Advertisement

b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

Cincy and their typically horrific offense on display again. It's the entire reason I couldn't make myself pick them to go too deep.
03-20-2014 01:43 PM
PirateMarv Offline
Hall of Famer

SMU deserved to be in the NCAA tournament over Colorado. The Buffaloes are getting "Rutgered" by Pitt at the half.
03-20-2014 01:46 PM
CollegeCard Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UofL
Glad the committee not only gave Colorado a bid but a 9 seed based largely on Spencer Dinwiddie leading them to a 14-3 start. When he was lost for the year they essentially became a .500 team, finishing the 2nd half of the year 9-8.

Pitt 46 - CU 18 at the half.
03-20-2014 01:52 PM
MegaCard Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Pomeroy:
28. SMU
68. Colorado

ESPN BPI:
32. SMU
52. Colorado

But it's about the whole "body of work" says the a$$hat from Wake.
03-20-2014 01:54 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.