Southern Miss - 64

Offensive Ranking
Toledo - 21
Southern Miss - 132

Defensive Ranking
Toledo - 266
Southern Miss - 31

Line - at Southern Miss -7

** Southern Miss ranks #4 in the country in defensive rebounds per game.

My thoughts. 55% of betting money is picking Southern Miss to cover -7 against the Rockets at home. I think if I were putting money on the game, I would probably be inclined to also go with Southern Miss -7 after looking at these numbers. The fact that the Eagles rank as the #4 defensive rebounding team in the country and over #31 defensive team in the country with a SOS similar to the Rockets makes me nervous about the Rockets chances tonight. Rockets are going to have to make the most of their first chance opportunities and it's rare that they just have a game where everyone is on in terms of shooting. It looks like to me that the key to this game is going to be to have Juice shooting and passing the ball around until the guys get open looks on the first possession and we'll need Pearson, Drummond, and Booth to be highly efficient on offense. If the Rockets find that one of them has the hot hand (which has been normal throughout the season), they are going to need to start dishing to that hand as often as possible. Can't afford to give the others time to find their footing in a game like this. Southern Miss is simply a decent offensive team so if the Rockets can come out and pressure their two guards (Watson and Craig) and their forward (Boardingham) early on to give themselves a bit of a cushion to hold throughout the game, they may find themselves in a chance to win. However, they are not going to be able to win this game if they employ their usual defense throughout most of the game.

Unfortunately, I don't see the Rockets playing tough D to start the game and I ultimately see Southern Miss coming away with the victory. Definitely a winnable game if the Rockets really want it though.
(This post was last modified: 03-19-2014 06:37 PM by Campbell4President.)
03-19-2014 06:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Toledo Football 1st Offline
All Rockets All The Time

I Root For: T O L E D O

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
RE: Toledo vs. Southern Miss: The Numbers
Let's get this thing on!
03-19-2014 07:15 PM
Nick in Cleveland Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo
Down 34-19 at the half are #s I don't like!

Two straight games of stinking
03-19-2014 08:23 PM
Campbell4President Offline
1st String

(03-19-2014 08:23 PM)Nick in Cleveland Wrote:  Down 34-19 at the half are #s I don't like!

Two straight games of stinking

Yes, unfortunately they don't. 03-hissyfit
03-19-2014 08:35 PM
Advertisement

crusher38 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: USC and Toledo
toledo is kickin ass!! a BIG run in the second half!!
03-19-2014 09:02 PM
Campbell4President Offline
1st String

Pretty much as expected. The line was Southern Miss -7 and they won by 7. This is good for the sports books because the 55% that bought on the Eagles at -7 only get their money back (as opposed to getting their money back and earning a profit) and the 45% that bought on the Rockets gave their money to the books.

But regardless, all signs pointed to a lower scoring game and that is what we got. Hope the Rockets work on their defensive game in the offseason.
03-19-2014 10:10 PM
Rocket75 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
What was the "real" reason Spoon did not start. Was it a physical injury or something else? Lauf supposedly told a tv guy a different reason.
03-20-2014 07:39 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.