Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

belated Rutgers-USF game thread
BugsyCT Offline
1st String

I Root For: UConn
belated Rutgers-USF game thread
3rd qtr, 14-13 USF. Rutty just got a FG.

Ray Rice over 100 yds already - good, tough runner.
09-29-2006 09:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CardFan636 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: "TBCSTIA"

It's anybody's game at this point.
09-29-2006 09:12 PM
CardFan636 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: "TBCSTIA"

53-yard FG. Damn.
09-29-2006 09:54 PM
BugsyCT Offline
1st String

Rice is a monster - over 200 yds tonight.

Heckuva boot by Ito.
09-29-2006 10:07 PM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators

Congratulations Rutgers. A great exciting game. Congrats to USf on a well played game and an exciting atmosphere. These 2 teams played their hearts out. They are pretty even.
09-29-2006 10:26 PM
panite Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Owls-SC-RU-Navy

Rutgers wins 04-rock 04-bow 22-20
09-29-2006 10:26 PM
Advertisement

BugsyCT Offline
1st String

Good win for Rutgers. Good effort by USF as well.
09-29-2006 10:28 PM
L-yes Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

The crowd looked pretty good on TV but it looked like many bailed by the end of the game.

I can't believe USF lost to Kansas. :domokun:
09-29-2006 10:33 PM
Jackson1011 Offline

I Root For:

I have never seen a game were there was a larger crowd in the end zone seats then on the 50 yrd line....but that appeared to be the case tonight

Jackson
09-29-2006 10:40 PM
USFMike Offline
1st String

I Root For:

that one hurt... but grothe despite his 2 bad interceptions, fumble, and bad int grounding call, played his heart out and almost tied that game (not sure if the 2pt conversion was dropped or knocked away, either way the receiver needed to attack that ball), some big catches by amarri jackson as well... i'll feel pretty good about this team after we get back our running back from suspension for north carolina. it's pretty sad that w/ a running game we'd probably be 5-0 and ranked right now... the fans showed up, albeit late arriving as usual, and the band was loud the atmosphere was great, good pub for our program.

at least rutgers gets to stay in the top 25, rice is a very good back. good luck the rest of the way, the big east got a lot of love from the announcers, it's funny how differently they view our conference now that our new tv contract has been signed.
09-29-2006 10:46 PM
USFMike Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Jackson1011 Wrote:I have never seen a game were there was a larger crowd in the end zone seats then on the 50 yrd line....but that appeared to be the case tonight

Jackson

the cameras only show the visitor's side and most of those season tickets have been bought by local businesses and are rarely used, the home side was packed, good showing by the rutgers fans they seemed to blend in w/ the red seats of ray jay.
09-29-2006 10:50 PM
Advertisement

L-yes Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

USFMike Wrote:that one hurt... but grothe despite his 2 bad interceptions, fumble, and bad int grounding call, played his heart out and almost tied that game (not sure if the 2pt conversion was dropped or knocked away, either way the receiver needed to attack that ball), some big catches by amarri jackson as well... i'll feel pretty good about this team after we get back our running back from suspension for north carolina. it's pretty sad that w/ a running game we'd probably be 6-0 and ranked right now... the fans showed up, albeit late arriving as usual, and the band was loud the atmosphere was great, good pub for our program.

at least rutgers gets to stay in the top 25, rice is a very good back. good luck the rest of the way, the big east got a lot of love from the announcers, it's funny how differently they view our conference now that our new tv contract has been signed.

You must have missed the 'Friday Night Debate'. ACC vs. Big East, which is better in 06. Yeah, they actually had one guy state the obvious and the other try and argue that the ACC is the better league because 'its deeper'.
09-29-2006 10:54 PM
brista21 Offline
The Birthplace of College Football

I Root For: Rutgers

Donators

BugsyCT Wrote:Good win for Rutgers. Good effort by USF as well.

That was a bad win for a ranked team. We're still not ready yet. But on the other hand excellent effort Bulls! This conference is exceptionally deep and you guys are one of the primary reasons.
09-29-2006 10:54 PM
USFMike Offline
1st String

I Root For:

brista21 Wrote:

That was a bad win for a ranked team. We're still not ready yet. But on the other hand excellent effort Bulls! This conference is exceptionally deep and you guys are one of the primary reasons.

not really sold on teel and the wr's were almost non factors, but we couldn't stop rice even though we knew he was getting the ball, i thought you guys looked pretty good, it's not easy winning on the road, there's no such thing as a bad win for a ranked team in conference play on the road. 10-2 is a strong possibility, rutgers/pitt should be interesting.
09-29-2006 11:03 PM
brista21 Offline
The Birthplace of College Football

I Root For: Rutgers

Donators

USFMike Wrote:
brista21 Wrote:

not really sold on teel and the wr's were almost non factors, but we couldn't stop rice even though we knew he was getting the ball, i thought you guys looked pretty good, it's not easy winning on the road, there's no such thing as a bad win for a ranked team in conference play on the road. 10-2 is a strong possibility, rutgers/pitt should be interesting.

Most people here have been ready to rip Teel's head off much of the time despite being 5-0 myself included. He really looks lost out there.
09-29-2006 11:12 PM
UCF_Cardinals Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

brista21 Wrote:
USFMike Wrote:
brista21 Wrote:

Most people here have been ready to rip Teel's head off much of the time despite being 5-0 myself included. He really looks lost out there.

Amazing you even _consider_ letting Teel throw deep. Fortunately, he's not even remotely accurate, or South Florida woulda had like four more 2-on-1 jump balls.

Great showing by the Bulls. Next year, with a senior laden team, an experienced Grothe, ANY scholly running back, you're gonna be dangerous.

Big East really needed Rutgers to stay in the top25 though. Them winning is good for the conference.
09-29-2006 11:31 PM
Advertisement

stevej5
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

UCF_Cardinals Wrote:Great showing by the Bulls.

Actually, it was a disappointing showing, except by the QB grothe. And even he made two critical errors on the INTs. We made 3 critical turnovers, and none were forced. All were just stupid blunders. Also, on Rutgers' first TD drive, costly penalties helped them plenty.

Even at the very end, our receiver just flat-out dropped what should have been the game-tying 2-pt conversion.

Very sloppy effort to lose a very winnable game.

Rutgers? They are a one-trick pony running the ball and since they don't have the talent to play smash-mouth against good teams, their goose will be cooked as soon as they face one. Based on their soft schedule so far, no way do they merit top 25 rank.
09-30-2006 12:23 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats

Can't disagree with most of Steve's post, except for the first paragraph:
stevej5 Wrote:Actually, it was a disappointing showing, except by the QB grothe. And even he made two critical errors on the INTs. We made 3 critical turnovers, and none were forced. All were just stupid blunders. Also, on Rutgers' first TD drive, costly penalties helped them plenty.
Grothe's INTs were helped out by Rutgers' pressure. I will agree, though, the fumble was all on him. As the late Howard Cosell would say "like a loaf of bread."

Also, as far as penalties, what's good for the goose... remember USF's LAST touchdown drive was made possible by consecutive Rutgers 15-yarders. The pass interference call on that possession was completely phantom. Whatever happened to "uncatchable ball"?

Gotta agree about RU though. Teel really needs to be much more productive if they want to battle WVU and UL. I do think Leonard/Rice are both good enough to be productive against anyone, but balance is necessary against teams like the aforementioned who can score A LOT.

Despite the mistakes/shortcomings by either team, however, it was certainly an entertaining game. Despite their "sloppiness", USF did make a great comeback attempt with their backs to the wall.
09-30-2006 01:46 AM
stevej5
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

BJUnklFkr Wrote:Can't disagree with most of Steve's post, except for the first paragraph:
stevej5 Wrote:Actually, it was a disappointing showing, except by the QB grothe. And even he made two critical errors on the INTs. We made 3 critical turnovers, and none were forced. All were just stupid blunders. Also, on Rutgers' first TD drive, costly penalties helped them plenty.
Grothe's INTs were helped out by Rutgers' pressure. I will agree, though, the fumble was all on him. As the late Howard Cosell would say "like a loaf of bread."

Also, as far as penalties, what's good for the goose... remember USF's LAST touchdown drive was made possible by consecutive Rutgers 15-yarders.

I'd say that one of the INTs was forced by pressure, the one where he lofted the ball short and they used instant replay to confirm it. The other? Routine pressure and he just threw a terrible ball way over the head of the receiver.

And yes, Rutgers certainly had their sloppy/stupid moments, as evidenced by the penalties that helped USF on the last drive.

The ending sure was exciting, but it wasn't a well-played game on either side.
09-30-2006 06:05 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Jackson1011 Offline

I Root For:

Attendance last night is being reported at 32,493....that's a very nice crowd for a friday night

Jackson
09-30-2006 08:11 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.