Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

I Can't Help But Think We're Losing To GWU
Bookmark and Share
Interminator Offline
The Instigator

I Root For: Memphis
Its that feeling of doubt I've had at several points in the season where I realized that this team was going to be a underachieving squad for the talent level we have.

The ultimate would be to lose in the first round after the embarrassment in the AAC

Is anybody else feeling like this?

No hate to Josh
At this rate we're going to be very mediocre next season with the loss of leadership and mixing in Jucos with the young guys. I think that year will be Josh's biggest test as far as being a head coach.
03-18-2014 09:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bluebacker Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Close Games

Donators
RE: I Can't Help But Think We're Losing To GWU
I think we get by GW maybe even comfortably. I don't like our chances against Virginia though.
03-18-2014 09:35 PM
MemphisTigerPawr Offline
Jesus is the risen LORD and Savior

I Root For: TIGERS

Donators
No, come on now, we are going to do this. You know we are a better team. We laid an egg vs UConn but there were dynamics involved (not excuses but frustrations) I really dont want to go into. I think our guards dominate GW and we will see what happens with Virginia. If we get hot we can whip anybody, and I mean anybody. If we shoot 3-19 from 3 we will lose. This team is due to get hot and I'm hoping they have so much frustration inside right now they take it out on everyone in their way. One other thing, we need to play smart and focused. These players should know they can play with anybody, anywhere. Now is not the time for them or us to hang our heads, its time to pull together and do this. Its not going to end like this. We have had some tough, tough losses this year and I think we are due. We can beat both of these teams.
03-18-2014 09:47 PM
21-17 Best Time I Ever Ha Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MEMPHIS BY DAMN
We can beat both of these teams. No, I don't think we're losing to GW. Just stop it.
03-18-2014 09:50 PM
tiger2000 Offline
I Post By "Feel"

I Root For: $79.95 Boards
Perceptions of seasons are hung on this time of year - it was discussed on the radio the other day and it was fascinating.

I only caught part of it, but it was mentioned that pastner's first year the general consensus was that it was a bad year until the tight game with AZ; went on to discuss vandy which had a great year but underperformed in the tourney and everyone assumed they has a bad year.

Point being: it really is a new season and people have amazingly short memories.
03-18-2014 09:53 PM
SpiderMan79x Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
The golden rule for me the past few years has been the more confident that I am in beating someone the more likely we are to come out like we don't care and get rolled. lol
03-18-2014 09:59 PM
Advertisement

tigerlands Offline
Hall of Famer

This team is odd. They are perfectly capable of beating GW and Virginia. They also could lay an egg in the first game and nobody would be shocked. It just depends on which team shows up. Remember, they were one basket away from beating Florida and beat Loserville twice. And everyone considers those teams Final Four shoo ins.
03-18-2014 09:59 PM
SpiderMan79x Offline
All American

(03-18-2014 09:53 PM)tiger2000 Wrote:  Perceptions of seasons are hung on this time of year - it was discussed on the radio the other day and it was fascinating.

I only caught part of it, but it was mentioned that pastner's first year the general consensus was that it was a bad year until the tight game with AZ; went on to discuss vandy which had a great year but underperformed in the tourney and everyone assumed they has a bad year.

Point being: it really is a new season and people have amazingly short memories.

I think that was CJP's 2nd season, and the first with this year's seniors.
03-18-2014 10:01 PM
tiger2000 Offline
I Post By "Feel"

(03-18-2014 10:01 PM)SpiderMan79x Wrote:  
(03-18-2014 09:53 PM)tiger2000 Wrote:  Perceptions of seasons are hung on this time of year - it was discussed on the radio the other day and it was fascinating.

I think that was CJP's 2nd season, and the first with this year's seniors.

Thanks, you're right - trying to multitask.
03-18-2014 10:04 PM
carrollcountypig Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Sivad
I feel good about the GW game and believe we will give Virginia all they can handle (win or lose). I have been frustrated just like any other Tiger fan lately but i feel this team will make a good showing.
03-18-2014 10:07 PM
grapes Offline
GTG

I Root For: MEMPHIS/AAC
It makes me sick to think about it, im not ready for the game.
Because even if we do win its going to be so close just like every game.
To much is on the line, i might have a heart failure or something.

But really if we do end up winning i think thats about all, we have a team who is perfectly capable of making the sweet 16 or even elite 8, just not in this bracket..
Virginia is going to be Michigan State all over.
03-18-2014 10:08 PM
Advertisement

Pony94 Offline

I Root For: SMU
Memphis fans get freaking out if your heads, you will win. Stop with the drama you want
03-18-2014 10:11 PM
tiger2000 Offline
I Post By "Feel"

(03-18-2014 10:11 PM)Pony94 Wrote:  Memphis fans get freaking out if your heads, you will win. Stop with the drama you want

Yo bartender! Jobu needs a refill!
03-18-2014 10:24 PM
Tigerx3 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
(03-18-2014 10:11 PM)Pony94 Wrote:  Memphis fans get freaking out if your heads, you will win. Stop with the drama you want

How sad is it that a pony is more positive about the Tigers than pretender Tiger fans. 03-puke03-puke03-puke03-puke03-puke04-chairshot03-puke03-puke03-puke03-nutkick
03-18-2014 10:25 PM
elmoshow21 Offline
2nd String

I think having a whole week off was needed after the grind of conference play. You could see the team struggling with their energy and focus most notably the increase in turnovers. It culminated with the Uconn game which was their 4th straight ranked opponent. Having a whole week off, has allowed the coaching staff to go back and work on team fundamentals which were slipping rather than game prep for an opponent. I think we'll see a much sharper and re-energized Tiger team as a result.
03-18-2014 10:26 PM
TigerBill Offline
Imperator Optimus Maximus

I Root For: Liberation

Donators
(03-18-2014 10:25 PM)Tigerx3 Wrote:  

How sad is it that a pony is more positive about the Tigers than pretender Tiger fans. 03-puke03-puke03-puke03-puke03-puke04-chairshot03-puke03-puke03-puke03-nutkick

I thought the OP was gone forever.
03-18-2014 10:41 PM
Advertisement

Mimi Offline
Who farted??

I Root For: reasonableness
Has to suck- really- to be that depressing and negative so much of the time.

I get the self doubting sports fan- better to expect the worst so as not to be disappointed- but good grief.
03-18-2014 10:46 PM
Trapper John Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tigers
(03-18-2014 09:32 PM)Interminator Wrote:  Its that feeling of doubt I've had at several points in the season where I realized that this team was going to be a underachieving squad for the talent level we have.

The ultimate would be to lose in the first round after the embarrassment in the AAC

No hate to Josh
At this rate we're going to be very mediocre next season with the loss of leadership and mixing in Jucos with the young guys. I think that year will be Josh's biggest test as far as being a head coach.
I guess my only question would be that if we are an underachieving squad, then why would losing underachievers equate to a mediocre season next year? It seems odd that you criticize this year's team and yet lament the loss of some of its players at the same time.
03-18-2014 10:52 PM
NigelTufnel Offline
Spelling Bee Champiun

I Root For: Ribs and Beer!
(03-18-2014 09:32 PM)Interminator Wrote:  Its that feeling of doubt I've had at several points in the season where I realized that this team was going to be a underachieving squad for the talent level we have.

No hate to Josh

Honestly, if we lose to GW, what type of leadership are we losing? It may be a good thing to have our leaders be Austin and Shaq.
03-19-2014 09:05 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wylioats Offline
Heisman

No hate to Josh

So, if I read this correctly, we're going to suck against GW and lose. Right? And next year, we're also going to suck, right? Are you always this positive? Buck up dude, life's too short.
03-19-2014 09:10 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.