Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

I wonder if the gut check over the weekend makes the Uconn insider's Big East claim
BE4evah Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Big East
I wonder if the gut check over the weekend makes the Uconn insider's Big East claim
I wonder if what happened over the weekend with the NCAA screwing over the American makes the Uconn insider who has long claimed that uconn has been in negotiations with the Big East more credible.

This guys says that UConn has a three year window, so that it can collect the bulk of the departing schools' exit fee money and tournament credits. He is adamant that UConn will be in the Big East.

As for his credentials, he is definitely close to the Uconn athletic department, and is one of the most prolific posters on the Uconn site.

Looking at the number of sports that Uconn plays, they have several already in the Big East. It looks like they're going to add another sport in hockey that will play in Hockey East. I think almost 1/4 of Uconn sports teams don't play in the AAC.

Now this guy is coming out in full force trying to talk the uconn fanbase off the ledge because of how poorly the AAC was treated and with the loss of louisville and a 20 game schedule potentially destryoing the uconn basketball program. He claims that the Big East is UConn's likely fallback.

After seeing what happened in the AAC this year, I can't blame him. The UConn program can't afford the rpi hit of playing tulsa, ecu, houston usf and ucf twice a year.

But this guy sure claims it will be alright in three years with Uconn in the Big east.
03-17-2014 01:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators
RE: I wonder if the gut check over the weekend makes the Uconn insider's Big East claim
03-lmfao sure, I bet it happens on a Tuesday.
03-17-2014 02:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NBPirate Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Georgetown
RE: I wonder if the gut check over the weekend makes the Uconn insider's Big East claim
Can we just ban this idiot
03-17-2014 02:11 PM
uconnwhaler Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: uconn
What are you talking about, I haven't seen this. And if your source is twitter, well you are an idiot. There is no way the Big East is paying UConn and then taking them back...and they surely don't want a school with large, public resources.
03-17-2014 02:14 PM
MUsince96 Offline
All American

I Root For: Marshall
Where would their football team go? I doubt The American would let them get away with that. Interesting though.
03-17-2014 02:17 PM
HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

I Root For: UCONN
(03-17-2014 02:14 PM)uconnwhaler Wrote:  What are you talking about, I haven't seen this. And if your source is twitter, well you are an idiot. There is no way the Big East is paying UConn and then taking them back...and they surely don't want a school with large, public resources.

He's a UCONN-obsessed troll.
03-17-2014 02:17 PM
Advertisement

Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville
(03-17-2014 02:17 PM)MUsince96 Wrote:  Where would their football team go? I doubt The American would let them get away with that. Interesting though.

D2
07-coffee3
03-17-2014 02:20 PM
HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

(03-17-2014 02:20 PM)Wilkie01 Wrote:  
(03-17-2014 02:17 PM)MUsince96 Wrote:  Where would their football team go? I doubt The American would let them get away with that. Interesting though.

D2
07-coffee3

Another troll spotting!!!!
03-17-2014 02:22 PM
MechaKnight Offline
1st String

I Root For: UCF, UAB, Army
They would have to put their football in the MAC or some FCS league, which will make it harder to make a case for future B1G or ACC membership.
03-17-2014 02:24 PM
pharaoh0 Offline
Triggered by Microaggressions

I Root For: Duke, L'ville

D2
07-coffee3

To me, that made sense when the schools split. But UConn wouldn't have a quality conference to put their football team...unless they've given up on football; because, the American would say don't let the door hit you on the way out. Any other conference would pay them a lot less for football.

It doesn't make any sense and doesn't sound plausible..
03-17-2014 02:28 PM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

(03-17-2014 02:24 PM)MechaKnight Wrote:  They would have to put their football in the MAC or some FCS league, which will make it harder to make a case for future B1G or ACC membership.

But not for D2!
[Image: 13208852-cartoon-vector-mascot-image-of-...d-head.jpg]
03-17-2014 02:30 PM
Advertisement

HartfordHusky Offline
1st String

I don't think it's true but the idea is not without some appeal to most UConn fans. It's going to be hard getting used to playing hoops in this conference and the tourney and selection Sunday have definitely not given anybody the warm and fuzzies about the future of this league.
03-17-2014 02:31 PM
TrojanCampaign Offline
All American

I Root For: USC, AAMU,
(03-17-2014 02:30 PM)Wilkie01 Wrote:  
(03-17-2014 02:24 PM)MechaKnight Wrote:  They would have to put their football in the MAC or some FCS league, which will make it harder to make a case for future B1G or ACC membership.

But not for D2!

That's creepy.
03-17-2014 02:34 PM
TrojanCampaign Offline
All American

I Root For: USC, AAMU,
(03-17-2014 02:31 PM)HartfordHusky Wrote:  I don't think it's true but the idea is not without some appeal to most UConn fans. It's going to be hard getting used to playing hoops in this conference and the tourney and selection Sunday have definitely not given anybody the warm and fuzzies about the future of this league.

Oh no...a conference in it's first year of existence only has four NCCA bids with one of the best programs in all of college basketball at a historic low.

Didn't the prestigious Big East also get four bids? And didn't the SEC only get TWO?

I think it's better than SMU is going to the NIT anyway. They have a legit argument as being one of the best teams in that tournament. And winning the NIT would do more than losing in the first round of the big dance.
03-17-2014 02:45 PM
MrP3242 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: U.Cincinnati
(03-17-2014 01:56 PM)BE4evah Wrote:  I wonder if what happened over the weekend with the NCAA screwing over the American makes the Uconn insider who has long claimed that uconn has been in negotiations with the Big East more credible.

This guys says that UConn has a three year window, so that it can collect the bulk of the departing schools' exit fee money and tournament credits. He is adamant that UConn will be in the Big East.

As for his credentials, he is definitely close to the Uconn athletic department, and is one of the most prolific posters on the Uconn site.

Looking at the number of sports that Uconn plays, they have several already in the Big East. It looks like they're going to add another sport in hockey that will play in Hockey East. I think almost 1/4 of Uconn sports teams don't play in the AAC.

Now this guy is coming out in full force trying to talk the uconn fanbase off the ledge because of how poorly the AAC was treated and with the loss of louisville and a 20 game schedule potentially destryoing the uconn basketball program. He claims that the Big East is UConn's likely fallback.

After seeing what happened in the AAC this year, I can't blame him. The UConn program can't afford the rpi hit of playing tulsa, ecu, houston usf and ucf twice a year.

But this guy sure claims it will be alright in three years with Uconn in the Big east.
That would be one of the dumbest moves of the century.
03-17-2014 03:01 PM
upstater1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UConn
(03-17-2014 01:56 PM)BE4evah Wrote:  I wonder if what happened over the weekend with the NCAA screwing over the American makes the Uconn insider who has long claimed that uconn has been in negotiations with the Big East more credible.

You're talking about Nelsonmuntz on the UConn site.

Just curious: what makes you think he's UConn insider?

No one on that site thinks so. And they've known WaylonSmithers (his previous name) for a decade.
03-17-2014 03:11 PM
Advertisement

upstater1 Offline
1st String

(03-17-2014 02:28 PM)pharaoh0 Wrote:  

D2
07-coffee3

To me, that made sense when the schools split. But UConn wouldn't have a quality conference to put their football team...unless they've given up on football; because, the American would say don't let the door hit you on the way out. Any other conference would pay them a lot less for football.

It doesn't make any sense and doesn't sound plausible..

On your last point, its' not plausible at all. But on your first point, about getting paid a lot less for football, it would be close to impossible to be paid less at this point.
03-17-2014 03:13 PM
upstater1 Offline
1st String

(03-17-2014 02:31 PM)HartfordHusky Wrote:  I don't think it's true but the idea is not without some appeal to most UConn fans. It's going to be hard getting used to playing hoops in this conference and the tourney and selection Sunday have definitely not given anybody the warm and fuzzies about the future of this league.

Most fans?

99.8% (there's one other guy in Nelson's corner) ridicule the notion on the Boneyard.
03-17-2014 03:14 PM
HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

(03-17-2014 03:14 PM)upstater1 Wrote:  

Most fans?

99.8% (there's one other guy in Nelson's corner) ridicule the notion on the Boneyard.

Agreed. The ultimate goal for most G5 programs (whether they express it or not) is to get into the P5. Killing off our football program would also kill any chance of that ever happening.
03-17-2014 03:17 PM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

(03-17-2014 03:17 PM)HuskyU Wrote:  
(03-17-2014 03:14 PM)upstater1 Wrote:  

Most fans?

Agreed. The ultimate goal for most G5 programs (whether they express it or not) is to get into the P5. Killing off our football program would also kill any chance of that ever happening.
I kidded about D2, but their is no way in hell that UConn would drop or down grade its football program!
03-17-2014 03:20 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.