Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Commission to Obama: Drop the military’s ban on transgender service
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
Commission to Obama: Drop the military’s ban on transgender service
To start off, I'd say not knowing your gender is a pretty compelling medical reason.

Quote:There is “no compelling medical reason” for the military to prohibit transgender people from serving openly, and President Obama has the authority to lift the ban without the approval of Congress, according to an independent commission led by former U.S. Surgeon General Joycelyn Elders.

Put another way, a prohibition on trans service members is now and has always been senseless bigotry, plain and simple.

But like the ban on gay and lesbian service members or women in combat rolls, the official prohibition on trans service members does not mean that trans people have not served in the military, just that they have long been forced to do so invisibly.

As the Associated Press notes, the Williams Institute estimates that around 15,500 trans personnel are currently in the military, though many serve under their birth gender and have transitioned in a manner that has not altered their appearance.

Army Reserve Capt. Sage Fox began taking female hormones in 2013 following a deployment to Kuwait. In November, she discussed her transition with her battalion commander and initially believe she may be able to continue to serve with the support of her battalion in spite of the ban. A few days later, she was placed on inactive status, which had nothing to do with her ability to serve.

“When I transitioned, I wasn’t just a good officer, I became a better officer because I didn’t have to deal with that conflict anymore,” she told the Associated Press.

The commission also concluded that facilitating trans service members’ transitions “would place almost no burden on the military,” estimating that approximately 230 trans personnel would seek such surgery each year at an average cost of about $30,000. The panel also found that hormone treatment in such cases is nearly identical in scope to health care services regularly provided to cisgender service members.

The rest is here
03-17-2014 10:43 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

vandiver49 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USNA/UTK
RE: Commission to Obama: Drop the military’s ban on transgender service
If they get rid of the gender bias associated Selective Service then they can have at it.
03-17-2014 10:49 AM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
This is the kind of thing that only the military should decide.
03-17-2014 10:50 AM
EagleX Offline
Wake me when the suck is over

I Root For: Southern Miss
she was bonkers when she was surgeon general under The Clenis. she is apparently still bonkers now.
03-17-2014 11:07 AM
G-Man Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Truth & Justice
They should let the transgender soldiers fight in drag and with makeup on. That would really increase the odds of effectively winning tough combat battles with the enemy.
03-17-2014 11:26 AM
EagleX Offline

(03-17-2014 11:26 AM)G-Man Wrote:  They should let the transgender soldiers fight in drag and with makeup on. That would really increase the odds of effectively winning tough combat battles with the enemy.

"surrender, or I will beat you with my stitched on dick".

yeah, we're gonna scare a lot of people.
03-17-2014 11:30 AM
Advertisement

LSU04_08 Offline
Deo Vindice

I Root For: The Deplorables
(03-17-2014 11:30 AM)EagleX Wrote:  
(03-17-2014 11:26 AM)G-Man Wrote:  They should let the transgender soldiers fight in drag and with makeup on. That would really increase the odds of effectively winning tough combat battles with the enemy.

"surrender, or I will beat you with my stitched on dick".

yeah, we're gonna scare a lot of people.

Actually the fags could keep them busy while the soldiers flanked...
03-17-2014 11:53 AM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

If we put people in positions where they can claim hate, bigotry, and discrimination on their own F-ups, then they will. As soon as something negative happens to a transgender the claims of hate and bigotry will begin to fly and innocent people will possibly be accused.

Quote:PRESTON, Lancashire, March 14, 2014 (LifeSiteNews.com) – An 18-year-old homosexual student, whose Facebook postings showing photos of injuries he alleged were the result of a "homophobic attack" went viral, has confessed that his account of the cause of the injuries was not true.

Richard Kennedy, who studies acting at the University of Central Lancashire, admitted the whole thing was false after police confronted him with closed-circuit television video showing him falling face-first onto the pavement after leaving the Evoque homosexual nightclub shortly after 3:30am on February 26.

[Image: RichardKennedy2-240x182.png]

In his attempt to portray the incident as an "utterly inhumane homophobic attack" on Facebook, Kennedy wrote beneath photos of his injuries, "Here is my face after a homophobic attack: four of my teeth are gone, not fallen out but deep inside my gums and cheek... my face is swollen, both my knees are badly injured and I struggle to walk...All of this and what was their motive? Because of my f****** sexuality."

Kennedy went so far as to repeat his story to a local newspaper. "I heard a group of men shouting homophobic abuse at me," he told the Blackpool Gazette.

"The next thing I know I was punched in the back of the head. I was violently assaulted all because of my sexuality,” he said. “I was covered in blood and had my face stomped on causing my teeth to go into my gums. I might need surgery to amend the damage done. It’s absolutely disgraceful to violently attack someone because of who they are.”

Link
03-17-2014 12:46 PM
LSU04_08 Offline
Deo Vindice

(03-17-2014 12:46 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  If we put people in positions where they can claim hate, bigotry, and discrimination on their own F-ups, then they will. As soon as something negative happens to a transgender the claims of hate and bigotry will begin to fly and innocent people will possibly be accused.

Quote:PRESTON, Lancashire, March 14, 2014 (LifeSiteNews.com) – An 18-year-old homosexual student, whose Facebook postings showing photos of injuries he alleged were the result of a "homophobic attack" went viral, has confessed that his account of the cause of the injuries was not true.

Richard Kennedy, who studies acting at the University of Central Lancashire, admitted the whole thing was false after police confronted him with closed-circuit television video showing him falling face-first onto the pavement after leaving the Evoque homosexual nightclub shortly after 3:30am on February 26.

[Image: RichardKennedy2-240x182.png]

In his attempt to portray the incident as an "utterly inhumane homophobic attack" on Facebook, Kennedy wrote beneath photos of his injuries, "Here is my face after a homophobic attack: four of my teeth are gone, not fallen out but deep inside my gums and cheek... my face is swollen, both my knees are badly injured and I struggle to walk...All of this and what was their motive? Because of my f****** sexuality."

Kennedy went so far as to repeat his story to a local newspaper. "I heard a group of men shouting homophobic abuse at me," he told the Blackpool Gazette.

"The next thing I know I was punched in the back of the head. I was violently assaulted all because of my sexuality,” he said. “I was covered in blood and had my face stomped on causing my teeth to go into my gums. I might need surgery to amend the damage done. It’s absolutely disgraceful to violently attack someone because of who they are.”

Link

I just figured that was a big herpe on his lip... I bet Tom's community was all over this the instant it happened too, cursing and ranting over those mythical homophobes... That heterophobe needs to be charged with a hate crime.
03-17-2014 01:04 PM
EagleX Offline

it's just the beginning. just wait until the cries go up from the bedwetting area of congress because we don't have enough transgendered flag officers.
03-17-2014 01:14 PM
LSU04_08 Offline
Deo Vindice

(03-17-2014 01:14 PM)EagleX Wrote:  it's just the beginning. just wait until the cries go up from the bedwetting area of congress because we don't have enough transgendered flag officers.

It's also sad that half of the stories we hear on hate crimes are made up, and none of the black on white crimes are considered hate. The media focuses on those who think they're oppressed.
03-17-2014 01:24 PM
Advertisement

gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
Well here's the thing about transgendered in the military.. Where would you house them, and this is not me being homophobic or racist or whatever term..

It's a thought. We're building barracks with both men and women sleeping quarters. No men are allowed in the women's quarters and vice versa. So now the US government will have to spend additional money to accommodate this. It's a concern because women are not going to feel safe in the barracks with a man who thinks he's a woman, and men will do God knows what to a woman that thinks she's a man.
03-17-2014 01:30 PM
Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
They have HUGE psychological problems. How does that not disqualify someone from serving?

Jeez, an idiot can look between their own legs and figure it out.
(This post was last modified: 03-17-2014 01:35 PM by Paul M.)
03-17-2014 01:34 PM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
(03-17-2014 01:34 PM)Paul M Wrote:  They have HUGE psychological problems. How does that not disqualify someone from serving?

I have to agree with this.
03-17-2014 01:35 PM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
If a man or woman wants to serve and they are legal citizens they should serve unless they have something that disqualifies them.
03-17-2014 01:35 PM
LSU04_08 Offline
Deo Vindice

(03-17-2014 01:35 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  
(03-17-2014 01:34 PM)Paul M Wrote:  They have HUGE psychological problems. How does that not disqualify someone from serving?

I have to agree with this.

Me too. Even bipolarism can disqualify you.
03-17-2014 01:37 PM
Advertisement

LSU04_08 Offline
Deo Vindice

(03-17-2014 01:35 PM)gdunn Wrote:  If a man or woman wants to serve and they are legal citizens they should serve unless they have something that disqualifies them.

Yep, and a male thinking he needs his own twat doesn't qualify them.
03-17-2014 01:39 PM
Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
You're disqualified for color blindness or flat foot. At least you used to be.
03-17-2014 01:42 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

With Obama downsizing the military and with the military already being picky about who they take, you would think that a person who doesn't even know what gender he is wouldn't even make it through the front door of the recruitment center.
03-17-2014 01:43 PM
JDTulane Offline
Sazeracs and Retirement

I Root For: Peace
"If we put people in positions where they can claim hate, bigotry, and discrimination on their own F-ups, then they will. As soon as something negative happens to a transgender the claims of hate and bigotry will begin to fly and innocent people will possibly be accused."

Soooooo we should have a military with no minorities/diversity whatsoever? This is the dumbest post I've read all day.
03-17-2014 01:50 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.