Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Dickie V on Mike and Mike
Chappy Offline
Resident Goonie

I Root For: ECU
Basically, he agrees with this board. Says only gripe with selection committee was leaving SMU out.

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App
03-17-2014 07:01 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Chappy Offline
Resident Goonie

(03-17-2014 07:01 AM)Chappy Wrote:  Basically, he agrees with this board. Says only gripe with selection committee was leaving SMU out.

Sorry, wasn't done...

And said the entire AAC was disrespected in seeding process.

03-17-2014 07:03 AM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

RE: Dickie V on Mike and Mike
Yeah I thought the only AAC team seeded where they should have been was Memphis. I thought UL should have been a 2, UC a 4, UCONN a 6, Memphis an 8, and SMU a 10. UCONN and UC weren't far off, but the fact that they stuck 3 of the 4 AAC teams in the same region was also strange and disappointing.
03-17-2014 07:15 AM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville
We will just have to prove them wrong. "Just win baby!"
07-coffee3
03-17-2014 07:22 AM
baruna falls Offline
All American

Couple of things. First, great to have all of this publicity. I am sure that a good half of the sports world had no idea who the American is, or what teams are n it. That has certainly changed over the past 24 hours. Second, in this world of 24 hour scrutiny and examination, in the long run we could benefit going forward from a selection committee who might do a better job really looking at the quality of this league and at the very least correct what happen this year, if not over correcting going forward.
(This post was last modified: 03-17-2014 08:22 AM by baruna falls.)
03-17-2014 07:22 AM
Advertisement

bearcatmark Online

I Root For: the Deliverator
(03-17-2014 07:15 AM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  Yeah I thought the only AAC team seeded where they should have been was Memphis. I thought UL should have been a 2, UC a 4, UCONN a 6, Memphis an 8, and SMU a 10. UCONN and UC weren't far off, but the fact that they stuck 3 of the 4 AAC teams in the same region was also strange and disappointing.

Uc was the highest 5 seed. win one of those two vs. uconn or hold on against louisville they probably get a 3 seed. as a uc fan I think we were treated fairly.

UL is really good but they killed their chances at higher seed by getting zero true non-conference scalps. still ended up a top 13 team overall.

I thought memphis was overseeded and uconn was a bit underseeded but neither were too far off.
03-17-2014 07:36 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
upstater1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UConn
(03-17-2014 07:36 AM)bearcatmark Wrote:  
(03-17-2014 07:15 AM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  Yeah I thought the only AAC team seeded where they should have been was Memphis. I thought UL should have been a 2, UC a 4, UCONN a 6, Memphis an 8, and SMU a 10. UCONN and UC weren't far off, but the fact that they stuck 3 of the 4 AAC teams in the same region was also strange and disappointing.

Uc was the highest 5 seed. win one of those two vs. uconn or hold on against louisville they probably get a 3 seed. as a uc fan I think we were treated fairly.

UL is really good but they killed their chances at higher seed by getting zero true non-conference scalps. still ended up a top 13 team overall.

I thought memphis was overseeded and uconn was a bit underseeded but neither were too far off.

UConn was a 5 anyway you cut it.

UConn had the highest SOS in the conference at 22.

I'm not sure what more UConn could have done OOC.

What, Florida, Maryland, Indiana, Stanford, Washington, Harvard, wasn't good enough?

It's not often that you hand the #1 team in the nation one of their 2 losses and beat historical programs like Maryland and Indiana (in down years, albeit, though Maryland beat the ACC's #1 in Virginia & the BE's #1 in Providence, while Indiana beat the B1G's Michigan, Ohio St. and Wisconsin, while Stanford and Harvard made the tourney).

What more really could UConn do OOC? Other than take a whiff of smelling salts before the second half of the Stanford game?
03-17-2014 07:49 AM
Chappy Offline
Resident Goonie

Vitale actually brought this up, and compared Louisville's OOC slate to UVA's. Said UVA's toughest OOC games were vs Wisconsin (10 pt loss) and Tennessee (30 pt loss). Implied that UL deserved #1 seed if UVA did.

03-17-2014 07:51 AM
CollegeCard Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UofL
(03-17-2014 07:49 AM)upstater1 Wrote:  

What, Florida, Maryland, Indiana, Stanford, Washington, Harvard, wasn't good enough?

It's not often that you hand the #1 team in the nation one of their 2 losses and beat historical programs like Maryland and Indiana (in down years, albeit, though Maryland beat the ACC's #1 in Virginia & the BE's #1 in Providence, while Indiana beat the B1G's Michigan, Ohio St. and Wisconsin, while Stanford and Harvard made the tourney).

What more really could UConn do OOC? Other than take a whiff of smelling salts before the second half of the Stanford game?

I can certainly agree that UConn should have been higher than a 7, but they were victims of something you can't control. Your OOC schedule looked much better when it was created and even in December than it looks today.

If previous seasons mattered, UofL as defending champs wouldn't have been a 4 seed. Maryland, Indiana, Washington, & BC play in power conferences, but are all done for the year. None of them even made the NIT.

Stanford was a loss. That leaves two games, and obviously beating Florida is as good as it gets this year. Harvard is a fairly nice win as well over a 12 seed, but is not going to turn a lot of heads.
03-17-2014 07:57 AM
Advertisement

KNIGHTTIME Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: '17 Natty Champ
I agree with the AAC seedlings and it is crap that 4 are in only 2 regions. SMU made themselves out of the NCAA tourney with 3 straight losses. Last one being Houston. If they beat Houston, SMU would have replaced Dayton.
03-17-2014 08:04 AM
upstater1 Offline
1st String

(03-17-2014 07:57 AM)CollegeCard Wrote:  
(03-17-2014 07:49 AM)upstater1 Wrote:  

I can certainly agree that UConn should have been higher than a 7, but they were victims of something you can't control. Your OOC schedule looked much better when it was created and even in December than it looks today.

If previous seasons mattered, UofL as defending champs wouldn't have been a 4 seed. Maryland, Indiana, Washington, & BC play in power conferences, but are all done for the year. None of them even made the NIT.

Stanford was a loss. That leaves two games, and obviously beating Florida is as good as it gets this year. Harvard is a fairly nice win as well over a 12 seed, but is not going to turn a lot of heads.

I'm not here to say UConn deserves a 3 or 4 seed. What I am saying is that UConn's SOS is #22 and that it had 1 loss in OOC, with a pretty good OOC schedule. Somehow, UMass and other schools were seeded ahead of it, even given UConn's strong OOC. It's really inexplicable.
03-17-2014 08:18 AM
Ramen_Tiger Offline
Banned

I Root For: Memphis
How was Memphis overseeded?
03-17-2014 09:24 AM
Bleeds_Purple Offline
All American

I Root For: East Carolina!
The good news is people like Dickie V and others in the media are saying the league got screwed. They could be agreeing with it instead.
03-17-2014 03:51 PM
Advertisement

The Real LHS81 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: SMU
You guys won't be this lucky next year. SMU will have 5 seniors next year, and 2 redshirt juniors. . . Guarantee you 100% this will marinate with the players the entire offseason.
03-17-2014 03:58 PM
jam2112 Offline
2nd String

UConn and Memphis both have A10 opponents.
Time to show everyone that 6 tournament teams was not warranted.
03-17-2014 04:45 PM
uofmcamaro Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Consistency
I felt, based off of some of the other seeds given out to some teams, Memphis and UConn should have been a slot or two higher.
03-17-2014 11:22 PM
fishpro1098 Offline
All American

I Root For: Temple
(03-17-2014 08:04 AM)KNIGHTTIME Wrote:  I agree with the AAC seedlings and it is crap that 4 are in only 2 regions. SMU made themselves out of the NCAA tourney with 3 straight losses. Last one being Houston. If they beat Houston, SMU would have replaced Dayton.

Stuffing 3 teams in one region was an outrage. The A-10 got 6 teams in. How many of theirs are bunched in to one region?
03-17-2014 11:28 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.