Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Jerry Palm is a tool
Bookmark and Share
Funslinger Offline
All American

I Root For: Southern Miss
Jerry Palm is a tool
When asked about the A10 possibly getting 7 bids and C-USA fans complaining that they may only get 1 bid, Palm says, "Yeah, well conference USA needs better players and coach 'em up."

So I guess it means nothing that Charlotte beats Michigan and Kansas State and can't even win 9 games out of 18 in conference. Or that UAB beats North Carolina and Nebraska and likewise can't win 8 out of 17 games in conference.
(This post was last modified: 03-14-2014 11:52 PM by Funslinger.)
03-14-2014 11:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

RUNVSFD MINER Offline
The voice in your head...See?

I Root For: UTEP
RE: Jerry Palm is a tool
[Image: rjndhfjvzdhhl.jpg?w=640&h=360]

I saw that. If he can't find his way around the family tree, what makes anyone think he can find his way around NCAA brackets?!?!

But look at him..... Inbreeding, is gross.
(This post was last modified: 03-14-2014 11:55 PM by RUNVSFD MINER.)
03-14-2014 11:52 PM
PirateMarv Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
Yeah I saw it too and guests on the panel burst out laughing after he said it.
03-14-2014 11:55 PM
Funslinger Offline
All American

(03-14-2014 11:55 PM)PirateMarv Wrote:  Yeah I saw it too and guests on the panel burst out laughing after he said it.

Rothstein burst out laughing. He thinks he knows way more than he actually does. Wally chuckled a bit. Zucker didn't laugh at all.
03-15-2014 12:03 AM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,
Reminds me of Jay Bilas on ESPN about UAB

[Image: burnitdown.png]
[Image: burnbristol.png]

I still got these hanging around in my photobucket account from that time.
03-15-2014 12:07 AM
BeagleUSM Offline
Thrillsville

[Image: palm-tweet-600x713.jpg]
03-15-2014 12:09 AM
Advertisement

PirateMarv Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
(03-15-2014 12:03 AM)Funslinger Wrote:  
(03-14-2014 11:55 PM)PirateMarv Wrote:  Yeah I saw it too and guests on the panel burst out laughing after he said it.

Rothstein burst out laughing. He thinks he knows way more than he actually does. Wally chuckled a bit. Zucker didn't laugh at all.

I don't know any of them except Wally. Their actions were kind of rude.
(This post was last modified: 03-15-2014 12:16 AM by PirateMarv.)
03-15-2014 12:15 AM
STexMiner Offline
All American

I Root For:
(03-14-2014 11:49 PM)Funslinger Wrote:  When asked about the A10 possibly getting 7 bids and C-USA fans complaining that they may only get 1 bid, Palm says, "Yeah, well conference USA needs better players and coach 'em up."

So I guess it means nothing that Charlotte beats Michigan and Kansas State and can't even win 9 games out of 18 in conference. Or that UAB beats North Carolina and Nebraska and likewise can't win 8 out of 17 games in conference.

Yeah, the A-10 getting 7 bids is pretty ridiculous, and we probably have a couple of teams that should be in. But, at some point we have to prove it on the court.

Southern Miss can't play one "named" team all year and lose to them by 30.

UTEP can't play a middle of the road B1G team (Iowa) and lose by 30, can't get swept by NMSU, can't lose 6 games at home, can't lose at home to a team that hasn't won a road game in a decade (UNO), can't spend the month of December playing a bunch of sub-500 teams at home.

La Tech can't have an SOS in the bottom third of the nation.

Middle Tennessee can't lose by double digits to Belmont.

And, probably more importantly and less talked about at this time of the year, we can't have a quarter of the league with 10-22 records or worse.

There's no doubt in my mind that the 4 teams that played tonight could play with anyone in the national. Probably UTEP, too. At some point, we have to do it. The conference has some nice wins, but we need more of them.

Bottom line, from La Tech to Rice, the conference just has to start winning game. The upper tier has to start knocking off some big names. The bottom tier just has to start winning.

Sorry to sound pissy. I really do hope Southern Miss gets in, and I think they deserve it.
(This post was last modified: 03-15-2014 12:18 AM by STexMiner.)
03-15-2014 12:17 AM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

I Root For: PAC 12
(03-15-2014 12:17 AM)STexMiner Wrote:  
(03-14-2014 11:49 PM)Funslinger Wrote:  When asked about the A10 possibly getting 7 bids and C-USA fans complaining that they may only get 1 bid, Palm says, "Yeah, well conference USA needs better players and coach 'em up."

Yeah, the A-10 getting 7 bids is pretty ridiculous, and we probably have a couple of teams that should be in. But, at some point we have to prove it on the court.

UTEP can't play a middle of the road B1G team (Iowa) and lose by 30, can't get swept by NMSU, can't lose 6 games at home, can't lose at home to a team that hasn't won a road game in a decade (UNO), can't spend the month of December playing a bunch of sub-500 teams at home.

And, probably more importantly and less talked about at this time of the year, we can't have a quarter of the league with 10-22 records or worse.

There's no doubt in my mind that the 4 teams that played tonight could play with anyone in the national. Probably UTEP, too. At some point, we have to do it. The conference has some nice wins, but we need more of them.

Bottom line, from La Tech to Rice, the conference just has to start winning game. The upper tier has to start knocking off some big names. The bottom tier just has to start winning.

Sorry to sound pissy. I really do hope Southern Miss gets in, and I think they deserve it.

I agree 100% one radio analyist said CUSA top four were 2-16 vs. top 100.

You can't be a multiple bid league with those kinds of numbers.
03-15-2014 10:35 AM
Funslinger Offline
All American

(03-15-2014 10:35 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  

We can't be 2-16 vs Top 100. Southern Miss alone is 3-4.
(This post was last modified: 03-15-2014 11:06 AM by Funslinger.)
03-15-2014 10:56 AM
Niner National Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
(03-15-2014 10:56 AM)Funslinger Wrote:  

Probably meant in OOC play. Tulsa lost pretty much all of their marquee OOC games.

USM only beat NDSU.

MTSU didn't beat anyone notable that I can recall.

La Tech beat Oklahoma, but I can't think of any other quality programs they beat OOC.
03-15-2014 11:10 AM
Advertisement

STexMiner Offline
All American

I Root For:
(03-15-2014 11:10 AM)Niner National Wrote:  

Probably meant in OOC play. Tulsa lost pretty much all of their marquee OOC games.

USM only beat NDSU.

La Tech beat Oklahoma, but I can't think of any other quality programs they beat OOC.

Just in OOC and just top 50 (not 100):

UTEP beat Tennessee (45)
UAB beat UNC (20)
UAB beat Nebraska (41)
Charlotte beat Michigan (9)
USM beat NDSU (35)
La Tech beat OU (24)
03-15-2014 11:15 AM
Niner National Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
(03-15-2014 11:15 AM)STexMiner Wrote:  
(03-15-2014 12:17 AM)STexMiner Wrote:  Yeah, the A-10 getting 7 bids is pretty ridiculous, and we probably have a couple of teams that should be in. But, at some point we have to prove it on the court.

USM only beat NDSU.

UTEP beat Tennessee (45)
UAB beat UNC (20)
UAB beat Nebraska (41)
USM beat NDSU (35)
La Tech beat OU (24)

Fitbud said the radio host was only talking about the top 4 in the league. Charlotte, UTEP, and UAB did not finish in the top 4.
03-15-2014 11:19 AM
STexMiner Offline
All American

I Root For:
(03-15-2014 11:19 AM)Niner National Wrote:  
(03-15-2014 10:35 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  I agree 100% one radio analyist said CUSA top four were 2-16 vs. top 100.

USM only beat NDSU.

UTEP beat Tennessee (45)
UAB beat UNC (20)
UAB beat Nebraska (41)
USM beat NDSU (35)
La Tech beat OU (24)

Fitbud said the radio host was only talking about the top 4 in the league. Charlotte, UTEP, and UAB did not finish in the top 4.

Didn't see that. Still wrong if he's talking top 100. 2 up there. USM beat Georgia St. (73). MT beat Akron (90). La Tech beat St. Bonaventure (93). Tulsa beat Indiana St. (74).

If he's talking about top 50, I doubt those 4 teams had 18 games against the top 50 OOC.
(This post was last modified: 03-15-2014 11:34 AM by STexMiner.)
03-15-2014 11:32 AM
BamaScorpio69 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Non-AQs
(03-15-2014 12:07 AM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  Reminds me of Jay Bilas on ESPN about UAB

[Image: burnitdown.png]
[Image: burnbristol.png]

I still got these hanging around in my photobucket account from that time.

Those are pretty nice!
03-15-2014 01:35 PM
MTowho Offline
1st String

I Root For: MiddleTennessee
(03-15-2014 11:19 AM)Niner National Wrote:  Fitbud said the radio host was only talking about the top 4 in the league. Charlotte, UTEP, and UAB did not finish in the top 4.

Cherry picking at its finest. If you're talking about the league, talk about the league's merits. If you want to talk about an individual team's merits, talk about that team.
03-15-2014 01:57 PM
Advertisement

DaSaintFan Offline
Dum' Sutherner in Midwest!

(03-15-2014 01:57 PM)MTowho Wrote:  
(03-15-2014 11:19 AM)Niner National Wrote:  Fitbud said the radio host was only talking about the top 4 in the league. Charlotte, UTEP, and UAB did not finish in the top 4.

Cherry picking at its finest. If you're talking about the league, talk about the league's merits. If you want to talk about an individual team's merits, talk about that team.

Exactly.. i went on a rant on the realignment board, cause of that kind of crap "callout" as someone trashed C-USA.. and I kinda actually sorta lost it (in my own way).

BtW... anyone catch what the Wichita State coach said a couple of weeks ago, when he FINALLY got asked about his lightweight schedule? He said... If they want to challenge our record, come tell them to play us on both our court and their court. Until then he basically told them to "STFU".

That's about how I feel lately. You want to whine about the fact we've got good schools that havent played anyone? Then come challenge us to a game on _EQUAL_ footing. This ain't college football, where you only have 4 available OOC games. If you can't fit us in your schedule, then STFU, AD's and coaches and "Sports journalists".
(This post was last modified: 03-15-2014 02:18 PM by DaSaintFan.)
03-15-2014 02:16 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
If the Wichita St. coach posted on this site I'd give him a +3.
03-15-2014 02:30 PM
Funslinger Offline
All American

(03-15-2014 11:32 AM)STexMiner Wrote:  
(03-15-2014 11:19 AM)Niner National Wrote:  
(03-15-2014 10:56 AM)Funslinger Wrote:  We can't be 2-16 vs Top 100. Southern Miss alone is 3-4.

USM only beat NDSU.

UTEP beat Tennessee (45)
UAB beat UNC (20)
UAB beat Nebraska (41)
USM beat NDSU (35)
La Tech beat OU (24)

Didn't see that. Still wrong if he's talking top 100. 2 up there. USM beat Georgia St. (73). MT beat Akron (90). La Tech beat St. Bonaventure (93). Tulsa beat Indiana St. (74).

If he's talking about top 50, I doubt those 4 teams had 18 games against the top 50 OOC.

Plus USM beat NDSU (34). So that's 5 right there.
03-15-2014 07:00 PM
winston70 Offline
All American

I Root For: La Tech

We also need to not have all the 250 rpi schools at the bottom...
03-15-2014 07:07 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.