Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Wow...terrible officiating on the non walk call
Bookmark and Share
nastybunch Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Southern Miss
Wow...terrible officiating on the non walk call
On Tulsa... And then the rookie ref T'd up the coach. Pitiful.
03-14-2014 05:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ThreeifbyLightning Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Univ of Middle Tennessee
RE: Wow...terrible officiating on the non walk call
That's just scratching the surface. That fifth foul on Jones was even worse.

I don't usually criticize officiating, but I'm going to today. We can't score, because we're getting molested everytime we put the ball on the floor. On the other hand Tulsa is getting every hand check and bump. Maybe these refs don't like our head coach? But this has been an awfully one-sided officiated game. This game is over.
(This post was last modified: 03-14-2014 05:19 PM by ThreeifbyLightning.)
03-14-2014 05:17 PM
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Good Guys
If we win it'll be an 8 on 5 win. No offense to Tulsa but these refs are giving the game away.
03-14-2014 05:23 PM
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

And hey look! Another missed walk. I'm watching on the video feed and FOUR steps taken on the last Tulsa layup. FOUR.
03-14-2014 05:24 PM
Advertisement

PirateMarv Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
(03-14-2014 05:23 PM)Ole Blue Wrote:  If we win it'll be an 8 on 5 win. No offense to Tulsa but these refs are giving the game away.

Been there and seen that. ECU played Tulsa in Tulsa a few weeks back and the game was was pretty much even until there were about 5 minutes left in the game; and then the refs started giving phantom calls to Tulsa. The Tulsa guards seem to get away with a lot.
03-14-2014 05:29 PM
TU 1978 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Tulsa
Anytime you have Edsall officiating a game, you're screwed. CUSA would be wise to ban him from all games. There were plenty of screwed up calls against Tulsa as well.
(This post was last modified: 03-14-2014 05:44 PM by TU 1978.)
03-14-2014 05:43 PM
SpaceRaider Offline
All American

I Root For: MiddleTennessee
officiating was poor, but we had to have better play than we did from some key players. 03-banghead

Have gotten used to early departures in conference tournaments, too numb from this particular MT tradition to get too upset. Doubt any MT fan did not think this was a possibility.
03-14-2014 06:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

rabidTU2 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tulsa Univ
MTS has a nice team who I'm sure will still be playing postseason somewhere. I wish our bigger players were as aggressive, athletic and tough. We will need that tomorrow and next year in a great league. Good luck to MTS in the future.
03-14-2014 06:21 PM
Blue Raider Dave Offline
1st String

I Root For: Middle Tenn
(03-14-2014 06:07 PM)SpaceRaider Wrote:  officiating was poor, but we had to have better play than we did from some key players. 03-banghead

Have gotten used to early departures in conference tournaments, too numb from this particular MT tradition to get too upset. Doubt any MT fan did not think this was a possibility.

Unfortunately, I thought it was a PROBABILITY. When the calendar gets to March, let's just say Kermit is not at his best.
03-14-2014 06:25 PM
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

All the time we lose tournaments with Kermit.
03-14-2014 07:21 PM
Advertisement

Heisman

We did not play our best. No doubt and Tulsa deserves some credit for that.

But there was a reason why we committed a season high in turnovers. The hands of the MT ball handler were getting slapped a lot with no calls. Anytime an MT player went to dribble it was a hack fest. We were not afforded the same liberties on the defensive end.

I don't want to belabor the point. I would just much rather lose a game when it was decided by the players. Tulsa has a good team and I kind of felt like they were the better conditioned and made the plays we couldn't. Fantastic turnaround by Tulsa from the first of the season. Like I said in the other thread congrats and good luck Hurricane.
03-14-2014 07:29 PM
invisiblehand Offline
Heisman

I am sorry that there was some room for disappointment with the officiating. As soon as I saw Duke Edsall I knew it was going to be a bad night for one team. Honestly though, we've had so many of those games go against us earlier in the year, it was time we had one go our way.
03-14-2014 07:31 PM
Tulsafanzz Offline
1st String

It's ironic that a Tulsa opponent complains about the refs in game with Duke Edsall as one of the refs. Edsall is infamous among Tulsa fans as our least favorite ref.

Tulsa had something like a 9 game losing streak with Edsall as ref. Most of those games included several horrible calls against Tulsa by Edsall. And yes, we are very objective in our opinions of refs !
03-14-2014 07:54 PM
Advertisement

Heisman

(03-14-2014 07:54 PM)Tulsafanzz Wrote:  It's ironic that a Tulsa opponent complains about the refs in game with Duke Edsall as one of the refs. Edsall is infamous among Tulsa fans as our least favorite ref.

Tulsa had something like a 9 game losing streak with Edsall as ref. Most of those games included several horrible calls against Tulsa by Edsall. And yes, we are very objective in our opinions of refs !

Maybe he knew that and felt he was due to give you a better shake this time. 03-lmfao
(This post was last modified: 03-14-2014 08:20 PM by ThreeifbyLightning.)
03-14-2014 08:20 PM
Tulsafanzz Offline
1st String

(03-14-2014 08:20 PM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  
(03-14-2014 07:54 PM)Tulsafanzz Wrote:  It's ironic that a Tulsa opponent complains about the refs in game with Duke Edsall as one of the refs. Edsall is infamous among Tulsa fans as our least favorite ref.

Maybe he knew that and felt he was due to give you a better shake this time. 03-lmfao

Could be ! I sure hope he is not on the court tomorrow, I don't want to press our luck!
03-14-2014 09:04 PM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
(03-14-2014 06:21 PM)rabidTU2 Wrote:  MTS has a nice team who I'm sure will still be playing postseason somewhere. I wish our bigger players were as aggressive, athletic and tough. We will need that tomorrow and next year in a great league. Good luck to MTS in the future.

MTS? Passive-aggressive are you? 04-chairshot
03-14-2014 09:09 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.