Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Charlotte Needs a Unity
Bookmark and Share
Rabonchild Offline
1st String

I Root For: Charlotte
Charlotte Needs a Unity
The Niner Nation needs unity and the odds are that will mean a change of leadership with the AD & Men's basketball coach. Major has underachieved but it's deeper than that. For many 49er fans (like it or not) he's Judy's first after her professional two timing break up with Lutz.

It appears this year's Halton Arena attendance is the lowest in the 18 years the niners have played in it. If Judy believes in Major enough to give him another year it would be nice if she would agree to bow out with him if next year is a failure.

To increase attendance at Halton it's going to take a change of strategy. Fans are not going to return to watch Big South, Southern Conference, teams. And the big boys from the ACC, SEC ect. are not coming to town. So it's going to take A10, AAC,MWC, Big East teams. Wichita & Gonzaga to turn things around.
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2014 08:28 PM by Rabonchild.)
03-12-2014 07:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Niner National Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
RE: Charlotte Needs a Unity
Even getting A10, Big East, etc caliber programs in Halton will be difficult until we put a few successful seasons behind us.

Major SHOULD be fired after this season, but he won't be. We're stuck with him for another year.

Judy isn't going anywhere unless she decides to retire. When you have a small group of large donors that largely like Judy, they decide her fate, not her performance.
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2014 07:53 PM by Niner National.)
03-12-2014 07:52 PM
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
I just thought of who Major looks like.

Any old Bloom County readers remember Oliver Wendell Jones, Jr.?

[Image: oliver_wendell_jones_in_love_post_cards-...vr_512.jpg]
03-12-2014 08:43 PM
IceJus10 Offline
All American

I Root For: Sports
Charlotte's attendance problem is an inferior product! Mostly that on the court, but advertising and atmosphere are a downer too.
03-13-2014 10:32 AM

Niner National Offline
Heisman

(03-13-2014 10:32 AM)IceJus10 Wrote:  Charlotte's attendance problem is an inferior product! Mostly that on the court, but advertising and atmosphere are a downer too.

This.

Winning will put people back in the arena. The problem is that attendance lags behind winning.

Let's say Charlotte has a great year next year. The arena will be mostly empty because of the disappointing year we had this year (+ the last 7 years).
03-13-2014 10:36 AM
wh49er Offline
All American

(03-12-2014 07:45 PM)Rabonchild Wrote:  The Niner Nation needs unity and the odds are that will mean a change of leadership with the AD & Men's basketball coach. Major has underachieved but it's deeper than that. For many 49er fans (like it or not) he's Judy's first after her professional two timing break up with Lutz.

It appears this year's Halton Arena attendance is the lowest in the 18 years the niners have played in it. If Judy believes in Major enough to give him another year it would be nice if she would agree to bow out with him if next year is a failure.

To increase attendance at Halton it's going to take a change of strategy. Fans are not going to return to watch Big South, Southern Conference, teams. And the big boys from the ACC, SEC ect. are not coming to town. So it's going to take A10, AAC,MWC, Big East teams. Wichita & Gonzaga to turn things around.

How many of these threads are you going to create? You seem to think Judy and Major read the message boards.
03-13-2014 10:43 AM
Niner National Offline
Heisman

(03-13-2014 10:43 AM)wh49er Wrote:  
(03-12-2014 07:45 PM)Rabonchild Wrote:  The Niner Nation needs unity and the odds are that will mean a change of leadership with the AD & Men's basketball coach. Major has underachieved but it's deeper than that. For many 49er fans (like it or not) he's Judy's first after her professional two timing break up with Lutz.

How many of these threads are you going to create? You seem to think Judy and Major read the message boards.
I'm thinking he might be Major.

He and Major are the only people I've ever seen use the phrase "the niner nation"
03-13-2014 10:53 AM

Rabonchild Offline
1st String

I think the two of you are Judy & Major. You don 't have to read what I post. I find it interesting that the two of you would regularly be offended & feel the need to respond. When there is something positive about Niner nation basketball I will be on it as quick as a chicken on a June bug. You ought be happy someone cares enough about Charlotte to even post. There aren't many of us left. Apathy has emptied the building.
03-13-2014 11:05 PM
Niner National Offline
Heisman

Not offended. I mostly agree, you just post the same damn thing over and over again. All your threads are exactly the same.
(This post was last modified: 03-13-2014 11:09 PM by Niner National.)
03-13-2014 11:08 PM
Rabonchild Offline
1st String

(03-13-2014 11:08 PM)Niner National Wrote:  Not offended. I mostly agree, you just post the same damn thing over and over again. All your threads are exactly the same.

Then don't read them. I won't be offended. You respond the exact same way every time. When there is good news I will be on here like a crowing rooster on a picket fence.
03-13-2014 11:25 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2017 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.