New column: A Big Step On Road Back For Legaux

03-12-2014 10:26 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bearcatfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats!
RE: New column: A Big Step On Road Back For Legaux
You really have to admire Munchie for going what he is going through.

03-12-2014 10:44 AM
dossbig Offline
1st String

I Root For: CINCINNATI
I wish him luck but hope to see him at WR and never as starting QB.

03-12-2014 12:19 PM
BearcatMan Offline
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

I Root For: Cincinnati
After what happened to him, if he is even remotely close to his old athletic ability it will be a medical miracle. Hope for the best regardless, I did less than he did and I can't walk without pain anymore.

03-12-2014 12:42 PM
nachoman91 Offline
All American

I Root For: UC Bearcats
(03-12-2014 12:19 PM)dossbig Wrote:  I wish him luck but hope to see him at WR and never as starting QB.

THIS. There is no upside with Munchie as QB.

03-12-2014 12:43 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DMT Offline
Special Teams

With Gran at the helm, it doesn't matter who is quarterback.

03-12-2014 01:42 PM
Advertisement

CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
There is too much depth here for him to play WR this year.

03-12-2014 02:35 PM
SeniorBearcat Offline
I can eat fifty eggs

I Root For: Binturongs

Donators
(03-12-2014 12:43 PM)nachoman91 Wrote:  
(03-12-2014 12:19 PM)dossbig Wrote:  I wish him luck but hope to see him at WR and never as starting QB.

I hope he comes in focused as all get out and has a Justin Jackson like senior season...Munchie's leadership/experience may be what it takes to win in Columbus. Hopefully he is 100% by the start of the season!

"He's doing whatever he needs to do to rehab," said Tuberville. "From six o'clock in the morning to about eight every day and then come back in the afternoon and do it again. It's hours and hours of painful rehab so I'm proud of him. He's stood up to the task and he wants to play his last year. I'm gonna tell ya, he's going to be hard to keep off the field if he keeps working like he's working."

03-12-2014 05:39 PM
subflea Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Free Thinking

DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbs

As bad as he has been at QB, he would be even worse at WR.

03-12-2014 06:48 PM
pat5775 Offline
1st String

(03-12-2014 05:39 PM)SeniorBearcat Wrote:  
(03-12-2014 12:43 PM)nachoman91 Wrote:  

I hope he comes in focused as all get out and has a Justin Jackson like senior season...Munchie's leadership/experience may be what it takes to win in Columbus. Hopefully he is 100% by the start of the season!

"He's doing whatever he needs to do to rehab," said Tuberville. "From six o'clock in the morning to about eight every day and then come back in the afternoon and do it again. It's hours and hours of painful rehab so I'm proud of him. He's stood up to the task and he wants to play his last year. I'm gonna tell ya, he's going to be hard to keep off the field if he keeps working like he's working."

.... S***.

03-12-2014 07:15 PM
Bearcat Otto Offline
1st String

I Root For:
If he takes a snap next year it will be ceremonial only to show that he worked hard to make it back onto the field.

At this point his goal is to limit the number of knee replacements he will have on that knee as he ages.

03-12-2014 07:31 PM
Advertisement

Fubar Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: The Red & Black
He's a Bearcat. I root for him.

03-13-2014 04:45 PM
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
(03-13-2014 04:45 PM)Fubar Wrote:  He's a Bearcat. I root for him.

+1.

I would also add that this kid has been through a tremendous amount of adversity the past couple seasons. A lot of guys would have quit after the 2012 season when he was booed off the field againstt Syracuse. He hung around and in fact was there to support Brendan Kay and others the rest of the seasons. Many would not have put a lot of effort into training camp prior to last season as it looked like Kay was the heir apparent. Munchie worked his butt off and started the game against Purdue. Many would have also quit after getting his leg snapped like a twig at Illinois. Munchie has continued to preservere. I actually admire him for not ever giving up.

03-13-2014 04:52 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
I'm pulling for the kid....has a ton of heart. If he wins the starting job, great. If not, so be it. I'm certainly not rooting against him.

03-13-2014 08:01 PM
subflea Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Free Thinking

DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbs
(03-13-2014 04:52 PM)CliftonAve Wrote:  

+1.

I would also add that this kid has been through a tremendous amount of adversity the past couple seasons. A lot of guys would have quit after the 2012 season when he was booed off the field againstt Syracuse. He hung around and in fact was there to support Brendan Kay and others the rest of the seasons. Many would not have put a lot of effort into training camp prior to last season as it looked like Kay was the heir apparent. Munchie worked his butt off and started the game against Purdue. Many would have also quit after getting his leg snapped like a twig at Illinois. Munchie has continued to preservere. I actually admire him for not ever giving up.

I have a ton of admiration for the kid sticking it out and always having a great attitude. I just don't want him to win the starting job. If he does, it means we have serious issues at QB. Love the heart he shows, just don't think he has the skill set we need under center.

03-13-2014 08:38 PM
pat5775 Offline
1st String

Same.

(03-13-2014 08:38 PM)subflea Wrote:  
(03-13-2014 04:52 PM)CliftonAve Wrote:  

+1.

I have a ton of admiration for the kid sticking it out and always having a great attitude. I just don't want him to win the starting job. If he does, it means we have serious issues at QB. Love the heart he shows, just don't think he has the skill set we need under center.

Also, same. I'll always root for a UC athlete/student/whatever. I have nothing against the man personally. He's clearly a great, hard-working person who does all he can to better himself each and every day.

However, and no offense to Munchie, the thought of him starting another game for UC makes me very nervous. I've seen what he had pre-injury, under both the Butch and Tuberville regimes... I'm not impressed. I'd love for him to be on the sidelines this coming year, and maybe come in for a gadget play or two... but nothing more than that.

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2014 09:47 PM by pat5775.)
03-13-2014 09:47 PM
Advertisement

Bruce Monnin Offline
Hall of Famer

I am not a fan of Legaux playing quarterback.

But, Go Munchie!

03-13-2014 09:57 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DMT Offline
Special Teams

I leave it to the staff(since I have no choice) to decide what is best. Having said that, I expect to see Kiel. Might be a positive having a guy who's been through games before.

03-13-2014 10:01 PM
Dannyboy Offline
All American

I Root For: Bearcats
He has shown tremendous character and determination. He's not a great QB but I'd hire him to work for me.

03-15-2014 08:53 PM
Bearcatbdub Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The 'Cats! duh!
I wouldn't mind seeing him in the wildcat situation a couple of times a game if he could come back healthy. Kid has (had) some wheels and ran the read option better than anyone we've ever had.

However, no thanks on being the starter.

03-16-2014 01:22 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.