I Root For: UAB
Champlin: Football to Get New Practice Turf, Locker Room
03-11-2014 01:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
RE: Champlin: Football to Get New Practice Turf, Locker Room
Of course they use the same old tired attendance shots.
03-11-2014 01:05 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

I didn't notice the pictures on the first go around.

What in the hell does that have to do with the point of the article?
03-11-2014 01:09 PM
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
About damn time.

Quote:I think everyone in America has turf right now.

Nice little dig at the powers that be (whether on the south side or down 59).
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2014 01:19 PM by Smaug.)
03-11-2014 01:17 PM
Advertisement

the_blazerman Offline
Legend

Whatever works.
03-11-2014 01:21 PM
BeliefBlazer Offline
Super Moderator

DonatorsDonators
The photo gallery was put together by Mark Almond a couple of months ago during the coaching search. It was intended to show what facilities we have and which ones need the most improvement.
03-11-2014 01:39 PM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
Oh I know. Just pointing the obvious out.
03-11-2014 01:46 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

mixduptransistor Offline
Hall of Famer

I thought a new football building was "a done deal"? If that's the case, why build new locker rooms onto the old one?
03-11-2014 01:47 PM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

My understanding is the old locker rooms will be renovated and used until the football building is built. Right where it originally was going to go. Maybe the location has changed a little. I will ask the question next time I see Mackin.
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2014 01:50 PM by ATTALLABLAZE.)
03-11-2014 01:49 PM
mixduptransistor Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-11-2014 01:49 PM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  My understanding is the old locker rooms will be renovated and used until the football building is built. Right where it originally was going to go. Maybe the location has changed a little. I will ask the question next time I see Mackin.

It would be nice to clarify. The article says "built next to" the existing football building as if it's a new addition. I hope they do the new locker rooms right, but also cheap, mindful of the fact they will not be using them long.
03-11-2014 01:53 PM
Advertisement

BAMANBLAZERFAN Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB & Bama

BlazerTalk Award
There is open space between the FB offices and the equipment building and additional space between both buildings and the large practice field. Since the new turf is to be installed on the smaller field, it probably won't be a building space (and it could be extended toward University Ave.).

I'll wait to worry about attendance until we put a winning team on the field and it still doesn't improve. I continue to believe a consistently winning team will soon be bringing in between 30,000 and 40,000 on a regular basis at Legion Field -- even without Reuben. I hope UAB finds out in my lifetime.
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2014 02:31 PM by BAMANBLAZERFAN.)
03-11-2014 02:24 PM
mixduptransistor Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-11-2014 02:24 PM)BAMANBLAZERFAN Wrote:  There is open space between the FB offices and the equipment building and additional space between both buildings and the large practice field. Since the new turf is to be installed on the smaller field, it probably won't be a building space (and it could be extended toward University Ave.).

I'll wait to worry about attendance until we put a winning team on the field and it still doesn't improve. I continue to believe a consistently winning team will soon be bringing in between 30,000 and 40,000 on a regular basis at Legion Field -- even without Reuben. I hope UAB finds out in my lifetime.

My concern isn't where they put it, my concern is that the football program has criminally low financial resources already. I would hate for them to waste it on building new locker rooms to only replace them in a year or two.
03-11-2014 03:32 PM
blazerwkr Offline
Heisman

BlazerTalk Award
(03-11-2014 03:32 PM)mixduptransistor Wrote:  
(03-11-2014 02:24 PM)BAMANBLAZERFAN Wrote:  There is open space between the FB offices and the equipment building and additional space between both buildings and the large practice field. Since the new turf is to be installed on the smaller field, it probably won't be a building space (and it could be extended toward University Ave.).

My concern isn't where they put it, my concern is that the football program has criminally low financial resources already. I would hate for them to waste it on building new locker rooms to only replace them in a year or two.

Consider it an short term investment that is much needed to get things going in the right direction as well as show financial commitment for recruits. Granted that it may be some duplication of effort once the full facilities are started in the future
03-11-2014 04:53 PM
Advertisement

Marathon Blazer Offline
Heisman

(03-11-2014 03:32 PM)mixduptransistor Wrote:  

Hopefully, football will only use those less than 5 years. After that, maybe they could be used by soccer, baseball, softball, sand volleyball, and/or track.
03-11-2014 05:36 PM
cb4029 Offline
The spoon that stirs the pot.

I Root For: Deez Nuts

Donators
Why put turf on the smaller field and not the big one? That seems backwards to me. And screw the cost in the future. Do it right, right now. If we incur double cost, blame that crap on the BOT. We could of had all this by now if they stepped up.
03-11-2014 05:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.