Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Any info on where next year's tournament will be?
Bleeds_Purple Offline
All American

I Root For: East Carolina!
Any info on where next year's tournament will be?
Memphis again? Philadelphia would be great. Cincinnati Hartford?
03-10-2014 06:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Pony94 Offline

I Root For: SMU
RE: Any info on where next year's tournament will be?
I have not seen any other threads (yeah right) so I bet on Memphis
03-10-2014 07:12 PM
KnightLight Offline
Legend

I Root For: UCF
Talked to an Athletic Official today...said that while Memphis may get the tourn again and/or on a regular rotation....AAC Officials do want to move it around to other locations/cities too (actual list probably isn't that long though).
03-10-2014 09:44 PM
ECMAN79 Offline
All American

I Root For: ECU
(03-10-2014 06:36 PM)Bleeds_Purple Wrote:  Memphis again? Philadelphia would be great. Cincinnati Hartford?

Bleeds...check the top thread of the board for a 2 page discussion about this....
03-10-2014 10:06 PM
HartfordHusky Offline
1st String

I Root For: UCONN
The XL Center is being renovated for next year. It's still old, but the upgrades could put Hartford into contention. Downtown Hartford is really making serious strides and CT has the local fanbase to support it, so I'd like to see us try to land it.
03-11-2014 11:20 AM
BearcatMan Offline
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

I Root For: Cincinnati
Get ready for an announcement about US Bank Arena in Cincinnati here soon. It could change the plan for 2015-16 Conference Tourney. That's probably why we aren't being considered for the 2014-15 tourney...we won't have an operational venue at that point.
03-11-2014 12:56 PM
Advertisement

PGPirate Offline
Regulator

I Root For: East Carolina
Would any city (neutral or otherwise) have a decent draw from multiple teams?

Or are we looking at a SINGLE city/university providing the vast majority of the tournament fans?
03-11-2014 01:01 PM
HartfordHusky Offline
1st String

(03-11-2014 01:01 PM)PGPirate Wrote:  Would any city (neutral or otherwise) have a decent draw from multiple teams?

Or are we looking at a SINGLE city/university providing the vast majority of the tournament fans?

Our conference really doesn't have very good geography to have a tourney location that is accessible for multiple fanbases. Memphis is probably the most central. Orlando may be the cheapest to get to. All have or are fairly close to major airports though. I think the first few years you want to go where the fanbases are strong for particular members though. Memphis, Cincy, Philly, Hartford, maybe Dallas now. I could see Houston, New Orleans, Tampa, and Orlando all in the mix once the league really cements a following.
03-11-2014 01:11 PM
PGPirate Offline
Regulator

I Root For: East Carolina
(03-11-2014 01:11 PM)HartfordHusky Wrote:  
(03-11-2014 01:01 PM)PGPirate Wrote:  Would any city (neutral or otherwise) have a decent draw from multiple teams?

Our conference really doesn't have very good geography to have a tourney location that is accessible for multiple fanbases. Memphis is probably the most central. Orlando may be the cheapest to get to. All have or are fairly close to major airports though. I think the first few years you want to go where the fanbases are strong for particular members though. Memphis, Cincy, Philly, Hartford, maybe Dallas now. I could see Houston, New Orleans, Tampa, and Orlando all in the mix once the league really cements a following.

That was the whole (some?) Memphis vs. El Paso argument in CUSA.

Memphis was the most central, and easier for travel. Plus their fans could support it.

El Paso was in a far-flung corner, but their fans could support it. Having it there through, pretty much prevented the majority of other fanbases to enjoy it.

Whatever makes the most money, puts on a good product, and makes AAC look good. That is where I want to go.
03-11-2014 01:15 PM
IceJus10 Offline
All American

I Root For: Sports
Based on day 1 attendance of this year... I'd say not Memphis - their hometown fans aren't supporting the rest of the tourney... the women's tourney had better crowds throughout. The worst crowds of any tourney games so far that I've seen on prime time tv.
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2014 06:12 PM by IceJus10.)
03-12-2014 06:10 PM
HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

(03-12-2014 06:10 PM)IceJus10 Wrote:  Based on day 1 attendance of this year... I'd say not Memphis - their hometown fans aren't supporting the rest of the tourney... the women's tourney had better crowds throughout.

02-13-banana COGS 02-13-banana

We love our basketball here in Connecticut.
03-12-2014 06:12 PM
Advertisement

UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators
(03-12-2014 06:10 PM)IceJus10 Wrote:  Based on day 1 attendance of this year... I'd say not Memphis - their hometown fans aren't supporting the rest of the tourney... the women's tourney had better crowds throughout. The worst crowds of any tourney games so far that I've seen on prime time tv.

lol, wut?
03-12-2014 06:14 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MemTiger90 Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis
(03-12-2014 06:10 PM)IceJus10 Wrote:  Based on day 1 attendance of this year... I'd say not Memphis - their hometown fans aren't supporting the rest of the tourney... the women's tourney had better crowds throughout. The worst crowds of any tourney games so far that I've seen on prime time tv.

Based on the way your obviously pushing an agenda and complaining, I'm going to guess you live off the government. Here in memphis, we work. And everybody gets off work around 6, which is when this game started. Plus, it's USF vs Rutgers. Why would a tiger fan leave work early to be there for this? Wait until tomorrow on. Every game will be packed with Tiger fans no matter who is playing. And also, think about it. All of these "other games" you've been watching are at neutral sites. Meaning fans that are there took off work to travel to the tournament. Well our tournament is here, so we didn't have to take off work. Meaning we can't be there for a 6 o'clock game. It wouldn't matter if this tournament was in Louisville, Cincinatti, Orlando, Hartford, etc. this game right now would have a crappy crowd.
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2014 06:27 PM by MemTiger90.)
03-12-2014 06:22 PM
UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators
"Here in memphis, we work."

You sure about that?
03-12-2014 06:27 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TIGERCITY Offline
Hall of Famer

Looks like the fans of the "bottom half" of the conference didn't travel to support their teams. Sort of like CUSA ---
03-12-2014 06:27 PM
tigerjohn Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Memphis has always been a show up late kinda crowd especially for two teams that are bad and didn't bring 10 fans a piece.
03-12-2014 06:30 PM
Advertisement

IceJus10 Offline
All American

(03-12-2014 06:22 PM)MemTiger90 Wrote:  Based on the way your obviously pushing an agenda and complaining, I'm going to guess you live off the government. Here in memphis, we work. And everybody gets off work around 6, which is when this game started. Plus, it's USF vs Rutgers. Why would a tiger fan leave work early to be there for this? Wait until tomorrow on. Every game will be packed with Tiger fans no matter who is playing. And also, think about it. All of these "other games" you've been watching are at neutral sites. Meaning fans that are there took off work to travel to the tournament. Well our tournament is here, so we didn't have to take off work. Meaning we can't be there for a 6 o'clock game. It wouldn't matter if this tournament was in Louisville, Cincinatti, Orlando, Hartford, etc. this game right now would have a crappy crowd.

LOL living off the government? Seriously? You must be a redneck republican who is seriously delusional with yourself and your fan base.

Turn your dial over to ESPN 2 or Fox Sports 1... those two host cities are supporting their tournaments much better and they're all bottom dwelling teams playing today everywhere!

The FedEX Forum looks like past CUSA tourney's not one of a conference with 5 teams in the Top 25... The Summit League had more people at its games the last 3 nights. It feels dead and small time - that was my fear when they named it the host last year - that its not a destination to convince visiting and casual local fans wouldn't support it.
03-12-2014 06:40 PM
MemTiger90 Offline
All American

(03-12-2014 06:27 PM)UofMemphis Wrote:  "Here in memphis, we work."

You sure about that?

Haha I'm talking us Tiger fans that go to games, etc. Not the natives haha
03-12-2014 06:40 PM
IceJus10 Offline
All American

(03-12-2014 06:40 PM)MemTiger90 Wrote:  
(03-12-2014 06:27 PM)UofMemphis Wrote:  "Here in memphis, we work."

You sure about that?

Haha I'm talking us Tiger fans that go to games, etc. Not the natives haha

There were daytime games in Greensboro with more people at lunch than you're delivering after dinner.
03-12-2014 06:41 PM
MemTiger90 Offline
All American

(03-12-2014 06:40 PM)IceJus10 Wrote:  
(03-12-2014 06:22 PM)MemTiger90 Wrote:  Based on the way your obviously pushing an agenda and complaining, I'm going to guess you live off the government. Here in memphis, we work. And everybody gets off work around 6, which is when this game started. Plus, it's USF vs Rutgers. Why would a tiger fan leave work early to be there for this? Wait until tomorrow on. Every game will be packed with Tiger fans no matter who is playing. And also, think about it. All of these "other games" you've been watching are at neutral sites. Meaning fans that are there took off work to travel to the tournament. Well our tournament is here, so we didn't have to take off work. Meaning we can't be there for a 6 o'clock game. It wouldn't matter if this tournament was in Louisville, Cincinatti, Orlando, Hartford, etc. this game right now would have a crappy crowd.

LOL living off the government? Seriously? You must be a redneck republican who is seriously delusional with yourself and your fan base.

Turn your dial over to ESPN 2 or Fox Sports 1... those two host cities are supporting their tournaments much better and they're all bottom dwelling teams playing today everywhere!

The FedEX Forum looks like past CUSA tourney's not one of a conference with 5 teams in the Top 25... The Summit League had more people at its games the last 3 nights. It feels dead and small time - that was my fear when they named it the host last year - that its not a destination to convince visiting and casual local fans wouldn't support it.

Haha dude, 90% of the fans at the ACC tourney right now are fans of teams in the tourney. Not Greensboro locals. And plus, there's a curtain covering the upper deck at Greensboro Colliseum. Like I said, watch the AAC games when tigers fans can get here and you will see how much we support basketball in general and not just the Tigers. It would actually make more sense to put blame on fans of other schools in this tournament. They took off work to come here to memphis. So they could actually be at this game whereas most Memphis fans that work can't. Where are all the Louisville fans that are here in memphis? Cincy fans? Uconn fans?
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2014 06:57 PM by MemTiger90.)
03-12-2014 06:46 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.