How does this play here?
tigertom Offline
"Illegitimus Non Tatum Carborundum"

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Donators
How does this play here?
The money is on this guy.

1. Romney Donors Like Jeb for President in 2016

Mitt Romney raised more than $1.1 billion in his 2012 campaign, and Jeb Bush is the potential 2016 Republican presidential candidate most likely to enjoy support from his donors.

"Every single Romney donor we spoke with this week listed the former Florida governor as their top choice," Wesley Lowery wrote in The Washington Post.

"The donors said that, like Romney, Bush's time as governor proved he can be an effective leader and manager."

Romney donors also consider Bush the most electable of the potential GOP candidates, which the donors believe is the most important asset for a candidate.

"If Jeb Bush is in the race, he clears the field," one major Romney donor told Lowery. "The natural inclination for Mitt supporters would be to gravitate toward Jeb Bush because he's a candidate that can win a national race."

Bush hasn't made up his mind on a White House bid, and has said he will decide later this year, according to The Wall Street Journal.

As for other potential candidates, one Romney donor told Lowery that Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker is "a name to watch," and another said Wisconsin Rep. Paul Ryan "should run."

A Massachusetts donor said that if Bush does not run, Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul would be his top choice.

But a Romney fundraiser commenting on a possible run by New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie said "there is a question of Christie's electability."
03-09-2014 05:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
RE: How does this play here?
If Bush runs against Clinton this country will collectively puke over our insane family politics.
03-09-2014 05:58 PM
tigertom Offline

Donators
It was just a story piece written. I thought it would elicit your kind of reply. Thanks for it. 04-bow
03-09-2014 06:11 PM
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
No more family dynasties!! Jeb Bush would be rejected by the majority of the people. He should be. He is another big government statist. These big GOP donors are great at picking people THEY like that are not electable. They and the GOP bigwigs gave us such choices as Juan McLame and Mitt Romney.

Plus Bush is pushing Common Core, which had its genesis with the U.N.'s Agenda 21. Sustainability, social justice, and other left wing claptrap. The idea is to dumb down the entire world's children and create a bunch of one world government drones unable to reason their way through the world.

No to Bush, no to Clinton. No to Christie.
03-09-2014 06:13 PM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
I have nothing against Jeb; he'd be a good moderate to right Republican and that could be a good thing.
03-09-2014 06:18 PM
Tiguar Offline
All American

I Root For: South Alabama
link?
03-09-2014 10:07 PM
Advertisement

Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
(03-09-2014 05:58 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  If Bush runs against Clinton this country will collectively puke over our insane family politics.
If Jeb/Hillary is the general election matchup, then yes those are my thoughts, exactly. That choice would exemplify, to the nth degree, everything that is dysfunctional, broken, dynastic, deaf, dumb and blind about the 2-party-system.

In the searching-for-silver-linings-department, such a matchup could enable a significant breakthrough by the Libertarian nominee, *IF* that nominee is viewed as broadly credible and well-informed, a la Gary Johnson/2012.
03-09-2014 11:30 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(03-09-2014 11:30 PM)Native Georgian Wrote:  
(03-09-2014 05:58 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  If Bush runs against Clinton this country will collectively puke over our insane family politics.
If Jeb/Hillary is the general election matchup, then yes those are my thoughts, exactly. That choice would exemplify, to the nth degree, everything that is dysfunctional, broken, dynastic, deaf, dumb and blind about the 2-party-system.

In the searching-for-silver-linings-department, such a matchup could enable a significant breakthrough by the Libertarian nominee, *IF* that nominee is viewed as broadly credible and well-informed, a la Gary Johnson/2012.

Will make my voting decision very easy. Of course, there are few R v D possibilities that would make it difficult. I'd vote for Rand, but I still don't think the R establishment would allow him to win the nomination.

I think my optimum 2016 result among outcomes that I see as possible would be President Joe Manchin plus republican majorities in both houses of congress. That would put us back about where we were with Clinton. If Joe and the R leaders (hoping not Boehner and McConnell) can work together the way Ike worked with Rayburn and LBJ, we could actually start getting better instead of worse.
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2014 06:06 AM by Owl 69/70/75.)
03-10-2014 06:03 AM
Hitch Offline
1st String

I Root For: Maryland
The name "Bush" on a general election ballot will be toxic. While incredibly flawed, at least the Clinton administration garners fond economic memories.
03-10-2014 08:13 AM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
Nightmare scenario: Jeb Bush and Hillary Clinton are the two nominees in 2016, making it another Bush-Clinton election. Shoot me now.

I give it 50/50 odds.
03-10-2014 08:41 AM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
(03-10-2014 08:41 AM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  Nightmare scenario: Jeb Bush and Hillary Clinton are the two nominees in 2016, making it another Bush-Clinton election. Shoot me now.

I give it 50/50 odds.

Bush is going to have a hell of a time getting the nomination if Cruz runs. Cruz simply won't make the mistakes palinbachmanncainperry made and, unlike Gingrich, has no skeletons in the closet.
03-10-2014 09:19 AM
Advertisement

Hitch Offline
1st String

I Root For: Maryland
(03-10-2014 09:19 AM)EverRespect Wrote:  
(03-10-2014 08:41 AM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  Nightmare scenario: Jeb Bush and Hillary Clinton are the two nominees in 2016, making it another Bush-Clinton election. Shoot me now.

I give it 50/50 odds.

Bush is going to have a hell of a time getting the nomination if Cruz runs. Cruz simply won't make the mistakes palinbachmanncainperry made and, unlike Gingrich, has no skeletons in the closet.

Cruz also will have near zero support from within the GOP. If Cruz wants to launch a coup of the Republican party, he's going to have to be better prepared to go it alone.
03-10-2014 09:32 AM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
(03-10-2014 09:32 AM)Hitch Wrote:  
(03-10-2014 09:19 AM)EverRespect Wrote:  

I give it 50/50 odds.

Cruz also will have near zero support from within the GOP. If Cruz wants to launch a coup of the Republican party, he's going to have to be better prepared to go it alone.

True, but if he polls well the support will come. Already seeing it happen in Texas.
03-10-2014 09:41 AM
Crebman Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

I give it 50/50 odds.

God I hope not. Let's just give the American people more of what they don't need. A bit like more Miley Cyrus airtime, except these clowns can affect your everyday lives.

Clowns doesn't really fit - how about statists.
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2014 10:02 AM by Crebman.)
03-10-2014 10:02 AM
tigertom Offline

Donators
(03-09-2014 10:07 PM)Tiguar Wrote:  link?

Is this what you are looking for? This link is where the story originally came from.
http://news.newsmax.com/?ZK4D.swjHCOlmsg...6_03092014
03-10-2014 11:07 AM
Machiavelli Offline
Back to Reality. Oh there goes Gravity

I Root For: BGSU
What about a Clinton/Bush ticket with Jeb taking over for the 2nd term. I oftened wondered what it would have been like if McCain accepted Kerry's overtures.
03-10-2014 11:12 AM
Advertisement

LSU04_08 Offline
Deo Vindice

I Root For: The Deplorables
I'll just keep my hopes alive for the *homophobic homo, Bobby Jindal.

*Lazy Tom calls him a homophobe, Redwing Tom calls him a homo.
03-10-2014 11:23 AM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
I still don't know why Gulliani is not seen as a good candidate. He's a moderate republican with a fantastic history of running something. He'd get my vote in a heart beat.
03-11-2014 01:03 AM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
The horror...The horror.
03-11-2014 05:31 AM
firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UF, UCF

Bush/Clinton II the rematch.
03-11-2014 08:36 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.