Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Free tickets to the SBC MBB Tourney
Bookmark and Share
ajg Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: GSU
Free tickets to the SBC MBB Tourney
OK, so my wife and I went to Troy for the disappointing GSU-Troy MBB game.

After the game, we went out for dinner and spoke to a older couple of Troy fans for about 10 seconds while waiting for the hostess to notice us.

After being seated we had a nice Mexican dinner and afterwards the waiter told us that the check had been taken care of. After some prompting he told us it was the older couple who picked up our tab.

When I questioned the gentleman waiting in line to pay, he just said, "Troy Hospitality, pay it forward."

With that in mind, I have two ticket books for the MBB tourney in NOLA and wont be attending play-in games or quarterfinals. I am going with my wife and kids and although I would like to just watch basketball, the family should see some sights.

To repay my anonymous fiend in Troy, I would like to get these tickets to someone who needs them. I will pay for priority mail shipping to ensure you get them before you leave.

So I will make two mailings one for each side of the bracket. PM me if you need the extras and let me know who you support. First PM from each side of the bracket gets two tickets for the play in game and quarterfinals on that side of the bracket.
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2014 03:23 PM by ajg.)
03-09-2014 03:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CajunExpress Offline
1st String

I Root For: Louisiana
RE: Free tickets to the SBC MBB Tourney
(03-09-2014 03:17 PM)ajg Wrote:  OK, so my wife and I went to Troy for the disappointing GSU-Troy MBB game.

After the game, we went out for dinner and spoke to a older couple of Troy fans for about 10 seconds while waiting for the hostess to notice us.

After being seated we had a nice Mexican dinner and afterwards the waiter told us that the check had been taken care of. After some prompting he told us it was the older couple who picked up our tab.

When I questioned the gentleman waiting in line to pay, he just said, "Troy Hospitality, pay it forward."

With that in mind, I have two ticket books for the MBB tourney in NOLA and wont be attending play-in games or quarterfinals. I am going with my wife and kids and although I would like to just watch basketball, the family should see some sights.

To repay my anonymous fiend in Troy, I would like to get these tickets to someone who needs them. I will pay for priority mail shipping to ensure you get them before you leave.

So I will make two mailings one for each side of the bracket. PM me if you need the extras and let me know who you support. First PM from each side of the bracket gets two tickets for the play in game and quarterfinals on that side of the bracket.

You might want to experience the best mouthful of food ever at Drago's in Fat City. Fat City is located in Metairie right off Cause Way Blvd. It is about fifteen minutes to the UNeaux lakefront arena. You like oysters, you'll love Drago. You love seafood, some of the best. They also are on #2 Poydras.

Some wonderful bristro food. Mr. B's Bristro in the heart of the French Quarter. For Sunday Jazz Brunch try the Grillards and grits. The Palace Cafe' always good. Extreme elite eating? Commanders Palace. Really too many great places to name um all. Paul Prudhomne created of blackened red fish. In the French Quarter K Paul's Louisiana Kitchen on Chartress St.

He and I grew up about a block from each other, his dad and my dad both were in the grocery business. That is how I know some of his tales are simply that TALL tales. He was about six years my elder, but I played with his brothers and sisters.
03-09-2014 04:08 PM
ajg Offline
Water Engineer

(03-09-2014 04:08 PM)CajunExpress Wrote:  
(03-09-2014 03:17 PM)ajg Wrote:  OK, so my wife and I went to Troy for the disappointing GSU-Troy MBB game.

You might want to experience the best mouthful of food ever at Drago's in Fat City. Fat City is located in Metairie right off Cause Way Blvd. It is about fifteen minutes to the UNeaux lakefront arena. You like oysters, you'll love Drago. You love seafood, some of the best. They also are on #2 Poydras.

Some wonderful bristro food. Mr. B's Bristro in the heart of the French Quarter. For Sunday Jazz Brunch try the Grillards and grits. The Palace Cafe' always good. Extreme elite eating? Commanders Palace. Really too many great places to name um all. Paul Prudhomne created of blackened red fish. In the French Quarter K Paul's Louisiana Kitchen on Chartress St.

He and I grew up about a block from each other, his dad and my dad both were in the grocery business. That is how I know some of his tales are simply that TALL tales. He was about six years my elder, but I played with his brothers and sisters.

thanks for the recommendations. I am definitely looking forward to next weekend. Drago's sounds really cool and is close to where we are staying.
03-09-2014 04:25 PM
Advertisement

wh49er Offline
All American

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
(03-09-2014 04:08 PM)CajunExpress Wrote:  You might want to experience the best mouthful of food ever at Drago's in Fat City.

I could eat those charbroiled oysters forever. Last meal type of stuff.
03-10-2014 12:17 PM
ajg Offline
Water Engineer

If anybody needs my extras please let me know so I can get them to you.
03-10-2014 01:43 PM
Advertisement

CajunExpress Offline
1st String

I Root For: Louisiana
I would love them, but unfortunately this year am grounded. Good thing this venue is around for a couple more seasons. Will love some new friends and foes at the tournament. Good luck giving away FREE stuff, some people are NOT paying attention.
03-10-2014 01:46 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(03-10-2014 01:46 PM)CajunExpress Wrote:  I would love them, but unfortunately this year am grounded. Good thing this venue is around for a couple more seasons. Will love some new friends and foes at the tournament. Good luck giving away FREE stuff, some people are NOT paying attention.

The problem with giving away tourney tickets is 95 percent of the people who are planning to go to the tourney, most likely already purchased tickets.

That means the group he'd have to advertise to are locals, since most fans of our of state teams won't be able to travel on short notice like this. Makes it hard to find people willing to take the tickets on.
03-10-2014 02:06 PM
Advertisement

It's The Talons Offline
1st String

I Root For: USM/GSU
I need some!
03-10-2014 02:13 PM
ajg Offline
Water Engineer

Stalls, I need your address. I tried to PM you for it but you have PM turned off on your account.

It's the Talons, the tickets I am giving away are the play-in and quarterfinals. GSU doesn't play until the semis, so I won't be able to help you.

Hope to see you down there however, you will know me by the royal blue fedora. I would be happy to buy you a beer.

I have tickets left on the UTA, ULM, UL-L side of the bracket. PM me if you want them!
03-10-2014 02:53 PM
Advertisement

It's The Talons Offline
1st String

I Root For: USM/GSU
(03-10-2014 02:53 PM)ajg Wrote:  Stalls, I need your address. I tried to PM you for it but you have PM turned off on your account.

It's the Talons, the tickets I am giving away are the play-in and quarterfinals. GSU doesn't play until the semis, so I won't be able to help you.

Hope to see you down there however, you will know me by the royal blue fedora. I would be happy to buy you a beer.

I have tickets left on the UTA, ULM, UL-L side of the bracket. PM me if you want them!

I'll come by and say hello.
03-10-2014 03:50 PM
ajg Offline
Water Engineer

I still have play in and quarterfinals tickets left on the UTA, ULM, UL-L side of the bracket. Last chance to PM me if you want them!

I need to set an 11:00 eastern cutoff because I need to get them shipped. I will ship them overnight to get them to you tomorrow if you are leaving for NOLA and need them by then. Include your address for shipping.

Stalls, I got you address and I still can't PM you back. Do you leave Thursday or Friday for NOLA? I need to know when you need them to arrive.
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2014 07:17 AM by ajg.)
03-11-2014 07:15 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.