Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

EKU
Colonels12 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: EKU
EKU
Well here we go guys all our nothing on the line tonight.

2 of the best 3 point shooting teams for the OVC.

Good luck I know I'm excited.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk
03-08-2014 09:35 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Bruin2002 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Belmont
RE: EKU
(03-08-2014 09:35 AM)Colonels12 Wrote:  Well here we go guys all our nothing on the line tonight.

2 of the best 3 point shooting teams for the OVC.

Good luck I know I'm excited.

Congrats colonel12 on a great win. I saw where you were getting a lot of grief from the Murray fans, so I guess it makes the win a little sweeter for you.

I expect a great game tonight. Of course I would like to win, but I didn't expect us to get this far this year, so win or lose it was a good year for us.

Whoever takes this game, I hope we make some OVC noise in the Big Dance.
03-08-2014 10:14 AM
Colonels12 Offline
Water Engineer

My biggest fear is fatigue. I mean I got more sleep than our team did probably and didn't play an intense game and I'm exhausted. You guys also got an extra day of rest. I'm not complaining it was earned.

03-08-2014 10:25 AM
ClemsonBrad Offline
Water Engineer

(03-08-2014 10:25 AM)Colonels12 Wrote:  My biggest fear is fatigue. I mean I got more sleep than our team did probably and didn't play an intense game and I'm exhausted. You guys also got an extra day of rest. I'm not complaining it was earned.

Should be a great game tonight. Congrats on the big win against Murray. You all hit the big shots at big moments and didn't back down...very impressive.

Some great entertainment over at the Racer board this morning...lots of little shots at Belmont.
03-08-2014 10:52 AM
ClemsonBrad Offline
Water Engineer

Also, just a heads up for everyone. If you still have a student ID of ANY kind from ANY college, last night you could go to the ticket stand and buy a GA ticket for only 5 bucks. Pretty UNREAL deal. I'm not sure if it will be that way tonight for the championship game, but I would bring it just in case if you don't already have a ticket.
03-08-2014 11:44 AM
Colonels12 Offline
Water Engineer

Wow that's a crazy deal vs $30

03-08-2014 11:48 AM
Advertisement

BruinsFan31 Offline
Bench Warmer

There is always shots at Belmont on their boards. I think it is funny they are rooting for Eastern to win "because its not like Belmont would win a game in the big tourney anyway." While we have yet to win a tourney game, EKU is winless as well (0-7).

Sorry Belmont hasn't played division 1 ball since the 40's. Murray's first tournament appearance was in 1964 and they only went one more time in the next 23 years, before losing 10 tournament games in a row. I wish Murray Fans would quit acting like they have such a rich history. Belmont's first tournament game was in 2006 and we have a chance to go to our 7th already, since joining D1 in 1996. Murray joined D1 (i think) in 1948, and their first appearance came 17 years later. 17 years into our program we had 6 appearances.

At the end of our game last night, after talking to some very nice Murray fans (one owned the Dairy Queen is Murray and told me to stop by next year when we play up there), another fan came up and asked us to leave his seats. We gladly got up and apologized that we had taken their seats (there was an obnoxious lady sitting next to me). As I walked past him he said "good luck in the NIT." I laughed it off. When I got home, I wanted to see the discussion on their boards regarding their losing effort. I found that he had posted this:

Just got to Muni and some Belmont fans were occupying our seats. I politely asked them to move, but wished them "Good luck in the NIT". It was sweet.

While his statement could prove to be valid if we lose tonight, at least we are going somewhere. I guess we can wish Murray fans good luck in the preseason tournament they choose to play in next year.

Good luck to EKU. I am glad the OVC championship will be represented by the conferences two best teams again this year.
(This post was last modified: 03-08-2014 01:23 PM by BruinsFan31.)
03-08-2014 01:02 PM
HenryMuto Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UK-OSU-XU-CSU-KSU
Well I hate that both you guys and my Cleveland State team plays at 7 PM I really wanted to watch both games. I guess I will have to flip back and forth.

Here is hoping you can take this one down and finally win an NCAA tournament game.
03-08-2014 03:47 PM
HenryMuto Offline
Bench Warmer

12-0 EKU ????????
03-08-2014 07:13 PM
Colonels12 Offline
Water Engineer

:)

03-08-2014 07:14 PM
HenryMuto Offline
Bench Warmer

Let's go Belmont get your head out of your @SS
03-08-2014 07:30 PM
Advertisement

BruinsFan31 Offline
Bench Warmer

Cosey is lights out
03-08-2014 07:34 PM
Colonels12 Offline
Water Engineer

Even I'm surprised How well EKU has been.

03-08-2014 08:01 PM
HenryMuto Offline
Bench Warmer

This is the problem with conf tournaments what a waste of a regular season. At the very least the #1 seed should get to host the tournament as a reward for a regular season then if they lose so be it.
03-08-2014 08:54 PM
Colonels12 Offline
Water Engineer

Um it's in Nashville how is it not a home game?

03-08-2014 08:55 PM
HenryMuto Offline
Bench Warmer

I am sad to see Belmont not make it to the NCAA's again but Good luck in the NCAA tournament Eastern Kentucky. Hopefully you can pull a major shocker.
03-08-2014 09:16 PM
Advertisement

HenryMuto Offline
Bench Warmer

(03-08-2014 08:55 PM)Colonels12 Wrote:  Um it's in Nashville how is it not a home game?

Is that Belmont's home floor the one they play their home games on ?
03-08-2014 09:17 PM
Colonels12 Offline
Water Engineer

No but look How much closer it is to Belmont than any other school.

03-08-2014 09:24 PM
ClemsonBrad Offline
Water Engineer

Congratulations to EKU. I thought they outplayed us, were the better team last night, and just wanted it more. The 12-0 run to start the game was just devastating. They are too good of a team for us to get in a hole like that. They were hot last night making their shots, but what about our defense? Most of their looks were great looks. We didn't make it very difficult for them.

I give them credit that they always responded with a big shot. The same thing happened with the Murray St. game the night before...... anytime we got some momentum going and scored some points....they would come right back and nail a shot and really kill momentum for us. Even when we finally came back and tied the game, they went on a huge run to put us away. They just never caved in.

Overall, they deserved the win. I'm disappointed. I really felt like we should have won the game last night before it started. Hats off to our boys for fighting hard and coming back after being down, but we just didn't seem to quite fully have it last night. We missed a lot of shots I thought we typically make on a given night.

Still a great season. I think we definitely beat all expectations for us and a wonderful coaching job by Byrd all season, but I think even he would agree, that I wish we had that game back last night and could do it over again.
03-09-2014 11:27 AM
msuowns Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: murray
good luck in the nit.
03-09-2014 06:04 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.