Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Womens bracketology. WTF?
Bookmark and Share
stanman505 Offline
All American

I Root For: UTEP
Womens bracketology. WTF?
This is an update of Charlie Creme's bracketolgy.

He has MTSU as a #7 seed which is about right. Could be as high as a #5 seed in my opinion.

He has UTEP in the next four out and doesn't even have USM anywhere. USM has an RPI of 36 and UTEP has a 41.

Teams he has getting at large bids and ahead of both teams are:
Florida St. #44 last four IN
USC #49 first four out
Florida #66 last four In
Creighton #68 first four out
Washington #72 first four out

I really think that USM and UTEP deserve an at large bid if either makes it to the finals of the CUSA tournament against MTSU.
03-05-2014 08:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,
RE: Womens bracketology. WTF?
I just hope ECU can make that WNIT.
03-05-2014 08:36 PM
Stephen Shirley Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Middle TN
(03-05-2014 08:02 PM)stanman505 Wrote:  This is an update of Charlie Creme's bracketolgy.

He has MTSU as a #7 seed which is about right. Could be as high as a #5 seed in my opinion.

He has UTEP in the next four out and doesn't even have USM anywhere. USM has an RPI of 36 and UTEP has a 41.

USC #49 first four out
Florida #66 last four In

I really think that USM and UTEP deserve an at large bid if either makes it to the finals of the CUSA tournament against MTSU.

Neither team "deserves" an at-large based upon their weak OOC scheduling. Southern Miss has the better argument though based on a better finish to the season and the best win in the entire league (over MT). But just to make sure no one had any room to complain, UTEP went out and lost tonight to FAU.
03-05-2014 09:55 PM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,
(03-05-2014 08:36 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  I just hope ECU can make that WNIT.

Getting beat by ODU probably means we need a good CUSA tourney run.
03-05-2014 09:57 PM
nastybunch Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Southern Miss
36 RPI and 11 straight easily deserve a bid
(This post was last modified: 03-05-2014 10:07 PM by nastybunch.)
03-05-2014 10:07 PM
USMSTUD Offline
Banned

(03-05-2014 10:07 PM)nastybunch Wrote:  36 RPI and 11 straight easily deserve a bid

Locked up the #2 seed in the CUSA women's tournament with an 80-77 win at UNT tonight. Great job by JLM and the Lady Eagles.
03-05-2014 10:10 PM
Advertisement

STexMiner Offline
All American

I Root For:
If UTEP or USM get to the championship game, I could easily see the loser (assuming they lose to MT) getting an at-large.

If UTEP doesn't make it, they really don't have anyone but themselves to blame. They did the heavy lifting (beating USM, ECU, Tulane), but 3 of their 4 conference losses were WTF-worthy (Charlotte, UNT, FAU). Losing to FAU by 30 tonight, even without Kayla Thornton, is probably going to leave the committee with a bad taste in their mouth.
(This post was last modified: 03-05-2014 10:38 PM by STexMiner.)
03-05-2014 10:31 PM
RUNVSFD MINER Offline
The voice in your head...See?

I Root For: UTEP
(03-05-2014 09:55 PM)Stephen Shirley Wrote:  
(03-05-2014 08:02 PM)stanman505 Wrote:  This is an update of Charlie Creme's bracketolgy.

USC #49 first four out
Florida #66 last four In

Neither team "deserves" an at-large based upon their weak OOC scheduling. Southern Miss has the better argument though based on a better finish to the season and the best win in the entire league (over MT). But just to make sure no one had any room to complain, UTEP went out and lost tonight to FAU.

At least you're consistent.
03-05-2014 10:33 PM
Thegoldstandard Offline
Heisman

USC #49 first four out
Florida #66 last four In

What is not consistent with these talking heads is BYU. They are in on most every bracket, yet their sos is worse than ours. What it goes down to is these clowns are gonna yell over and over we are a 1 bid league. If we happen to get a second or third team in for say 3 straight years, they will still be screaming one bid.
You see media bias every day. If you want to see one sided news, watch cnn or nbc. If you want to see it the other way watch fox. These guys are the brothers and sisters of the other clowns. Problem is there isn't a opposing view like with the news.
03-05-2014 11:55 PM
randaddyminer Offline
Banned

I Root For: UTEP miners

USC #49 first four out
Florida #66 last four In

I will give the mtsu fan base this, they are pretty cocky when it comes to women bball. How many national titles have you guys won?
03-06-2014 12:33 AM
ecumbh1999 Offline
Keeper of the Code

I Root For: East Carolina
(03-05-2014 09:57 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  
(03-05-2014 08:36 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  I just hope ECU can make that WNIT.

I want to see the video of the fouls, 22 to 12? One player for ODU getting 18 FTA?

One of our players fouls out, 4 with 4 fouls, 3 with 3

ODU, 1 with 4, 2 with 3............
03-06-2014 01:30 AM
Advertisement

LSU Law Greenie Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
Does anyone have the bracket?
03-06-2014 01:35 AM
blazers9911 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB
Survivor Runner-up
(03-05-2014 11:55 PM)Thegoldstandard Wrote:  

USC #49 first four out
Florida #66 last four In

What is not consistent with these talking heads is BYU. They are in on most every bracket, yet their sos is worse than ours. What it goes down to is these clowns are gonna yell over and over we are a 1 bid league. If we happen to get a second or third team in for say 3 straight years, they will still be screaming one bid.
You see media bias every day. If you want to see one sided news, watch cnn or nbc. If you want to see it the other way watch fox. These guys are the brothers and sisters of the other clowns. Problem is there isn't a opposing view like with the news.

The problem with your complaining about the media is they don't select the tournament teams. The selection committees are pretty consistent, and if you do what they ask, you'll get in. The media does not select the teams that get in, so who cares what they think?
03-06-2014 08:35 AM
Stephen Shirley Offline
2nd String

(03-05-2014 10:31 PM)STexMiner Wrote:  If UTEP or USM get to the championship game, I could easily see the loser (assuming they lose to MT) getting an at-large.

If UTEP doesn't make it, they really don't have anyone but themselves to blame. They did the heavy lifting (beating USM, ECU, Tulane), but 3 of their 4 conference losses were WTF-worthy (Charlotte, UNT, FAU). Losing to FAU by 30 tonight, even without Kayla Thornton, is probably going to leave the committee with a bad taste in their mouth.

USM is the one with the shot at the at-large bid. But it could certainly go either way for them. It almost might depend on how close the championship game was. The win over MT is as good a win as any other bubble team will be able to tout. But the lack of more top-100 wins OOC will be the big negative in the room.

UTEP can blame those three "bad" losses in conference play as the major reason they won't see their name come Selection Monday. But theirs would still be an uphill climb based upon the weak OOC slate and lack of top-100 wins.
03-06-2014 10:00 AM
Stephen Shirley Offline
2nd String

(03-06-2014 01:35 AM)LSU Law Greenie Wrote:  Does anyone have the bracket?

Charlotte travels to UAB Friday night to make up a game. The result impacts seeds 6-8.

#1 MT vs winner of #8 Charlotte/UAB vs (#9 FAU vs #16 Marshall)
#4 Tulane vs winner of #5 ECU vs (#12 FIU vs #13 North Texas)
#2 Southern Miss vs winner of #7 ODU/UAB vs (#10 Tulsa vs #15 UTSA)
#3 UTEP vs winner of #6 ODU/Charlotte vs (#11 Rice vs #14 LaTech)

**Edited to correct bad schedule reporting from earlier.**
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2014 05:09 PM by Stephen Shirley.)
03-06-2014 10:19 AM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion

You really think your men's team could compete in the WNIT? 05-stirthepot
03-06-2014 10:29 AM
Advertisement

WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
(03-06-2014 12:33 AM)randaddyminer Wrote:  

USC #49 first four out
Florida #66 last four In

I will give the mtsu fan base this, they are pretty cocky when it comes to women bball. How many national titles have you guys won?

Even better question would be how many Final Fours for MTSU?
03-06-2014 10:50 AM
Monarchist13 Offline

I Root For: ODU
(03-06-2014 01:30 AM)ecumbh1999 Wrote:  
(03-05-2014 09:57 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  

I want to see the video of the fouls, 22 to 12? One player for ODU getting 18 FTA?

One of our players fouls out, 4 with 4 fouls, 3 with 3

ODU, 1 with 4, 2 with 3............

Seriously? ECU started fouling to lengthen the game. That'll happen when you're down consistently by 10 in the second half. Close enough to think you have a shot, but down by enough where you need to foul to limit the opponent's opportunities.
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2014 11:11 AM by Monarchist13.)
03-06-2014 11:09 AM
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Good Guys
(03-06-2014 10:50 AM)WKUFan518 Wrote:  
(03-06-2014 12:33 AM)randaddyminer Wrote:  

USC #49 first four out
Florida #66 last four In

Even better question would be how many Final Fours for MTSU?

Again with the "history is more important than now" argument. WKU you aren't here yet, don't bring the ole tricks around just yet.

MT has a currently excellent program. We schedule hard and we play hard, and I think Coach Insell said it well that we go out and play the tough teams that others won't. We don't set our wins, we challenge the program. That's not something you see a lot... We at MT are fiercely proud of our women's basketball program.
03-06-2014 12:20 PM
DrBox Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tulane
Southern Miss' basketball teams somehow have these high RPIs, without playing many high end teams ooc. That's what's hurting them: lack of top 50 Ws.
03-06-2014 03:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.