WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

NIU 3rd most wins in the last 50 games
Kimbosucks Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU/Boat Drinks
NIU 3rd most wins in the last 50 games
Very impressive. PJ has his work cut out. Makes it even more impressive when you see how bad their QB flopped at the combine.

FIFTY GAMES
1. Oregon 44-6
2. Alabama 43-7
3. Northern Illinois 42-8
Stanford 42-8
5. Boise State 41-9
Florida State 41-9
LSU 41-9
03-05-2014 07:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

NIU05 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TRUTH
RE: NIU 3rd most wins in the last 50 games
College QB has nothing to do with NFL QBing. See Tim Tebow, one of the greatest college football players of all time.

The MAC changes and my beloved may not always be sitting pretty. I definitely believe Miami will be back and WMU's recruiting class is WOW something is going to happen with that core. Bronco fans sit tight its going to be a bumpy ride.
03-05-2014 08:09 PM
Kimbosucks Offline
Heisman

(03-05-2014 08:09 PM)NIU05 Wrote:  College QB has nothing to do with NFL QBing. See Tim Tebow, one of the greatest college football players of all time.

The MAC changes and my beloved may not always be sitting pretty. I definitely believe Miami will be back and WMU's recruiting class is WOW something is going to happen with that core. Bronco fans sit tight its going to be a bumpy ride.

Trust me, I understand that just pointing out that his measurables didn't turn out to be that great. His production was truly impressive and so has been the consistency of NIU over the past several seasons with different coaches and players.

I think that the new coaches in the league that have came from smaller schools scare me and that does include Martin at Miami. I wanted Martin to take our job instead of PJ but Cubit and Kelly had a relationship that kept Martin from even looking at us, IMO.

If it is not bumpy now at WMU, I shutter to think how it could get bumpier.
03-05-2014 08:24 PM
broncofan1 Offline
All American

I Root For: Broncos
It's a credit to Lynch and Lefevour that they could lead such successful programs with limited skill sets. Great leadership abilities can take you far in the MAC. I thought we had some of that with Carder, but...

Do you think Chance brings that kind of intensity/leadership?
03-06-2014 11:54 AM
ColinApocalypse Offline

I Root For: WMU
(03-06-2014 11:54 AM)broncofan1 Wrote:  It's a credit to Lynch and Lefevour that they could lead such successful programs with limited skill sets. Great leadership abilities can take you far in the MAC. I thought we had some of that with Carder, but...

He seems to already be a vocal leader, and he's not even on campus yet. I think he has the potential to take this program to the next level, especially with the talent he has to work with.
03-06-2014 11:57 AM
7 Offline
The Pride of the Midwest

I Root For: NIU
I think it has less to do with leadership and more to do with the offensive system NIU runs. About as QB friendly of a system as you could possibly play in.

Lynch was durable/tough as hell. That was his best quality.
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2014 12:19 PM by 7.)
03-06-2014 12:18 PM
Advertisement

Kimbosucks Offline
Heisman

(03-06-2014 12:18 PM)7 Wrote:  I think it has less to do with leadership and more to do with the offensive system NIU runs. About as QB friendly of a system as you could possibly play in.

Lynch was durable/tough as hell. That was his best quality.

I truly believe that your kind of system is how to win at the MAC level. You have to have a mobile qb with the ability to throw. A qb that can make plays with his feet and his arm. Add in zone read schemes and bam you have a contender.
03-06-2014 04:35 PM
Kimbosucks Offline
Heisman

(03-06-2014 11:57 AM)ColinApocalypse Wrote:  
(03-06-2014 11:54 AM)broncofan1 Wrote:  It's a credit to Lynch and Lefevour that they could lead such successful programs with limited skill sets. Great leadership abilities can take you far in the MAC. I thought we had some of that with Carder, but...

He seems to already be a vocal leader, and he's not even on campus yet. I think he has the potential to take this program to the next level, especially with the talent he has to work with.

My worry is that he was not able to take his high school team to the next level. The conference he plays in is not a real high level conference compared to Ohio and southern state leagues. Great players should be able to take teams to a higher place. Sturgis made a regional final in the last decade playing in the same league. I hope I am wrong but my best qb's carried our teams to places my school had never been.
03-06-2014 04:41 PM
ColinApocalypse Offline

That's a good point Kimbo. He may not have had a lot of weapons around him in, but great players (QBs in particular) can carry their teams through the season, especially at the HS level.

That being said, I personally like what I see in his film. He has great size, a strong arm and the mobility to keep plays alive.
03-06-2014 05:01 PM
Broncobelt Offline
All American

^Kimbo - Was it just the QB, or a good QB under the tutelage of a good coach? And please don't be unduly modest with your answer. I suspect it is more than just the QB.
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2014 05:03 PM by Broncobelt.)
03-06-2014 05:02 PM
Kimbosucks Offline
Heisman

(03-06-2014 05:02 PM)Broncobelt Wrote:  ^Kimbo - Was it just the QB, or a good QB under the tutelage of a good coach? And please don't be unduly modest with your answer. I suspect it is more than just the QB.

I am sure it is a little of both but I had two special qb's come through(one I developed from a 7th grader who was the first and one who I only got for his senior year). There are a lot of ways for a coach to win at the high school level but I learned to develop qb's. I really missed out this season and next season because I had a kid that was going to be special and ended up leaving school after I resigned.

Colin, I have met a bunch of people that worked with and or grew up with Chance and they all have great things to say. I like mobile qb's which he is not especially at the college level. So if he can learn how to read defenses and put the ball where it needs to be then pair that with good wide receivers and some time from the Oline. Maybe we will have something. I don't expect him to come in and start. The best qb(arguably) ever at WMU started his red shirt freshman year and set the record for INT's and his coach got fired. Sooooo... That was Lester by the way.
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2014 05:12 PM by Kimbosucks.)
03-06-2014 05:11 PM
Advertisement

Kimbosucks Offline
Heisman

(03-06-2014 05:02 PM)Broncobelt Wrote:  ^Kimbo - Was it just the QB, or a good QB under the tutelage of a good coach? And please don't be unduly modest with your answer. I suspect it is more than just the QB.

I am not the brightest guy in the world (running down head first on kickoffs while also playing linebacker for 5 years didn't help) but I have learned how to develop a qb inside of a spread option offense. I believe in putting all the decision making I can to the guy who is ready to take the snap. My last 7 seasons I didn't call the direction of a single play. My qb's could check out of almost any play IF they had the ability to know how to get us in the right play. Is it the best way to do things? I don't know but kids sure have fun and when you only have around 22 players. Using film study and teaching the game was one way of getting an edge over our opponents. Sometimes we were just not good enough but many times we were. I miss teaching my offense the most other than just being with my players. Practice and Film were the best part of coaching, not friday nights or playoff games. We don't even talk about that stuff very often when we get together. I could go on and on about this. I do know that my last 5 qb's could run my offense right now at the drop of a hat. They might not be able to teach it but they could go out and run my base offense. I need to write a book for myself so I don't have to post this boring **** on here then burn it when I finish writing it.
03-06-2014 05:53 PM
Kimbosucks Offline
Heisman

I just posted to myself back to back... How sad it is to be a football coach with no team. But I will not coach again until my son is done playing sports. His junior high coach who is a former Toledo qb bugs him everyday to get me to help coach next season. I am at every practice but I sit way off up on the hill and watch. Don't think it is going to happen.
03-06-2014 05:58 PM
Broncobelt Offline
All American

The kids were lucky to have you as their coach, Kimbo. I'm sure you taught them more than just football.
03-06-2014 09:17 PM
NIU05 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TRUTH
(03-06-2014 09:17 PM)Broncobelt Wrote:  The kids were lucky to have you as their coach, Kimbo. I'm sure you taught them more than just football.

+1

Loved his quote from earlier - "I believe in putting all the decision making I can to the guy who is ready to take the snap. My last 7 seasons I didn't call the direction of a single play. My qb's could check out of almost any play IF they had the ability to know how to get us in the right play"

I absolutely hate it when watching a game and everyone is looking at the coach as to what to do. Those teams seem to **** themselves in tight spots because they can't think for themselves. Let the players learn and they have to study and keep their eyes open to get better.

BTW,by bumpy road I meant there will be some great wins and some bad beats along the road, it ain't going to be all good.
03-06-2014 11:42 PM
thegeneral Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU, OU
I'd buy your book kimbo.
03-07-2014 07:59 AM
Advertisement

Kimbosucks Offline
Heisman

(03-06-2014 11:42 PM)NIU05 Wrote:  
(03-06-2014 09:17 PM)Broncobelt Wrote:  The kids were lucky to have you as their coach, Kimbo. I'm sure you taught them more than just football.

+1

Loved his quote from earlier - "I believe in putting all the decision making I can to the guy who is ready to take the snap. My last 7 seasons I didn't call the direction of a single play. My qb's could check out of almost any play IF they had the ability to know how to get us in the right play"

I absolutely hate it when watching a game and everyone is looking at the coach as to what to do. Those teams seem to **** themselves in tight spots because they can't think for themselves. Let the players learn and they have to study and keep their eyes open to get better.

BTW,by bumpy road I meant there will be some great wins and some bad beats along the road, it ain't going to be all good.
I had a three year break as head coach because of back surgery. I inherited a about who was a senior and great kid but was taught nothing about football. After an intense winter ans summer of film work with the qb. After the scrimmage (we destroyed Niles who had 800 or so students and we had 160) the qb came to me and said it is like playing a video game I am in control of everything. We ended up going 10-2 losing to Muskegon Catholic central at home in a close regional final. It is the best season in our history. That qb that knew nothing ended up being all state and scored the 13th most rushing tds in Michigan history. We never ran up the score and he only played in 3 4th quarters. Fun stuff.

Now that Toledo qb is texting my wife trying to talk me into coaching my son. I always said I would never coach him. Sort of thinking about it. He wants me to run the defense which I know a thing or two about. But I fell in love with coaching my offense.
03-07-2014 11:33 AM
Kimbosucks Offline
Heisman

(03-07-2014 07:59 AM)thegeneral Wrote:  I'd buy your book kimbo.

I want you to write a manual for wmu students who attend sporting events and encourages those who dont to start. Now that would be something.
03-07-2014 11:35 AM
broncofan1 Offline
All American

I Root For: Broncos
(03-07-2014 11:35 AM)Kimbosucks Wrote:  

I want you to write a manual for wmu students who attend sporting events and encourages those who dont to start. Now that would be something.

I would promote the heck out of that book and make it mandatory reading for all incoming freshmen.
03-07-2014 03:36 PM
DesertBronco Offline
Banned

I Root For: 9 wins ASAP!!
(03-07-2014 03:36 PM)broncofan1 Wrote:  
(03-07-2014 11:35 AM)Kimbosucks Wrote:  

I would promote the heck out of that book and make it mandatory reading for all incoming freshmen.

2nd. Some of my best college memories are going to Bronco sporting events and feeling part of something. Living in the dorms where a lot of athletes lived also helped with that, they would personally thank you for attending, football, hockey, swimming, hoops, you name it they appreciated the support.
03-07-2014 03:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.