Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Official Game Thread: AST Round 2 @ FGCU (L 64-69)
Bookmark and Share
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators
Official Game Thread: AST Round 2 @ FGCU (L 64-69)
Atlantic Sun Tournament Bracket

Date: March 6th, 2014

Time: 6:30 PM

Opponent: Florida Gulf Coast (21-11, 14-4 ASUN)

Place: Alico Arena

Television: CSS

Webcast: ESPN 3 (Free)

Radio online: ETSUBucs.com (Free)

FGCU 2013-2014 Schedule

FGCU 2013-2014 Roster
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2014 08:40 PM by ETSUfan1.)
03-04-2014 10:10 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

etsubuc Offline
All American

I Root For: ETSU
RE: Official Game Thread: AST Round 2 @ FGCU
I hope nobody is offended by this or takes this as a negative, but I expect us to get destroyed in this game. After a double OT game, having to travel to FGCU, the #1 seed and a great home atmosphere- I don't know how many people really expect us to be competitive.
03-04-2014 10:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bucfan81 Online
Heisman

(03-04-2014 10:23 PM)etsubuc Wrote:  I hope nobody is offended by this or takes this as a negative, but I expect us to get destroyed in this game. After a double OT game, having to travel to FGCU, the #1 seed and a great home atmosphere- I don't know how many people really expect us to be competitive.

You got that right.
03-04-2014 10:29 PM
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

Donators
We'll most likely lose, but you never know. Maybe it's destiny...
03-04-2014 10:37 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
shampoo Offline
All American

I Root For: blue and gold
Bartow gets first NCAA win in his tenure...lol.
03-04-2014 10:39 PM
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

Donators
Could be....against Texas Southern in the play-in game.
03-04-2014 10:41 PM
Advertisement

MercerFan Offline
Orange & Black

I Root For: The Bears

Donators
If ETSU and Mercer win it will be an all-SoCon final.
03-04-2014 10:48 PM
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

Donators
And the ASUN commissioner will not have a fun night.
03-04-2014 10:50 PM
Mister Jennings Offline
1st String

There is nothing better than being an ETSU fan. You just tuned out because you don't like reading the writings of a lunatic. I started my ETSU experience in 1974 as a freshmen majoring in broadcasting and journalism with business classes sprinkled in. I fell in love with the place the first time I heard about it, researched it and then toured it. Those days ETSU was not competitive...the days of former Buc player Leroy Fisher trying to coach getting pulverized by schools like Maryland by 40+. When Les Robinson showed up...it all changed. It's really changed under Brian Noland. I'm so glad we have a leader who believes. In the next twenty years...I'm predicting a sweet sixteen but I don't think Murry's going to be the coach when it happens....we will see. Happy days are here again but Noland needs to think like Robinson...think big....fix the fire marshal issues with the goal of twelve-thousand crowds once again. I just hope the hay isn't in the barn on going small with this Freedom Hall mentality. The dome gives you that...room to boom. Think big Bucs!
03-04-2014 11:03 PM
Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

I Root For: ETSU/Mid Majors
(03-04-2014 10:39 PM)shampoo Wrote:  Bartow gets first NCAA win in his tenure...lol.

You say that jokingly but FGCU is beatable. ETSU is battle tested, FGCU had a light cruise in round one.
I can't remember back to back games that ETSU stunk it up this year like they did for part of the Lipscomb game. Don't count them out, especially if Petey can somehow give it a go. I know some of ya'll don't like him because he makes the occasional dumb mistake, but they seem play better when he starts.
I'm calling it, Bucs pull the stunner for win 19.
03-04-2014 11:17 PM
Bucfaithful Offline
Heisman

(03-04-2014 11:17 PM)Buccaneerlover Wrote:  
(03-04-2014 10:39 PM)shampoo Wrote:  Bartow gets first NCAA win in his tenure...lol.

You say that jokingly but FGCU is beatable. ETSU is battle tested, FGCU had a light cruise in round one.
I can't remember back to back games that ETSU stunk it up this year like they did for part of the Lipscomb game. Don't count them out, especially if Petey can somehow give it a go. I know some of ya'll don't like him because he makes the occasional dumb mistake, but they seem play better when he starts.
I'm calling it, Bucs pull the stunner for win 19.

I don't if we'll win, but I suspect this game will be close. If we get them on their heels on their home floor, we have a great shot.
03-04-2014 11:24 PM
Advertisement

swvabucsfan Offline
All American

FGCU is 13-1 at home in Fort Myers (oops, 14-1 after tonight). They have not lost to an ASun team there all year. The only team that has beaten them there is a very good Iona team, which is now 20-9 and in first place in the Metro Atlantic. Remember that Iona team that scraped by us 83-80 a couple of years ago in the Dome in a great CIT tournament game? This one is bigger and better.

So wouldn't that make it sweet if the Bucs could win one there? Imagine the collars getting tighter as the clock ticks down if the game is still close? Heck, they've already lost to Lipscomb, Jacksonville, Radford,.... Oh, yeah.

And to ETSU.

If only it weren't a 14 1/2 hour drive.
(This post was last modified: 03-04-2014 11:40 PM by swvabucsfan.)
03-04-2014 11:34 PM
JWBUC Offline
1st String

I Root For: ETSU Bucs
Official Game Thread: AST Round 2 @ FGCU
We'll they might blow us away. On the other hand it's March Madness ! I for one will enjoy this one tonight and let tomorrow worry about tomorrow .
Go Bucs !

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App
03-04-2014 11:39 PM
etsubuc Offline
All American

Bartow this morning on the radio did not seem optimistic about Riley- said his injury looked pretty bad at the end of the game last night.

If we do not have McClain or Riley, are we going to have KGG being the point guard against the conference 1 seed? Or an inexperienced Devin Harris? Do we have to play Halvorsen?
03-05-2014 08:29 AM
Bucster Offline
All American

(03-05-2014 08:29 AM)etsubuc Wrote:  Bartow this morning on the radio did not seem optimistic about Riley- said his injury looked pretty bad at the end of the game last night.

If we do not have McClain or Riley, are we going to have KGG being the point guard against the conference 1 seed? Or an inexperienced Devin Harris? Do we have to play Halvorsen?

Not what I wanted to hear about Riley. If Riley AND McClain are out we'll have a very hard time competing with FGCU. Although I kind of suspect Riley will play, the kid is tough and regardless if they play or not Devin Harris needs to be out there, which I've been saying all year.
(This post was last modified: 03-05-2014 09:34 AM by Bucster.)
03-05-2014 09:21 AM
Bucfaithful Offline
Heisman

(03-05-2014 08:29 AM)etsubuc Wrote:  Bartow this morning on the radio did not seem optimistic about Riley- said his injury looked pretty bad at the end of the game last night.

Oh no...
03-05-2014 09:34 AM
Advertisement

etsuBucsFan1988 Offline
Millennial Grief Counselor

I Root For: ETSU Hoops
Did they say what kind of injury? I was thinking it was just cramping. Riley must play if we are to have any hope.

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App
03-05-2014 10:24 AM
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

Donators
FGCU is a 9 point favorite in Vegas.
03-05-2014 09:05 PM
bucfan81 Online
Heisman

Any word on Petey and Jalen?
03-05-2014 09:28 PM
etsubuc Offline
All American

Ive been trying to keep track of twitter accounts and nobody has mentioned anything. I expect Jalen to play if he can at all. Im not sure exactly what the injury is for either player but for Petey to be in street clothes for such an important game on Tuesday I doubt he will be ready to play.
03-06-2014 06:08 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.