Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Tulane is confident
CougarRed Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Houston
Tulane is confident
Tulane ended Spring drills on Feb 26 with 3 practices remaining. Coach Johnson said they had a great Spring, but cited injury as one reason. Apparently, he believed Tulane was in such good shape that there's nothing to be gained by noncontact drills.

So look out for the Green Wave next year. They feel they don't need to practice.
03-04-2014 12:36 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ncbeta Offline
Suffering from trolliosis

I Root For: ECU
RE: Tulane is confident
It would be funny if they ran sh!t next year.
03-04-2014 12:58 AM
OUGwave Offline
All American

I Root For:
(03-04-2014 12:36 AM)CougarRed Wrote:  Tulane ended Spring drills on Feb 26 with 3 practices remaining. Coach Johnson said they had a great Spring, but cited injury as one reason. Apparently, he believed Tulane was in such good shape that there's nothing to be gained by noncontact drills.

So look out for the Green Wave next year. They feel they don't need to practice.

You're kind of a troll aren't you?

Our coach also gave the team a week off in the middle of the season last year and then the team beat Tulsa the following week.

He runs the team like an NFL operation -- for better or worse. But that doesn't mean that he feels they don't need practice. He just felt on balance that the injury situation carried risk and that they had reached the point of diminishing returns on live sessions.

But troll on.
03-04-2014 10:55 AM
pesik Offline
Legend

(03-04-2014 12:36 AM)CougarRed Wrote:  Tulane ended Spring drills on Feb 26 with 3 practices remaining. Coach Johnson said they had a great Spring, but cited injury as one reason. Apparently, he believed Tulane was in such good shape that there's nothing to be gained by noncontact drills.

this isn't true at all and actually the opposite
they didn't have enough numbers for the spring game to begin with because of suspension and in-season injuries (and graduation)

they ended up losing a ton more in spring to injury and decided it wasn't worth the risk, note they currently have only 1 scholarship linebacker, zero tight ends in a TE heavy offense, and top 3 rbs are injured or suspended for spring, why risk injury on a team with extremely thin depth ...
they'll have 9 LBs in fall and also add/return 4TE's and add 4 rbs ...he realized he rather wait till the teams depth is replenished before risking anymore injuries
(This post was last modified: 03-04-2014 11:14 AM by pesik.)
03-04-2014 11:13 AM
CougarRed Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-04-2014 10:55 AM)OUGwave Wrote:  

Our coach also gave the team a week off in the middle of the season last year and then the team beat Tulsa the following week.

He runs the team like an NFL operation -- for better or worse. But that doesn't mean that he feels they don't need practice. He just felt on balance that the injury situation carried risk and that they had reached the point of diminishing returns on live sessions.

But troll on.

I want the best conference possible. I applaud fellow conference schools when they bring glory to our league. I make fun of fellow conference schools (and UH too) when they pull small-time stunts.

Building a 22K seat stadium and cutting Spring drills short by 3 practices is small-time, Tulane. Double face palm.

BTW, so is bringing back UH basketball coach James Dickey, which unfortunately is becoming more and more likely.
03-04-2014 12:44 PM
pesik Offline
Legend

(03-04-2014 12:44 PM)CougarRed Wrote:  

But troll on.

I want the best conference possible. I applaud fellow conference schools when they bring glory to our league. I make fun of fellow conference schools (and UH too) when they pull small-time stunts.

Building a 22K seat stadium and cutting Spring drills short by 3 practices is small-time, Tulane. Double face palm.

BTW, so is bringing back UH basketball coach James Dickey, which unfortunately is becoming more and more likely.

its actually a 30k stadium which is perfect for them (similar size to duke and wazzu)
03-04-2014 12:47 PM
Advertisement

CougarRed Offline
Hall of Famer

For balance, here's a thread I started about Tulane last October celebrating their 6-2 start to the season.

I don't hate Tulane. I just hate some of the decisions their leaders have made.
(This post was last modified: 03-04-2014 12:57 PM by CougarRed.)
03-04-2014 12:57 PM
SMUleopold Offline
1st String

I Root For: Guess, genius..
The guy took Tulane to a bowl last year.

He gets the benefit of the doubt going into next year.
03-04-2014 09:29 PM
Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
Texas A&M, OK State, TCU, others also ditching the spring-game ritual: http://newsok.com/oklahoma-state-footbal...le/3939453
03-06-2014 11:44 AM
pesik Offline
Legend

(03-06-2014 11:44 AM)Native Georgian Wrote:  Texas A&M, OK State, TCU, others also ditching the spring-game ritual: http://newsok.com/oklahoma-state-footbal...le/3939453

A&M doesn't have a stadium and everyone in the big 12 has to consider canceling as TCU's coach openly says if you have a spring game, ad there is film he will watch it and break it down to use against you
03-06-2014 11:48 AM
wavefan12 Offline
All American

I Root For: Tulane

But troll on.

Care to put your money where your mouth is......Devon Walker could use a nice donation.
03-06-2014 11:50 AM
Advertisement

Savacool Offline
1st String

Tulane and Coach CJ and staff had an outstanding Spring practice. We have mega three star fast and strong freshmen class coming in next year. Watch our redshirted quarterback Tanner Lee next year. He will be starting in the NFL after Tulane.
(This post was last modified: 03-15-2014 05:10 PM by Savacool.)
03-06-2014 04:43 PM
AaronMustang Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: SMU
Tulane is confident they will get no more than 3 wins.
03-06-2014 10:29 PM
Savacool Offline
1st String

Three wins was the prediction for last year and we had 7 wins,a winning season and a bowl game after many years. We will be playing in our state of the art on campus 72 million dollar stadium next year against such ACC opponents as Georgia Tech and Duke. SMU don't knock Green Wave football and Coach Johnson. Do you remember our last win against SMU 27 to 26 in 2012 your last year in CUSA? Looking forward to future SMU Tulane games in the AAC as I enjoy weekend trips to Dallas and to your campus and we are both top academic private universities with much in common.
03-15-2014 05:19 PM
CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

I Root For: Cajuns
(03-06-2014 04:43 PM)Savacool Wrote:  We have mega three star fast and strong freshmen class coming in next year. Watch our redshirted quarterback Tanner Lee next year. He will be starting in the NFL after Tulane.

Take all that to the bank folks, it's a sure as a Santos kick to win the game.03-lmfao
03-16-2014 03:18 PM
Savacool Offline
1st String

Take all that to the bank folks, it is as sure as UL-L to defeat Creighton!
03-25-2014 11:45 AM
Advertisement

CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

I Root For: Cajuns
(03-25-2014 11:45 AM)Savacool Wrote:  Take all that to the bank folks, it is as sure as UL-L to defeat Creighton!

NCAA Tournament versus Pay-to-Play........and lose.03-lmfao
03-25-2014 12:59 PM
datwave Offline
Water Engineer

Most Tulane fans were upset about the handling of our spring practice. It was held much too early not giving players time to recoup from injuries. We then only scheduled 14 when 15 are allowed. To make it worse we ended up canceling two of those. We had two freshman come in early just for ythe benfit of spring pracctice. They got shortchanged. Every coach in the world complains about not having enough time w/thier players due to NCAA rules. with a program that stil has along ways to go to be successful we should be the last one giving up practice time. The coach blew it on this one. Hoopefully it turns out not to be a big deal.
03-27-2014 01:10 PM
datwave Offline
Water Engineer

(03-04-2014 12:47 PM)pesik Wrote:  

But troll on.

its actually a 30k stadium which is perfect for them (similar size to duke and wazzu)

It will SEAT just over 22,000 as per available iinformation and reliable sources. Our AD has a terrible reputation as a liar. Tulane has said it will seat 25,000 and has always thrown out the 30,000 number as a capacity number which based on the size it seems prepostarous that there would be SRO for 5,000. More like 500 if that many. Then there is the whole problem of parking,tailgating and on and on. Only a few people on an administration favored site clamored for a new stadium. The great majority of fans in nola want Tulane to go by NCAA standards and play to win. With all the local talent available that's possible and when Tulane has instituted a PE degree briefly during different presidents tenures Tulane has been able to succeed.
03-27-2014 01:17 PM
datwave Offline
Water Engineer

(03-06-2014 10:29 PM)AaronMustang Wrote:  Tulane is confident they will get no more than 3 wins.

It's your school that set the bad example Tulane is following(minus 10,000 seats). SMU labeled itself small time in football by building such a small stadium. You tried to overcome that by paying $2 milion for a coach and have still failed b/c you can't overcome that obstacle. So I hope you enjoyed the beating we put on you last time. It was easy to catch up w/you guys b/c of that mistake.
03-27-2014 01:21 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.