RodShaw2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
A-Sun honors'
Reshawn named to first team.

Jalen named newcomer of the year.

A.J. named to freshman team.

http://www.timesnews.net/article/9073990...ecognition
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2014 06:06 PM by RodShaw2.)
03-03-2014 04:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bucfan1968 Offline
1st String

I Root For: ETSU Bucs
RE: A-Sun honors'
The best news.. they all three return next year!!!!!!!!!!!
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2014 04:23 PM by bucfan1968.)
03-03-2014 04:22 PM
bucfan81 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ETSU
This is great to hear. All three are very deserving of their recognition. I still cannot believe A.J. is just a freshman!
03-03-2014 04:56 PM
Bucfaithful Offline
Heisman

Congratulations to these trio of Buccaneers. Rashawn's development is remarkable. Did anyone on here see this in him as a freshman? Jalen, too, has been a great off-season pickup. Despite occasional poor shot selection and inconsistent shooting from the field, his uncanny ability to get to and convert from the line served us well throughout the year.

My bias notwithstanding, AJ's overall numbers warranted freshman POY in my opinion. Dallas Moore scored 12.5 ppg compared to AJ's 10.0 ppg, but AJ averaged 6.4 rpg (8th in league; Moore averaged 2.0 rpg) and 1.5 spg (3rd in league; Moore averaged .5 spg). Moore did average more assists than AJ (2.5 compared to AJ.'s 1.2). Overall, I thought AJ was the best freshman in the league. Nevertheless, he started the preseason in obscurity as an unheralded recruit and ended as one of the best freshman in the league. He's a reliable jumper away from being unstoppable.

Again, congratulations to all these guys.
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2014 07:00 PM by Bucfaithful.)
03-03-2014 05:00 PM
JWBUC Offline
1st String

I Root For: ETSU Bucs
+3
03-03-2014 06:08 PM
Advertisement

Statman101 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: N/A
The awards are voted on by league coaches and Merriweather in the league (what the voters/coaches see) averaged less than 10 points (9.3) while Moore averaged over 13 (13.3). That is a pretty big gap, almost 40% more. The suprise to me was that Hampton or Williams from Lipscomb, who both averaged 15 a game in the league, didn't win the award honestly.
03-03-2014 09:33 PM
Bucfan4life Offline
Bench Warmer

Reshawn named to first team.

Jalen named newcomer of the year.

A.J. named to freshman team.

So Proud Of Our Guys!! Go Bucs!!!
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2014 10:12 PM by Bucfan4life.)
03-03-2014 10:12 PM
Bucfaithful Offline
Heisman

(03-03-2014 09:33 PM)Statman101 Wrote:  The awards are voted on by league coaches and Merriweather in the league (what the voters/coaches see) averaged less than 10 points (9.3) while Moore averaged over 13 (13.3). That is a pretty big gap, almost 40% more. The suprise to me was that Hampton or Williams from Lipscomb, who both averaged 15 a game in the league, didn't win the award honestly.

I understand that, but scoring is one measure. As I stated above, AJ also averaged 6.3 rpg (~200% more) and 1.5 spg, good for 8th and 3rd in the league respectively.

Undoubtedly, Williams and Hampton had fine seasons, and a strong case could be made for either one as freshman POY.
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2014 10:40 PM by Bucfaithful.)
03-03-2014 10:30 PM
Bucster Offline
All American

(03-03-2014 05:00 PM)Bucfaithful Wrote:  Congratulations to these trio of Buccaneers. Rashawn's development is remarkable. Did anyone on here see this in him as a freshman? Jalen, too, has been a great off-season pickup. Despite occasional poor shot selection and inconsistent shooting from the field, his uncanny ability to get to and convert from the line served us well throughout the year.

I didn't. But that was all on Murry because as I remember Rembert barely got off the bench his freshman year, just like Devin Harris this year. And if it wasn't for Dubose and Cooley screwing up he probably wouldn't have played much last year either because of Bartow.

Nevertheless, I am very happy for Rashawn, A.J. and Jalen. Rembert has been fun to watch this year, I love watching a pure shooter like him play.

P.S Sorry to sound like such a downer at the start of this post. It's just that Bartow and his lack of a bench rotation drives me crazy.
03-03-2014 10:48 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.