ECU student section is pretty good
03-03-2014 01:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

adluther Offline
1st String

I Root For: Memphis
RE: ECU student section is pretty good
(03-03-2014 01:15 PM)PirateMarv Wrote:  Saw this on another board.

http://www.ecupirates.com/sports/m-baskb...14aab.html

I've said it on here before, i do NOT like playing at ECU in hoops. It's a small arena where students are right on the floor. They get loud. Definitely makes it seem like alot more people are there than really are. Always a good student section for ECU when Memphis came to town. Judging by this, it looks as if students are showing up for alot more of the games now, which is great.
03-03-2014 02:13 PM
PirateMarv Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
ECU is having a tough basketball season, but the students have still showed up to represent against schools that a lot of the students have probably never heard of.

Next season Minges should be an absolute madhouse, because on paper ECU will probably have its best team ever and then Memphis, UConn, Temple, UCF, Houston, USF, SMU and Cincinnati will come to town.
03-03-2014 02:31 PM
Advertisement

MemTGRS Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis Tigers!
(03-03-2014 02:13 PM)adluther Wrote:  
(03-03-2014 01:15 PM)PirateMarv Wrote:  Saw this on another board.

http://www.ecupirates.com/sports/m-baskb...14aab.html

I've said it on here before, i do NOT like playing at ECU in hoops. It's a small arena where students are right on the floor. They get loud. Definitely makes it seem like alot more people are there than really are. Always a good student section for ECU when Memphis came to town. Judging by this, it looks as if students are showing up for alot more of the games now, which is great.
+1 ... I also can't imagine the student crowd intensity with SMU, UConn, Cincy, and Temple coming to town. I hope we finally play the Pirates on a Saturday down there next year. I think every single one of those games was on a Wednesday.
03-03-2014 02:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
adluther Offline
1st String

I Root For: Memphis
(03-03-2014 02:31 PM)PirateMarv Wrote:  ECU is having a tough basketball season, but the students have still showed up to represent against schools that a lot of the students have probably never heard of.

Next season Minges should be an absolute madhouse, because on paper ECU will probably have its best team ever and then Memphis, UConn, Temple, UCF, Houston, USF, SMU and Cincinnati will come to town.

I think you guys will transition fine into the league. Obviously I don't think you'll have the instant success SMU had, but you guys WILL be a good, competitive team in the conference stealing some big wins, especiall within a couple of years. I see you guys having similar success as UH did this year. If UH, who has a pretty win-able next couple of games could play themselves into an NIT/CBI bid. I think that says alot for a team moving up in conferences and still making the post season. ..here's to hoping. Hope the same for ECU next year. The better you are, the better the league is. Same for every other team in the conference.
03-03-2014 02:44 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.