Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

How many believe in Armaggedon?
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
How many believe in Armaggedon?
With things in the world including here in the U.S. how many of you believe we are close to Armaggedon. And do the prophesies in Revelation (and in the New and Old testament) have an impact on your thinking? Just curious. 07-coffee3
03-01-2014 03:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

nomad2u2001 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
RE: How many believe in Armaggedon?
It's easy to say that we are. The conditions are damn near perfect from a biblical standpoint. Christianity is under attack, we're seeing strange weather phenomena, GAYS ARE GETTING MARRIED, blah, blah, blah. These are things that have lead every generation into thinking that they are the one, and they haven't been "it" yet. It may be close by and it could be a thousand years away and I believe that it's pretty pointless to let it affect you.
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2014 03:56 PM by nomad2u2001.)
03-01-2014 03:54 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(03-01-2014 03:54 PM)nomad2u2001 Wrote:  It's easy to say that we are. The conditions are damn near perfect from a biblical standpoint. Christianity is under attack, we're seeing strange weather phenomena, GAYS ARE GETTING MARRIED, blah, blah, blah. These are things that have lead every generation into thinking that they are the one, and they haven't been "it" yet. It may be close by and it could be a thousand years away and I believe that it's pretty pointless to let it affect you.

you'd never know it based on the rhetoric of this board.....
03-01-2014 04:03 PM
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies
(03-01-2014 03:54 PM)nomad2u2001 Wrote:  It's easy to say that we are. The conditions are damn near perfect from a biblical standpoint. Christianity is under attack, we're seeing strange weather phenomena, GAYS ARE GETTING MARRIED, blah, blah, blah. These are things that have lead every generation into thinking that they are the one, and they haven't been "it" yet. It may be close by and it could be a thousand years away and I believe that it's pretty pointless to let it affect you.

The affect that it should have on you is to be ready, not in a prepper sort of way, but ready in a sense of knowing and living out the Word of God. It should give us an almost desperation to take the message of salvation to the lost.

Are we anxiously awaiting the return of the Son of God or are we just going through life ho humm and all things are fine.
03-01-2014 04:09 PM
G-Man Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Truth & Justice
(03-01-2014 03:11 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  With things in the world including here in the U.S. how many of you believe we are close to Armaggedon. And do the prophesies in Revelation (and in the New and Old testament) have an impact on your thinking? Just curious. 07-coffee3

It's impossible to make any predictions based on chronological passage of time, or what we see happening in our own lifetime, and trying to interpret anything to match up to/from John's Apocalypse.

He "witnessed" and was documenting things "happening" in a vision he had of heaven. Heaven is a place that doesn't exist in this life in any way we can perceive it. Events that unfold within Revelation don't necessarily transpire in a linear (forward in time) way.

We (and time) "move" forward in space in our own three dimensional world and present life. Who knows how the events depicted "move" in Revelation?

It's a big mistake (pointless, actually) for anyone to come up with any predictions or doctrine based upon things that appear in this book of the bible.
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2014 04:17 PM by G-Man.)
03-01-2014 04:15 PM
Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
(03-01-2014 03:54 PM)nomad2u2001 Wrote:  It may be close by and it could be a thousand years away
This.

Quote:it's pretty pointless to let it affect you.
Depends how you mean. The topic itself isn't "pointless" (very much the opposite), but dwelling on it, and trying to somehow predict or anticipate God's timing, is pointless (at best).
03-01-2014 04:20 PM
Advertisement

stinkfist Offline

(03-01-2014 04:09 PM)GrayBeard Wrote:  

The affect that it should have on you is to be ready, not in a prepper sort of way, but ready in a sense of knowing and living out the Word of God. It should give us an almost desperation to take the message of salvation to the lost.

Are we anxiously awaiting the return of the Son of God or are we just going through life ho humm and all things are fine.

that word of god is why he's asking the question.....

the contradictions are seriously laughable....

the invisible man in the sky will get ya every time.....

imagine....ALL the people....trying to solve instead of worry.....

all this world has given us to this point is tyranny through fear....unless you got the cods....

I'm going through my life not worrying....
03-01-2014 04:23 PM
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies
(03-01-2014 04:23 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  

all this world has given us to this point is tyranny through fear....unless you got the cods....

Take a few more tokes. Your posts are almost coherent right now.
03-01-2014 04:26 PM
nomad2u2001 Offline
Hall of Famer

I didn't mean that you should never, ever think about it, but there are a lot of folks that dwell on it.
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2014 04:33 PM by nomad2u2001.)
03-01-2014 04:32 PM
stinkfist Offline

(03-01-2014 04:26 PM)GrayBeard Wrote:  
(03-01-2014 04:23 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  

Take a few more tokes. Your posts are almost coherent right now.

maybe....but one day, I'm gonna make money off this board.....w/o paying a dime
03-01-2014 04:38 PM
EagleX Offline
Wake me when the suck is over

I Root For: Southern Miss
The cubs haven't won the World Series lately, so it can't be the end of times
03-01-2014 04:48 PM
Advertisement

QuestionSocratic Offline
Banned

I Root For: Buffalo
I'm waiting for the scientists to weigh in.
03-01-2014 05:43 PM
pharaoh0 Offline
Triggered by Microaggressions

I Root For: Duke, L'ville
Me personally, I keep an eye on the Temple Mount. When stuff starts to happen there, then that will be a pretty good sign. But, you never know. So all you can do is to be prepared.
03-01-2014 05:46 PM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

There's a major difference between the "olden" ages to today. In those days there weren't any countries with bombs that could annihilate a whole city. Todays world is a keg of dynamite with a ready fuse waiting for the tiniest spark. We have a dictatorship that is run by a 30 something in N. Korea. A Muslim country wanting and getting permission from Russia, No.Kor., and every Muslim country in the Middle East who believes the sooner Armaggedon starts the sooner their god will come. It is also mentioned in the Bible "a kingdom be divided against itself can not stand. And if a house be divided against itself, that house cannot stand." That's exactly what is happening here in the U.S. today. The left wants to be able to do what they want and then get mad when someone speaks up and contradicts them. It's all in the Bible folks when it speaks of the last days but there are those that think (as the Bible again tells us) that they know more than God or that "they" are god.
03-01-2014 05:54 PM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

(03-01-2014 05:46 PM)pharaoh0 Wrote:  Me personally, I keep an eye on the Temple Mount. When stuff starts to happen there, then that will be a pretty good sign. But, you never know. So all you can do is to be prepared.

You know Pharaoh that's one of the signs of the end. Right now in Israel the Jews are readying their Levite priests to learn how to animal sacrifice and conduct their jewish traditions and the stones for the temple are being readied too. How sad that to this day they fail to admit that Christ was the final sacrifice for our sins and don't understand it when He said, "it is finished".

How can they poo-poo the idea that Christ fulfilled over 300 prophesies of the Old Testament in His first coming. They're still waiting for the Savior when He has already come and gone. He'll be back and then they'll say that it's the first time.
03-01-2014 06:00 PM
EagleRockCafe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Eagles
[Image: ij2b.jpg]

Well, there is a decent chance we have the Anti-Christ as President, so the chances of Armageddon are good.
03-01-2014 06:38 PM
Advertisement

nomad2u2001 Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-01-2014 05:54 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  There's a major difference between the "olden" ages to today. In those days there weren't any countries with bombs that could annihilate a whole city. Todays world is a keg of dynamite with a ready fuse waiting for the tiniest spark. We have a dictatorship that is run by a 30 something in N. Korea. A Muslim country wanting and getting permission from Russia, No.Kor., and every Muslim country in the Middle East who believes the sooner Armaggedon starts the sooner their god will come. It is also mentioned in the Bible "a kingdom be divided against itself can not stand. And if a house be divided against itself, that house cannot stand." That's exactly what is happening here in the U.S. today. The left wants to be able to do what they want and then get mad when someone speaks up and contradicts them. It's all in the Bible folks when it speaks of the last days but there are those that think (as the Bible again tells us) that they know more than God or that "they" are god.

Aside from the bombs, all of this has happened in some way, shape, or form before, a lot of times.
03-01-2014 06:49 PM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

True. But the bombs do make a difference don't you think? So much in fact that two thirds of the worlds population will perish.
03-01-2014 06:51 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
I remember October 1973, the Yom Kippur war. When we got word over the intel circuit that the Israeli cabinet had authorized Moshe Dayan to nuke the Arabs, there was a mad scramble around Sixth Fleet intelligence to get hold of Bibles and reread Revelation and the later OT prophets.

Fortunately somebody in DC worked out a deal. Nixon? Kissinger? Who knows? By the way, we couldn't offer that same deal today--we don't have the capability to make it happen.
03-01-2014 06:58 PM
Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
(03-01-2014 06:58 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  I remember October 1973, the Yom Kippur war.
Israel came within a whisker of going down the tubes. Thisclose. The urgent actions of Nixon -- acting against a State Dept and a Defense Dept that may be most charitably described as lethargic -- prevented that disaster from occurring.

Quote:By the way, we couldn't offer that same deal today--we don't have the capability to make it happen.
Neither Israel nor the Arabs trusts us, fears us, or cares what we say or do.
03-01-2014 07:06 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.