Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Why do Liberals love Muslims and despise Christians?
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
Seriously , why ?
02-28-2014 07:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

nomad2u2001 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
I would bet that conservatives love to mention Muslims more.
02-28-2014 07:58 PM
olliebaba Online
Legend

I Root For: Christ
RE: Why do Liberals love Muslims and despise Christians?
Because Muslims love them and Christians want them dead. Hmm, or is it the other way around?
02-28-2014 07:58 PM
nomad2u2001 Offline
Hall of Famer

I've yet to find an anti-religious person who preferred one over the other. Christianity is the biggest and squeakiest wheel of the bunch. It gets the most grease
02-28-2014 08:05 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
When I hear conservatives complain about Muslims, especially in THIS country, I just hear then complaining about 'the other'. As a member of a an 'other' group, I see that as a sign that they'll come after me too. American Muslims are not advocating or defending discrimination against my people. That role, for the most part, comes from evangelical Christians.

While it is true that there are many Muslims around the world that hate my people, that isn't the case with all of them (just as it isn't the case with all Christians). Every single elected Muslim national official in the US and the UK voted YES on marriage equality for example. Every. Single. Last. One.

It is true that many Muslims outside the USA are anti-Gay, but again, that's not always the case. For example, Turkey and Jordan and the PA are much better than many "Christian" nations. And the new anti-Gay pogroms and hideous repression against my people has largely been led by Christians (even in mixed nations like Nigeria) and some of it has even been led by AMERICAN evangelical Christians. From Russia, to Nigeria, to Cameroon, to Uganda, to Jamaica, to Belize....its pretty much an evangelical Christian affair

I have no reason to fear American Muslims. Nor many European ones. Nor many Turkish ones.

I fail to see the difference between persecution of Gay persons by evangelical Christians and persecution of Gay persons by Muslims. Evangelicals get more pushback in the USA because they are the ones leading what we call as persecution and discrimination.
02-28-2014 08:41 PM
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
(02-28-2014 08:41 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  When I hear conservatives complain about Muslims, especially in THIS country, I just hear then complaining about 'the other'. As a member of a an 'other' group, I see that as a sign that they'll come after me too. American Muslims are not advocating or defending discrimination against my people. That role, for the most part, comes from evangelical Christians.

While it is true that there are many Muslims around the world that hate my people, that isn't the case with all of them (just as it isn't the case with all Christians). Every single elected Muslim national official in the US and the UK voted YES on marriage equality for example. Every. Single. Last. One.

It is true that many Muslims outside the USA are anti-Gay, but again, that's not always the case. For example, Turkey and Jordan and the PA are much better than many "Christian" nations. And the new anti-Gay pogroms and hideous repression against my people has largely been led by Christians (even in mixed nations like Nigeria) and some of it has even been led by AMERICAN evangelical Christians. From Russia, to Nigeria, to Cameroon, to Uganda, to Jamaica, to Belize....its pretty much an evangelical Christian affair

I have no reason to fear American Muslims. Nor many European ones. Nor many Turkish ones.

I fail to see the difference between persecution of Gay persons by evangelical Christians and persecution of Gay persons by Muslims. Evangelicals get more pushback in the USA because they are the ones leading what we call as persecution and discrimination.

All of that and you didn't answer my question.
02-28-2014 08:55 PM
Advertisement

olliebaba Online
Legend

I Root For: Christ
As a member of a an 'other' group, I see that as a sign that they'll come after me too.

While it is true that there are many Muslims around the world that hate my people

And the new anti-Gay pogroms and hideous repression against my people has largely been led by Christians (even in mixed nations like Nigeria) and some of it has even been led by AMERICAN evangelical Christians. From Russia, to Nigeria, to Cameroon, to Uganda, to Jamaica, to Belize....its pretty much an evangelical Christian affair. (quotes from Tommy)

I'm confused here Tommy. Didn't you tell, (correction Berate LSU) and tell him you aren't gay? Something smells and it ain't my feet.
02-28-2014 09:03 PM
UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators
(02-28-2014 07:49 PM)usmbacker Wrote:  Seriously , why ?

I'm a liberal and have no love or hate for any religion...they're all equal to me and have no place in politics. (see establishment clause)
02-28-2014 09:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
nomad2u2001 Offline
Hall of Famer

Aren't liberals still a majority Christian?
02-28-2014 09:20 PM
UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators
(02-28-2014 09:20 PM)nomad2u2001 Wrote:  Aren't liberals still a majority Christian?

America is like 70%+ Christian...so I would guess the vast majority of liberals are Christian.
02-28-2014 09:23 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ncbeta Offline
Suffering from trolliosis

I personally find the whole situation Ironic.

Islamists (aka extremist Muslims) despise the west because of their influence on the degradation of Islamic morals. Conservative Christians are not nearly as conservative as conservative Muslims, but no not influence culture in the way that progressive liberals do. When Muslims see things like Miley Cyrus at the VMAs and hear things like Robin Thicke's "blurred lines" they think.. "Wow, Americans sure are some f****d up individuals..they are directly responsible for the negative influence of pop culture on young people in our society." --- Just as many Americans also think about hollywood. The problem is, we are portrayed to all be like this, when in fact it is only a certain percent of our population. On the flip side, many Muslims are portrayed to be extremists when in fact only a certain percent of their population behaves that way.

Conservative Christians and Muslims (and Liberals who disagree with this type of behavior) can probably all agree that hollywood is responsible for negatively effecting our youth. Which is why I think it's funny that the people who do advocate for the Miley Cyrus type of celebrities like Muslims more than Christians, when Muslims dislike western culture because of them.
02-28-2014 09:25 PM
Advertisement

Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Good Guys
As a Christian, I love all of God's children - this includes Muslims and Christians. I do not despise either group. Even if they are sometimes misguided (*cough* anti-gay discrimination *cough*, *cough* suicide bombings *cough*) that doesn't make them any less human and at least deserving of a chance for forgiveness and creation of a better world...
02-28-2014 09:26 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
Conservatives don't hate Muslims. Conservatives just don't want to cave in and change their lifestyles because it offends someone. Conservatives don't want to live a lifestyle where offending a Muslim puts your life in danger. Conservatives don't run from bullies, we confront them. Conservatives don't believe certain rights, like free speech, stop when we're discussing Muslims and the problems they cause. Conservatives don't want to be intimidated by 7th century cave dwelling radicals. Conservatives want to lead and don't want to be slowed down by people who border on being Neanderthals.

Liberals are afraid of Muslims but won't say it. Liberals won't confront bullies, instead they'll either run away or give in to them. Liberals are willing to force all of us to change our lifestyles as not to offend Muslims and have to deal with the ensuing death and carnage. Liberals see Muslims as victims of our actions rather than us being the actual victims. Liberals are cowards and are willing to allow Islam to expand and dominate their lives. Liberals always seem to have a deep rooted, almost genetic need to be led, to be followers.

Edit: And liberals hate Christians because liberals just need to hate someone who won't blow them up.
(This post was last modified: 02-28-2014 10:19 PM by smn1256.)
02-28-2014 10:07 PM
nomad2u2001 Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-28-2014 10:07 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  Conservatives don't hate Muslims. Conservatives just don't want to cave in and change their lifestyles because it offends someone. Conservatives don't want to live a lifestyle where offending a Muslim puts your life in danger. Conservatives don't run from bullies, we confront them. Conservatives don't believe certain rights, like free speech, stop when we're discussing Muslims and the problems they cause. Conservatives don't want to be intimidated by 7th century cave dwelling radicals. Conservatives want to lead and don't want to be slowed down by people who border on being Neanderthals.

Liberals are afraid of Muslims but won't say it. Liberals won't confront bullies, instead they'll either run away or give in to them. Liberals are willing to force all of us to change our lifestyles as not to offend Muslims and have to deal with the ensuing death and carnage. Liberals see Muslims as victims of our actions rather than us being the actual victims. Liberals are cowards and are willing to allow Islam to expand and dominate their lives. Liberals always seem to have a deep rooted, almost genetic need to be led, to be followers.

Edit: And liberals hate Christians because liberals just need to hate someone who won't blow them up.

Conservatives won't stand up to bullies either. They go to the radio, message boards, and other echo chambers and complain amongst themselves.

I'd think you would find the majority of Muslims in America, just like the majority of all Americans, don't want to have any affect on your life. The average person of any category is just...average. Try not to believe the propaganda from either side.
02-28-2014 10:47 PM
JDTulane Offline
Sazeracs and Retirement

I Root For: Peace
I love goth groups equally.
03-01-2014 01:56 AM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

I Root For: PAC 12
(02-28-2014 07:49 PM)usmbacker Wrote:  Seriously , why ?

Could you be more specific? Perhaps an example?
03-01-2014 02:00 AM
Advertisement

ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

I Root For: Pitt/Navy

Donators
I despise all religions equally. I believe they should have religious freedom and should have no role in our politics.
03-01-2014 02:01 AM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(02-28-2014 08:05 PM)nomad2u2001 Wrote:  I've yet to find an anti-religious person who preferred one over the other. Christianity is the biggest and squeakiest wheel of the bunch. It gets the most grease

yep....and they refuse the mirror....

atheists are equal opportunity.....
03-01-2014 02:33 AM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
the real irony is muslims and christians are just alike....they just kill each other in a different way....one is the flesh, the other the mind....oh well....
03-01-2014 02:49 AM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
(03-01-2014 02:33 AM)stinkfist Wrote:  
(02-28-2014 08:05 PM)nomad2u2001 Wrote:  I've yet to find an anti-religious person who preferred one over the other. Christianity is the biggest and squeakiest wheel of the bunch. It gets the most grease

yep....and they refuse the mirror....

atheists are equal opportunity.....

Yeah, no one talks about Muslims these days. 01-wingedeagle
03-01-2014 02:51 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.