UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Interesting box score notes
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Haase is doing a pretty good job distributing minutes. Only two players (Frazier 35, Washington 31) played more than 30 minutes. Only two other players (Faz 26, Williams 21) played more than 20 minutes. Rucker, Watts, Mehinti, Madison and Swing all played between 14 and 19 minutes. Very even distribution. This will be important come tournament time.

Tyler Madison's stat line. 1-1 from field. 4-4 from the field, 3 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal, zero fouls and turnovers in 18 minutes.

Rucker and Williams went 1 for 12 from the field. Rucker had two rebounds.

Chad had 6 assists and 3 turnovers. He is really improving in this category.

Three big blocks (one bigger than the other two) for CJ.

Our only three pointer came from Swing. hmm
02-27-2014 10:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

jthrashr Offline
1st String

I Root For: UAB
RE: Interesting box score notes
Outside of Frazier and Washington, I don't think the substitution pattern is that premeditated. Rather, it's who Haase thinks is making less mistakes.
02-27-2014 11:21 PM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Another note. Although Rucker only had two rebounds, those 2 boards was enough to move him past Paul Delaney to the #20 spot on the career Rebounding list. He has 462 rebounds in his two year career at UAB. He needs 9 more rebounds will move him past Willie Chapman to #19.

Will Campbell is the only two year player to have more rebounds than Rucker.
(This post was last modified: 02-28-2014 12:33 AM by Memphis Blazer.)
02-28-2014 12:26 AM
Advertisement

blazers9911 Online
Hall of Famer

Survivor Runner-up
It's good to see Madison getting some playing time. I think we are going to rely heavily on our 3 upper class men next year(Frazier, CJ, Brown-I know Rideau is also one, but I don't know what to expect out of him) but these second year players are going to have to play big roles for us at times next year. I know we are adding a great class, but much like this year, it will probably take some of the freshmen some time to really start to get a handle on things. The playing time Madison, Watts, and Mehinti have received this year will be huge next season, especially if we aren't able to add any JUCOs to the mix this offseason.
02-28-2014 09:22 AM
BlazerGold09 Offline
All American

We are going to have some great depth next year. Not sure if I've ever said that before.
02-28-2014 12:47 PM
Advertisement

blazers9911 Online
Hall of Famer

Survivor Runner-up
(02-28-2014 12:47 PM)BlazerGold09 Wrote:  We are going to have some great depth next year. Not sure if I've ever said that before.

Yes we are. My biggest concern for next year is our inexperience. We will only have 6 guys on the roster with D-1 experience, and although our class looks promising, the guys are still all freshmen so far. That's why I really hope we can get at least 1 JUCO guy, just to sort of even the classes out a little. Haase is going to have a lot of options next year though, that's for sure.
02-28-2014 12:52 PM
sadolakced Offline
Special Teams

(02-27-2014 11:21 PM)jthrashr Wrote:  Outside of Frazier and Washington, I don't think the substitution pattern is that premeditated. Rather, it's who Haase thinks is making less mistakes.

I think though it shows that Haase has enough confidence in that many players to rotate through them.
02-28-2014 12:56 PM
Advertisement

the Dragon Offline
Heisman

(02-28-2014 12:52 PM)blazers9911 Wrote:  
(02-28-2014 12:47 PM)BlazerGold09 Wrote:  We are going to have some great depth next year. Not sure if I've ever said that before.

Yes we are. My biggest concern for next year is our inexperience. We will only have 6 guys on the roster with D-1 experience, and although our class looks promising, the guys are still all freshmen so far. That's why I really hope we can get at least 1 JUCO guy, just to sort of even the classes out a little. Haase is going to have a lot of options next year though, that's for sure.

Chad Frazier and CJ Washington had zero D-I experience prior to this year. I think we sometimes dismiss JUCO experience as if it isn't good enough. Yes, it isn't D-I, but it is way above high school level.
02-28-2014 01:14 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
blazers9911 Online
Hall of Famer

Survivor Runner-up
(02-28-2014 01:14 PM)the Dragon Wrote:  
(02-28-2014 12:52 PM)blazers9911 Wrote:  

Chad Frazier and CJ Washington had zero D-I experience prior to this year. I think we sometimes dismiss JUCO experience as if it isn't good enough. Yes, it isn't D-I, but it is way above high school level.

I said I really hoped we got a JUCO guy for exactly that reason. If we add two more freshmen to our class, we are going to be really, really young.
02-28-2014 01:49 PM
Advertisement

BlazerGrad88 Offline
All American

(02-27-2014 11:21 PM)jthrashr Wrote:  Outside of Frazier and Washington, I don't think the substitution pattern is that premeditated. Rather, it's who Haase thinks is making less mistakes.

Also depends on matchups to some extent
02-28-2014 03:33 PM
Blazer85 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB Blazers
I predict we will be 1st in CUSA both in blocked shots and rebounding next year. I just hope we can improve our shooting percentages.
02-28-2014 03:41 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.