Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

? about our men's hoops schedule
Bookmark and Share
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
? about our men's hoops schedule
I can understand Syracuse. No brainer. Murphy connection + big money.

Kentucky - it was part of a crazy tourney (we got home games vs. Cle. State, UT-Arlington, and Robert Morris).

Duke, Duke, why Duke?

Did DUKE approach Murphy?

Why? Did Coach K want his team to have experience against the Syracuse-EMU zone?

Of course, a high profile game for us + big bucks.

And yes the media knows that we've played both so it is a good story line.
02-27-2014 08:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

EagleSam Offline
Heisman

I Root For: EMU
RE: ? about our men's hoops schedule
It was obviously a money thing. When no one comes to our home games, we need to go get our asses beat for a big pay day. Murphy did say that next year's schedule won't be nearly as brutal though.

We should have a game at Missouri State (our last BracketBusters connection), and hopefully another one against UMass (our MAC "half-brothers"), but I'll be interested to see who else is scheduled. I'd like to see some middle of the road BCS schools. More Purdue's, and less Duke's.
02-27-2014 08:45 AM
emu steve Offline
Legend

(02-27-2014 08:45 AM)EagleSam Wrote:  It was obviously a money thing. When no one comes to our home games, we need to go get our asses beat for a big pay day. Murphy did say that next year's schedule won't be nearly as brutal though.

We should have a game at Missouri State (our last BracketBusters connection), and hopefully another one against UMass (our MAC "half-brothers"), but I'll be interested to see who else is scheduled. I'd like to see some middle of the road BCS schools. More Purdue's, and less Duke's.

I doubt UMass.

UMass is playing two-year home and homes with the MAC FB teams. We've had our two games vs. UMass.

Purdue, of course, was home and home with the FB game tie-in.

Next year's schedule could look VERY different than this years...

We might win some games next year because of a softer schedule with less talent.
(This post was last modified: 02-27-2014 09:10 AM by emu steve.)
02-27-2014 09:10 AM
Advertisement

emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: emu
I liked this year's schedule with a lot of Div I mid majors on the schedule and would like to see this continue especially for home games.
02-27-2014 09:58 AM
Dennis D. Rachwal Offline
1st String

I Root For: Eagles
UDM, OAKLAND NEXT YEAR????

SOME HORIZON LEAGUE TEAMS?
02-27-2014 10:51 AM
Advertisement

EagleSam Offline
Heisman

Murphy and Kampe both expressed interest in keeping their series going. Hopefully UDM wants in with us too.

Honestly, both of those teams are no-brainers, scheduling wise. I don't get why we don't play them both every year.
02-27-2014 02:34 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

(02-27-2014 02:34 PM)EagleSam Wrote:  Murphy and Kampe both expressed interest in keeping their series going. Hopefully UDM wants in with us too.

Honestly, both of those teams are no-brainers, scheduling wise. I don't get why we don't play them both every year.

I agree. The deal being we'll play one game at either OU or UDM and host the other team. Vice versa the next year.

This gets two OOC games for OU, UDM and EMU each season.

All problems should be this simple. 04-cheers
02-27-2014 03:35 PM
Advertisement

EagleSam Offline
Heisman

Oakland and UD are in the same conference. This is more for us. Even still, it's a smart scheduling move to just alternate home/road with both of them every year. Saves travel costs, plus the level of competition is nearly identical.
02-27-2014 03:44 PM
masttg Offline
1st String

Id like to see more local midmajors too, like the smaller Catholic schools: Depaul Dayton Duquense...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
(This post was last modified: 02-27-2014 03:55 PM by masttg.)
02-27-2014 03:51 PM
Advertisement

emussuperfan Offline
Heisman

(02-27-2014 03:35 PM)emu steve Wrote:  
(02-27-2014 02:34 PM)EagleSam Wrote:  Murphy and Kampe both expressed interest in keeping their series going. Hopefully UDM wants in with us too.

I agree. The deal being we'll play one game at either OU or UDM and host the other team. Vice versa the next year.

This gets two OOC games for OU, UDM and EMU each season.

All problems should be this simple. 04-cheers

I have no use for UDM fans twice I have confronted in the parking by some of them. Once they throw something at me from the upper section.
(This post was last modified: 02-27-2014 10:16 PM by emussuperfan.)
02-27-2014 10:14 PM
emussuperfan Offline
Heisman

(02-27-2014 08:45 AM)EagleSam Wrote:  It was obviously a money thing. When no one comes to our home games, we need to go get our asses beat for a big pay day. Murphy did say that next year's schedule won't be nearly as brutal though.

Less Duke? Any less would be none at all! Yes it was a tough but very good schedule!
02-27-2014 10:18 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.