Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Big Time Mexican Drug Lord Arrested......again
VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
Big Time Mexican Drug Lord Arrested......again
Evidently, Mexican police along with US help, arrested "El Chapo" and he's now in a super secure super maximum security prison outside of Mexico City. (He escaped a Mexican prision a decade). Well, our great AG Eric Holder called his Mexican counterpart to congratulate himo n El Chapo's arrest. Holder also requested extradition to the US. The Mexican AG told Holder no.

Now, I can see this a good and bad for Mexican authorities. If they extradite El Chapo then the attorney's/judges etc wouldn't have to fear cartel reprisals against them and their family. It would be the US's problem. The bad is they will be seen as bowing to the US.

In the end, this drug lord will probably bribe some judge, serve a couple of years, and then get out. He doesn't even face any charges in his home state.
02-26-2014 09:32 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

LSU04_08 Offline
Deo Vindice

I Root For: The Deplorables
RE: Big Time Mexican Drug Lord Arrested......again
What's his home state? I wonder if a little bribery and promise of a (D) vote will get him pardoned.
02-26-2014 09:36 AM
VA49er Offline
Legend

(02-26-2014 09:36 AM)LSU04_08 Wrote:  What's his home state? I wonder if a little bribery and promise of a (D) vote will get him pardoned.

By "state" I meant the Mexican "state" of Sinaloa. Sorry, should have made that clearer.
02-26-2014 09:38 AM
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
(02-26-2014 09:32 AM)VA49er Wrote:  Evidently, Mexican police along with US help, arrested "El Chapo" and he's now in a super secure super maximum security prison outside of Mexico City. (He escaped a Mexican prision a decade). Well, our great AG Eric Holder called his Mexican counterpart to congratulate himo n El Chapo's arrest. Holder also requested extradition to the US. The Mexican AG told Holder no.

Now, I can see this a good and bad for Mexican authorities. If they extradite El Chapo then the attorney's/judges etc wouldn't have to fear cartel reprisals against them and their family. It would be the US's problem. The bad is they will be seen as bowing to the US.

In the end, this drug lord will probably bribe some judge, serve a couple of years, and then get out. He doesn't even face any charges in his home state.
IMO you are being optimistic. More likely he'll bribe the corrupt guards and walk out the front gate.
02-26-2014 09:47 AM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
The Federalis aren't really corrupt. The local and state officials certainly are.

Besides, the Federal Mexican officials want this guy bad.
02-26-2014 09:52 AM
Advertisement

LSU04_08 Offline
Deo Vindice

(02-26-2014 09:38 AM)VA49er Wrote:  
(02-26-2014 09:36 AM)LSU04_08 Wrote:  What's his home state? I wonder if a little bribery and promise of a (D) vote will get him pardoned.

By "state" I meant the Mexican "state" of Sinaloa. Sorry, should have made that clearer.

It's cool, I figured that's what you were talking about... Who knows though, a decent bribe might help... Holder is already on it.
02-26-2014 09:53 AM
GoApps70 Offline

I Root For: Appalachian St.
Holder is not used to being told no.
02-26-2014 10:35 AM
LSU04_08 Offline
Deo Vindice

(02-26-2014 10:35 AM)GoApps70 Wrote:  Holder is not used to being told no.

Yeah no doubt... While he goes out and tells people they don't have to adhere to the law since it doesn't fit their beliefs... This administration just runs over everyone and do what they want regardless of rules and laws... It's not even American.
02-26-2014 10:44 AM
GoApps70 Offline

I Root For: Appalachian St.
Would hope they implant a location device within his body before he bribes his way out.
After all, it's Mexico, they can pretty much do what they want. They sound a lot like Holder.
02-26-2014 10:49 AM
Advertisement

LSU04_08 Offline
Deo Vindice

(02-26-2014 10:49 AM)GoApps70 Wrote:  Would hope they implant a location device within his body before he bribes his way out.
After all, it's Mexico, they can pretty much do what they want. They sound a lot like Holder.

Dude really needs to step down.

OT: He looks a lot like a 50 year old Michael Sam lol...
02-26-2014 10:53 AM
VA49er Offline
Legend

(02-26-2014 09:47 AM)Kaplony Wrote:  
(02-26-2014 09:32 AM)VA49er Wrote:  Evidently, Mexican police along with US help, arrested "El Chapo" and he's now in a super secure super maximum security prison outside of Mexico City. (He escaped a Mexican prision a decade). Well, our great AG Eric Holder called his Mexican counterpart to congratulate himo n El Chapo's arrest. Holder also requested extradition to the US. The Mexican AG told Holder no.

IMO you are being optimistic. More likely he'll bribe the corrupt guards and walk out the front gate.

That's probably how he escaped the first time. He evidently escaped by hidingn in a laundry basket or something like that.
02-26-2014 11:45 AM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
When this story broke a few days ago I could swear I read somewhere that the NSA helped find this guy, possibly through his cell phone.
02-26-2014 12:07 PM
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
(02-26-2014 09:52 AM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  The Federalis aren't really corrupt. The local and state officials certainly are.

From what the former feds working here say I would have my doubts about that. The higher-ups might be somewhat clean, but the lower you get on the food chain the dirtier they get. The Mexican government doesn't pay anywhere near as well as the cartels.
02-26-2014 12:59 PM
Advertisement

VA49er Offline
Legend

(02-26-2014 12:59 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  
(02-26-2014 09:52 AM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  The Federalis aren't really corrupt. The local and state officials certainly are.

From what the former feds working here say I would have my doubts about that. The higher-ups might be somewhat clean, but the lower you get on the food chain the dirtier they get. The Mexican government doesn't pay anywhere near as well as the cartels.

My guess is the real reason the Mexican AG doesn't want to extradite this guy to the US is that if he gets to the US he is going to open up about a lot of things the Mexicans don't want out in the open. Number one item being how many Mexican officials he had on his payroll.
02-26-2014 01:02 PM
Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU
Right about now, El Chapo's #2 guy is probably assuming the role as cartel honcho, at least until El Chapo gets out again. There might be a short term hiccup in product movement, but at the end of the day, supply/demand will continue unabated despite the loads of $$$, resources and planning that went into catching this guy.
02-26-2014 01:13 PM
stinkfist Online
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards

Dammit boy, I finally agreed with you....I used to visit TJ once a month for a couple of years.....when they yanked the guns from the policia and had federales at four points mounted AKs riding around on the back of a pickup...

Hell, at the Pueblo Amigo, I saw protectors with uzis on the third floor....needless to say, I had to make sure the focus was on punching button #2.....

I was told to stay in a very small triangle....heeded that advice w/o question
02-26-2014 01:49 PM
DaSaintFan Offline
Dum' Sutherner in Midwest!

I Root For: Southern Miss

I thought the Mexicans said "we'll be willing to talk extradition immediately after we get done with him in a court in Mexico?" (In other words, after they string him up and let the buzzards have at him for a few weeks?)
(This post was last modified: 02-26-2014 03:56 PM by DaSaintFan.)
02-26-2014 03:56 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
(02-26-2014 03:56 PM)DaSaintFan Wrote:  

I thought the Mexicans said "we'll be willing to talk extradition immediately after we get done with him in a court in Mexico?" (In other words, after they string him up and let the buzzards have at him for a few weeks?)

Nah, that'll never happen. He'll be released then all heck will break loose with the U.S. and Mejico. 07-coffee3
02-26-2014 03:59 PM
DaSaintFan Offline
Dum' Sutherner in Midwest!

I Root For: Southern Miss
not this time, from what I hear Ollie.. The Mexicans want him dead and buried (or shown off as a warning) as much as anyone does this time around.

He _might_ find someone who will be bribe-able, but this is a case, where I'm not so sure.
02-26-2014 04:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
VA49er Offline
Legend

(02-26-2014 03:56 PM)DaSaintFan Wrote:  

That should give him plenty of time to "escape".
02-26-2014 05:34 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.